Okay Phil, Wracking My Brain Here

wolfen
wolfen Member Posts: 1,324

Who is the artist in your video tutorial for posting pictures? Hubby used to love watching his show On Saturday mornings. It aired for many years, even after he was gone.

Luv,

Wolfen

Comments

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not Phil...but

    I too used to enjoy the Joy of Painting.  I beleive the man's name is Bob Ross.

    I always felt the "inner me" was destined to paint, but as happens some times, the "outer me" just couldn't execute!  I am not even very good at just painting the walls in the house...lol.

    Hugs,

    Marie who loves kitties

     

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324

    Not Phil...but

    I too used to enjoy the Joy of Painting.  I beleive the man's name is Bob Ross.

    I always felt the "inner me" was destined to paint, but as happens some times, the "outer me" just couldn't execute!  I am not even very good at just painting the walls in the house...lol.

    Hugs,

    Marie who loves kitties

     

    Thanks, Marie

    You beat Phil to the punch.

    This incident brought to mind a fond memory of my father, bless his soul.  Back in the 50's we used to love watching Westerns on the new fangled machine we got called a television.  We always watched "Lawman"(in reruns now). Twenty years later, we both tried for weeks to remember the name of the lead actor. No search engines then. In the middle of the night, my father called and simply said "John Russell" and hung up. My dad was a character and I miss him after 36 years.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

    P.S. I can't paint either.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866

    Not Phil...but

    I too used to enjoy the Joy of Painting.  I beleive the man's name is Bob Ross.

    I always felt the "inner me" was destined to paint, but as happens some times, the "outer me" just couldn't execute!  I am not even very good at just painting the walls in the house...lol.

    Hugs,

    Marie who loves kitties

     

    We Have a Winner!

    image

    It was Bob Ross. He used to talk about the Happy Little Trees

    There was another guy, Jon Gnagy's {Mr. "Learn-To-Draw"}, who had an earlier Learn to Draw show...

    Jon Gnagy

  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117
    PhillieG said:

    We Have a Winner!

    image

    It was Bob Ross. He used to talk about the Happy Little Trees

    There was another guy, Jon Gnagy's {Mr. "Learn-To-Draw"}, who had an earlier Learn to Draw show...

    Jon Gnagy

    ok too funny

    now i know what too many birthdays can do to you.calling a tv a new fangled machine.i guess thats why your antique wolfen and i am vintage....Godbless...johnnybegood

  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576
    haha

    yes indeedy as the years slip past so do names.  Sometimes I swear any conversation we have goes like this......well you know who I mean....yay what's his name....ummm and he used to play on that show called...oh you remember the one......yup that's the way it goesLaughing Embarassed

     

    oh and ahppy birthday dear girl.....oops.....shouldn't post that here.....just teasing wolfen....happy happy birthday and many more....write anytime....someone is bound to remember....I have to google about 10 things a day.....

    mags

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    OK Wolfen...now you started it...lol

    Ok Wolfen...now you started it!  This sent me off on my own search of another TV artist that I used to watch.  He was an older man with a beard, always wore a white open weave cowboy shaped hat and was a real character.

    Finally found him on the net...Gary Jenkins.  His favorite thing to paint was florals.  He and his wife have/had their own The Beauty of Painting with Oils show.

    Fond memories of when TV actually had something worth watching!

    Hugs,

    Marie who loves kitties

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866

    OK Wolfen...now you started it...lol

    Ok Wolfen...now you started it!  This sent me off on my own search of another TV artist that I used to watch.  He was an older man with a beard, always wore a white open weave cowboy shaped hat and was a real character.

    Finally found him on the net...Gary Jenkins.  His favorite thing to paint was florals.  He and his wife have/had their own The Beauty of Painting with Oils show.

    Fond memories of when TV actually had something worth watching!

    Hugs,

    Marie who loves kitties

    My Sister had this Book

    Jon Gnagy

    The Internet really is amazing for finding "important" stuff like this.

    One really can find out information on just about any TV/Radio show or cultural event.

    I never heard of Gary Jenkins. I wonder if he was more regional? Bob Ross had that incredible 'fro and was so cheerful. I'm sure being on PBS made him more popular. And Gnagy was the first.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    wolfen said:

    Thanks, Marie

    You beat Phil to the punch.

    This incident brought to mind a fond memory of my father, bless his soul.  Back in the 50's we used to love watching Westerns on the new fangled machine we got called a television.  We always watched "Lawman"(in reruns now). Twenty years later, we both tried for weeks to remember the name of the lead actor. No search engines then. In the middle of the night, my father called and simply said "John Russell" and hung up. My dad was a character and I miss him after 36 years.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

    P.S. I can't paint either.

    Funny Story

    Often I can remember stuff like that but it could come in the middle of the night like it did with your Dad.

  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    PhillieG said:

    My Sister had this Book

    Jon Gnagy

    The Internet really is amazing for finding "important" stuff like this.

    One really can find out information on just about any TV/Radio show or cultural event.

    I never heard of Gary Jenkins. I wonder if he was more regional? Bob Ross had that incredible 'fro and was so cheerful. I'm sure being on PBS made him more popular. And Gnagy was the first.

    Gary was also on PBS...filmed out of California I think, but it is entirely possible that not all PBS stations carried his show.  It was more aimed at the ladies I guess since his forte was florals.

    FYI:  Here is a pic of Gary...a different hat and a bit less "wiry" but pretty much the same otherwise as I remember him.

    image

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866

    Gary was also on PBS...filmed out of California I think, but it is entirely possible that not all PBS stations carried his show.  It was more aimed at the ladies I guess since his forte was florals.

    FYI:  Here is a pic of Gary...a different hat and a bit less "wiry" but pretty much the same otherwise as I remember him.

    image

    I Don't Recall Him

    But I certainly may have moved on to cooking shows by then since I can't paint or draw. It always amazed me how people could paint and make it look so easy. I recently went to the Guggenheim Museum in NYC and some of THAT stuff I could possibly do like the big blue dot on a white canvas! Then again, mine would probably turn out square

     

  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    PhillieG said:

    We Have a Winner!

    image

    It was Bob Ross. He used to talk about the Happy Little Trees

    There was another guy, Jon Gnagy's {Mr. "Learn-To-Draw"}, who had an earlier Learn to Draw show...

    Jon Gnagy

    My mom's next door neighbor

    My mom's next door neighbor was a long time student of Ross. The neighbor's paintings are truly lovely.  Maybe I should commission one before he passes away.  He's in his early 80's but still teaches at the college in town.  Happy little trees...I tried painting them once - looked more like skinny toilet brushes!  ;)

  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324
    PhillieG said:

    I Don't Recall Him

    But I certainly may have moved on to cooking shows by then since I can't paint or draw. It always amazed me how people could paint and make it look so easy. I recently went to the Guggenheim Museum in NYC and some of THAT stuff I could possibly do like the big blue dot on a white canvas! Then again, mine would probably turn out square

     

    Fingerpaints

    I always figured my kids did better than Jackson Pollock with their fingerpaints. Whoops! That's my humble opinion only.

    I'm partial to Western art.

    Luv,

    Wolfen