Critters in the yard

thxmiker
thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278

We woke up to Javelina (Peccary) in our yard.   They are like furry pigs. The males smell like skunk, and they all grunt like pigs when they are searching for food. 

Papa Javelina in my front yard

 

Mama Javelina

 

She came running over to me

image

Comments

  • jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Your pictures aren't showing
    Your pictures aren't showing up!! I'm going to have to go google them now.
    We have squirrels in our yard....are they like that :)
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,299 Member
    smell v taste

    How much paperwork to grill 'em?Smile

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324
    tanstaafl said:

    smell v taste

    How much paperwork to grill 'em?Smile

    Mike

    No pictures yet. I'm sure you know this, but be careful of those "critters". They'll hook you in the leg with those nasty tusks.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

  • devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623
    I have been waiting all day to see those critters!

    In the meantime ....

    image

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    I got the Javelina Pics up!

    Mama Javelina

    This is athe Mother Javelina. She ran over to stare me down.  I have a small wall and I can also jump on the car in front of me. She is about 5 feet (1.3M) away from me.  This is why we moved to the mountains.

     

    Mama Javelina coming to check me out.

    This is the Mama coming over to see me.  She is about 35lbs (16k).

     

    Papa Javelina

     

    This is the Papa Javlina.  This pack is 8 Javelina, 2 little ones, 1 Male, and 5 females.  He is about 55lbs (22k).

     

    Front yard 31413

    This is my front yard a week ago.  The above pics are taken from behind the little car.

     

    OK, So I fnally go the picture thing figured out. I tried to cancel the post but it posted and gave me blank photos.

    Thanks for looking!

    Best Always, mike

     

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    thxmiker said:

    I got the Javelina Pics up!

    Mama Javelina

    This is athe Mother Javelina. She ran over to stare me down.  I have a small wall and I can also jump on the car in front of me. She is about 5 feet (1.3M) away from me.  This is why we moved to the mountains.

     

    Mama Javelina coming to check me out.

    This is the Mama coming over to see me.  She is about 35lbs (16k).

     

    Papa Javelina

     

    This is the Papa Javlina.  This pack is 8 Javelina, 2 little ones, 1 Male, and 5 females.  He is about 55lbs (22k).

     

    Front yard 31413

    This is my front yard a week ago.  The above pics are taken from behind the little car.

     

    OK, So I fnally go the picture thing figured out. I tried to cancel the post but it posted and gave me blank photos.

    Thanks for looking!

    Best Always, mike

     

     
     
     
     

    The Pictures are

     

     

     

     

    snow

    The Pictures are taken from behind the car.  This is our house a week ago.   We love the Mountains!

     

    We live at 5100' elevation.  We are about half way between Flagstaff and the very East side of Phoenix . (Scottsdale)  Our town survives on tourists. Fishing and camping are very big. We also have a lot of Art Festivals, Music Festivals (Jazz and Country), and we have the oldest running Rodeo in the Nation. We have 4 rodeos a year, two are professional and give points to the national contests. 

     

  • devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623
    thxmiker said:

     
     
     
     

    The Pictures are

     

     

     

     

    snow

    The Pictures are taken from behind the car.  This is our house a week ago.   We love the Mountains!

     

    We live at 5100' elevation.  We are about half way between Flagstaff and the very East side of Phoenix . (Scottsdale)  Our town survives on tourists. Fishing and camping are very big. We also have a lot of Art Festivals, Music Festivals (Jazz and Country), and we have the oldest running Rodeo in the Nation. We have 4 rodeos a year, two are professional and give points to the national contests. 

     

    Cute skunk pigs!

    Where you live is lovely.  Have you always lived in the mountains or did you move there for the wonderful fresh air and healthy lifestyle? -- Cynthia

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278

    Cute skunk pigs!

    Where you live is lovely.  Have you always lived in the mountains or did you move there for the wonderful fresh air and healthy lifestyle? -- Cynthia

    We used to live North West of

    We used to live North West of Los Angeles.  I had an Audio Business that catered to the studios.

     

    We moved to Payson Az 1 year ago. We moved for my health and qualiity of life. It was a culture change. This is what small town Calfornia was like 35 years ago. Every one on the street knows each other and helps each other. We have about 50 churches for 15,000 people. Nothing is open on Sunday. We do have concerts in the park on Sundays and Every Friday night in the summer. (May to October)  There is a week day concert some where in town every week. A lot of Jazz and Bluegrass is played.  I have had a chance to sit in a few nights and play my Guitar. The Town is very family and Dog friendly.   

     

    Best Always,    mike

  • AnnLouise
    AnnLouise Member Posts: 276
    Looks and sounds like a wonderful place to live.....

    I have never heard of Javelina ......I always like to learn something new! Great pictures ...thanks for sharing. -~ Ann

  • Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,434 Member
    That snow really melted

    That snow really melted fast.  I'd love to see the reaction of people waking up to that here in NY.  I'd definitely freak. The only thing we have here are monster sized raccoons and beedy little possum but they only come out at night. I have a raccoon that lays on my garage roof every night during the summer.  Once in awhile you get to see a whole raccoon family.  Other than that it's mostly cats.  The cat lady around the block from me feeds about 12. 

  • Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,434 Member
    Helen321 said:

    That snow really melted

    That snow really melted fast.  I'd love to see the reaction of people waking up to that here in NY.  I'd definitely freak. The only thing we have here are monster sized raccoons and beedy little possum but they only come out at night. I have a raccoon that lays on my garage roof every night during the summer.  Once in awhile you get to see a whole raccoon family.  Other than that it's mostly cats.  The cat lady around the block from me feeds about 12. 

    Did racco ons really get

    Did racco ons really get flagged?  give me a break.  why would anyone use that language on a cancer site.  We have bigger problems to deal with!

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    Helen321 said:

    Did racco ons really get

    Did racco ons really get flagged?  give me a break.  why would anyone use that language on a cancer site.  We have bigger problems to deal with!

    They are sneaky and have

    They are sneaky and have masks!

     

    lol

     

    We had them in our trash cans nearly every night in SoCal.   They also carry a parasite that is lethal to humans. (UCLA  Larry Ash PhD/MD)

     

    Best Always,  mike