CAT tap?

Eims
Eims Member Posts: 423

hi all,

has anyone ever had a cat tap done as a follow up?  i thought they said cat scan but i saw my gp on friday and he said no it was a cat tap??!!  also did anyone suffer with a dodgey back after surgery?

eims x

 

Comments

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    CAT tap?

    Eims, I've got a cat flap but not a cat tap - could you maybe ask your GP where I could buy one?

    It might be a good idea to be a bit more specific about the back problem, since I'm guessing quite a few here will have experienced vaious problems.

  • growler9
    growler9 Member Posts: 48

    CAT tap?

    Eims, I've got a cat flap but not a cat tap - could you maybe ask your GP where I could buy one?

    It might be a good idea to be a bit more specific about the back problem, since I'm guessing quite a few here will have experienced vaious problems.

    CAT T-A-P scan

    The Spanish to English conversion meaning CAT scan of chest-abdomen-pelvic.

    What country are you in Eims?

    Alan

     

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    CAT Tap

    Hi Eims,

    I have no idea what a CAT Tap is, are you in Europe or the States? I live in France and can't see it listed here.

    With regards to the back pain, I am with you there. I am just recovering from a partial nephrectomy. I have had shoulder, neck and back pain, the back being the worst. When having robotic surgery they strap you tightly around the shoulders and low back area and your head is secured in a block. You are tipped at an angle dependent on which kidney involved. I think the procedure plus internal inflammation of tissue must be causing the back pain. I would think a lot of the muscles are still in spasm. 

    I start physio next week so I am hoping that will sort it out

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    growler9 said:

    CAT T-A-P scan

    The Spanish to English conversion meaning CAT scan of chest-abdomen-pelvic.

    What country are you in Eims?

    Alan

     

    CT TAP

    Ireland, Alan. 

    TAP for Thorax, Abdomen, Pelvis - not a special type of CT but, as you figured, just abbreviation for the extent of coverage of the scan.

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    my doc said they would take

    my doc said they would take fluid from my stomach to see if anything was amiss but i have to say i have never heard of that!!  i reckon that the back stuff is due to all the rumaging around in there!!

    eims x

  • growler9
    growler9 Member Posts: 48
    Eims said:

    my doc said they would take

    my doc said they would take fluid from my stomach to see if anything was amiss but i have to say i have never heard of that!!  i reckon that the back stuff is due to all the rumaging around in there!!

    eims x

    tap

    The doc is going to use  CT imagery to guide the tap needle (special needle for drawing fluids from the abdomen). In your case the stomach. Alan

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    growler9 said:

    tap

    The doc is going to use  CT imagery to guide the tap needle (special needle for drawing fluids from the abdomen). In your case the stomach. Alan

    thanks alan...thats exactly

    thanks alan...thats exactly what the doc said..is that a usual procedure for rcc i wonder?  

    eims x

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Eims said:

    thanks alan...thats exactly

    thanks alan...thats exactly what the doc said..is that a usual procedure for rcc i wonder?  

    eims x

    TAP

    When will you get the results from the procedure?

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423

    TAP

    When will you get the results from the procedure?

    ah its not til august

    ah its not til august tex......

    eims x