It has been a while since i was here last

Hi it has been a while since i was here last, i was first diagnosed in 2008 with FNHL, did RCHOP, and maintence chemo until Oct 2010, was diagnosed again this past August, and just finished 2 sessions of retuxan, and also an infusion of Zevalin last Tuesday 1-15.I didnt quite make  2 yr remission, so i will be monitored with ;abs etc and i know my cell counts will drop, and im prepared for whats ahead, i refuse to lose! 

Comments

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    "HI"....

    Hi Chris,

     I'm so happy to see your post! I've wondered many times how you were doing. I'm so sorry you relapsed last August, but glad to hear there was treatment still available to fight back with. I hope you do well with the Zevalin.Do you remember Hilde? She's another member here who had Zevalin and if memory serves me right she did good with it. Don't give up hope Chris, you are going to beat this! I hope you keep posting and remember...we are always here to help you through this. Thanks for checking in and you will be in my prayers and positive thoughts! Much love...Sue

    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    allmost60 said:

    "HI"....

    Hi Chris,

     I'm so happy to see your post! I've wondered many times how you were doing. I'm so sorry you relapsed last August, but glad to hear there was treatment still available to fight back with. I hope you do well with the Zevalin.Do you remember Hilde? She's another member here who had Zevalin and if memory serves me right she did good with it. Don't give up hope Chris, you are going to beat this! I hope you keep posting and remember...we are always here to help you through this. Thanks for checking in and you will be in my prayers and positive thoughts! Much love...Sue

    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

    Hi Sue,
    Thank you for

    Hi Sue,

    Thank you for replying, today i am kinda feeling a little sluggish, slight nausea, and my appetite has changed, i think of all these different things i would like to eat then the idea disapates(spelling) I am prepared to be inside a lot and away from crowds etc, i live in NY and theres a bad flu epidemic going on,kind of scary.

    Going to read a bit while i can concentrate on it, have a good day and take care.

                                                       Chris

  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi Chris

    Hi Chris,

    I wanted to rewelcome you to the group. You have been through a lot and I'm sure you will get through it this time also! I'm also doing Rituxan minus the Zevalin. In Nov, I was told that I was in remission but still have to finish my last treatments. I'm currently on my third round and my last one will be in Aug. hopefully the last one. Take care and stay strong!

    Sincerely,

    Liz

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175

    Hi Chris

    Hi Chris,

    I wanted to rewelcome you to the group. You have been through a lot and I'm sure you will get through it this time also! I'm also doing Rituxan minus the Zevalin. In Nov, I was told that I was in remission but still have to finish my last treatments. I'm currently on my third round and my last one will be in Aug. hopefully the last one. Take care and stay strong!

    Sincerely,

    Liz

    my first set of labs

    I had my first set of labs yesterday since my infusion of Zevalin, i can feel the changes that are happening, having pain, some nausea, and weakness, its almost flu like, fevers are coming and going, so far no bruising, which could mean internal bleeding,if that happens and it gets really bad, blood transfusions will be in order, i have been documenting daily in a journal, or every other day,the symptoms and my feelings etc, which i think helps some, soon as i get lab results will post again, so until then..

     

                                                     Chris

  • illead
    illead Member Posts: 879 Member
    Chris17 said:

    my first set of labs

    I had my first set of labs yesterday since my infusion of Zevalin, i can feel the changes that are happening, having pain, some nausea, and weakness, its almost flu like, fevers are coming and going, so far no bruising, which could mean internal bleeding,if that happens and it gets really bad, blood transfusions will be in order, i have been documenting daily in a journal, or every other day,the symptoms and my feelings etc, which i think helps some, soon as i get lab results will post again, so until then..

     

                                                     Chris

    What to say?

    We are so sorry Chris.  It's the news we all dread to hear.  We know you will deal as best as possible and that you know you can gain strength from us.  You can vent here and we will listen.  Our hope is that this is just a little detour and soon you will be better.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Bill and Becky

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    illead said:

    What to say?

    We are so sorry Chris.  It's the news we all dread to hear.  We know you will deal as best as possible and that you know you can gain strength from us.  You can vent here and we will listen.  Our hope is that this is just a little detour and soon you will be better.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Bill and Becky

    Lab results

    Well results from labs are in , cell counts are beginning to drop, but not enough to need Nupagin (spelling) injections, all else is within normal limits, i go back in 10 days for another set, still feeling like i have the flu, but it could be worse, so i wont complain,will post again soon.

     

                                            Chris

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    Chris17 said:

    Lab results

    Well results from labs are in , cell counts are beginning to drop, but not enough to need Nupagin (spelling) injections, all else is within normal limits, i go back in 10 days for another set, still feeling like i have the flu, but it could be worse, so i wont complain,will post again soon.

     

                                            Chris

    P.S.

    Sorry i meant to thank all who have posted here, i greatly appreciate it very much, all the kind words of supposrt really makes a difference, again i thank you allSmile

  • illead
    illead Member Posts: 879 Member
    As always

    You remain in our thoughts, you are never alone here. Bill and Becky

     

    Bill: 64, Dx Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Bendamustine/Rit, now Rit maintence (1more yr.)  In remission one year.

     

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Chris17 said:

    Lab results

    Well results from labs are in , cell counts are beginning to drop, but not enough to need Nupagin (spelling) injections, all else is within normal limits, i go back in 10 days for another set, still feeling like i have the flu, but it could be worse, so i wont complain,will post again soon.

     

                                            Chris

    Hang in there..

    Hi Chris,

     I'll be thinking positive thoughts that your counts stabilize and no shots will be needed. So sorry you have the flu like symptoms...it's a bummer to feel lousy all of the time...just rest, drink lots of fluids and hopefully things will improve. Always here for you.

    Much love...Sue  (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Hi Chris!

        Hope this finds you well and hanging in there. I had the Zevalin almost 3yrs ago and just had another followup scan on February 1st and that was clean. So almost a 3 yr remission. Take good care of yourself and you should come through this just fine. If your bloodwork was normal or near normal prior to the Zevalin then it shouldn't take too hard of a hit,at least that's what they told me and it held true. Best of luck and so good to hear from you. Mary

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175

    Hi Chris!

        Hope this finds you well and hanging in there. I had the Zevalin almost 3yrs ago and just had another followup scan on February 1st and that was clean. So almost a 3 yr remission. Take good care of yourself and you should come through this just fine. If your bloodwork was normal or near normal prior to the Zevalin then it shouldn't take too hard of a hit,at least that's what they told me and it held true. Best of luck and so good to hear from you. Mary

    Hi Mary
    Thanks so much for

    Hi Mary

    Thanks so much for your reply,i had a set of lab work done 2 weeks ago and the cell count had started to drop, i go again Monday to see if its continuing to drop, i have been having pain, sometimes its bad, other times i can tolerate it, makes me antsy, nausea wasnt too bad, appetite has changed, cant eat like i used to, get full fast after several bites, which for me should be a good thing, can stand to lose some weight, as soon as i get results of labs will post i am also hopeing she will want a scan to see if there is any change,again thank you

     

                                                        Chris

  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Chris17 said:

    Hi Mary
    Thanks so much for

    Hi Mary

    Thanks so much for your reply,i had a set of lab work done 2 weeks ago and the cell count had started to drop, i go again Monday to see if its continuing to drop, i have been having pain, sometimes its bad, other times i can tolerate it, makes me antsy, nausea wasnt too bad, appetite has changed, cant eat like i used to, get full fast after several bites, which for me should be a good thing, can stand to lose some weight, as soon as i get results of labs will post i am also hopeing she will want a scan to see if there is any change,again thank you

     

                                                        Chris

    Sorry Chris!

    I worked the last several days and didn't see this until now. Good luck with the labs tomorrow. Like I said I really didn't have too much trouble with the Zevalin and the bloodwork. The counts dropped off for a few weeks or so then recovered and stayed there. Sorry you are having pain. Are they able to help you with that? The only pain I remember having was in my legs. When my blood counts were low it seemed like my legs would hurt and feel weak. Also had pretty bad left hip pain but all that is gone now. Were you in remission when they did the Zevalin? Again good luck and I'll be thinking of you. Mary

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175

    Sorry Chris!

    I worked the last several days and didn't see this until now. Good luck with the labs tomorrow. Like I said I really didn't have too much trouble with the Zevalin and the bloodwork. The counts dropped off for a few weeks or so then recovered and stayed there. Sorry you are having pain. Are they able to help you with that? The only pain I remember having was in my legs. When my blood counts were low it seemed like my legs would hurt and feel weak. Also had pretty bad left hip pain but all that is gone now. Were you in remission when they did the Zevalin? Again good luck and I'll be thinking of you. Mary

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply, as to your question, no i relapsed was in remission a little over a yr around 14 months, but i was feeling something wasnt right before i was diagnosed last sept, good to read you are doing well, i get pain a lot on my arms , hands and one leg, and i have been getting headaches too, hope i am able to keep my appt tomorrow, we had a bad snow storm here on long island, got over 2 ft of snow, will find out if my ride will come thru, again thanks for your reply

     

                                                     Chris

  • epicc
    epicc Member Posts: 137
    Chris17 said:

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply, as to your question, no i relapsed was in remission a little over a yr around 14 months, but i was feeling something wasnt right before i was diagnosed last sept, good to read you are doing well, i get pain a lot on my arms , hands and one leg, and i have been getting headaches too, hope i am able to keep my appt tomorrow, we had a bad snow storm here on long island, got over 2 ft of snow, will find out if my ride will come thru, again thanks for your reply

     

                                                     Chris

    Hope you dug yourself out

    Hi Chris,

    I am also from Long Island.  Wha a storm that was.  My mom was diagnosed with Intravascular Lymphoma and is being treated at Stony Brook Cancer.  My mom is 82 years old and although she as healthy before her diagnosis, she became very sick quick.  Instead of using R-CHOP they used R-CVP.  It did not work well for her so now they are using Bendimustine/Rixtuan.  It seems to be working better.  Where are you being treated? I hope you are feeling better.  Emily

     

  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    epicc said:

    Hope you dug yourself out

    Hi Chris,

    I am also from Long Island.  Wha a storm that was.  My mom was diagnosed with Intravascular Lymphoma and is being treated at Stony Brook Cancer.  My mom is 82 years old and although she as healthy before her diagnosis, she became very sick quick.  Instead of using R-CHOP they used R-CVP.  It did not work well for her so now they are using Bendimustine/Rixtuan.  It seems to be working better.  Where are you being treated? I hope you are feeling better.  Emily

     

    Hi Emily

    I go to woodbury office of Queens long island medical goup, really friendly people there, i wish the best for your mom, i had RCHOP and i barely remember 2008 when i had my first treatment, i relapsed this past Sept, and i had Zevalin and rituxan, saw the doc today my platelet counts have dropped to 38,000 doc said if it goes below 20,000 i will need a transfusion, o have been dealing with follicular non hodgkins lymphoma since april 2008, my remission was 14 months at the most. The zevalin i was given is to extend my remission, hopefully it will work if not then i have to do stem cell transplant, all the best to you and your mom, take care and be safe outside.

     

                                 Chris

  • epicc
    epicc Member Posts: 137
    Chris17 said:

    Hi Emily

    I go to woodbury office of Queens long island medical goup, really friendly people there, i wish the best for your mom, i had RCHOP and i barely remember 2008 when i had my first treatment, i relapsed this past Sept, and i had Zevalin and rituxan, saw the doc today my platelet counts have dropped to 38,000 doc said if it goes below 20,000 i will need a transfusion, o have been dealing with follicular non hodgkins lymphoma since april 2008, my remission was 14 months at the most. The zevalin i was given is to extend my remission, hopefully it will work if not then i have to do stem cell transplant, all the best to you and your mom, take care and be safe outside.

     

                                 Chris

    I wish you all the best

    Chris,

    I wish you all the best with your treatment.  I will pray for you.  The roads are very bad today.  Could not get my mom to Stony Brook for her shot.  Will try again tomorrow.  Feel better Chris.

     

    Hugs

    Emily

     

  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Chris17 said:

    Hi Emily

    I go to woodbury office of Queens long island medical goup, really friendly people there, i wish the best for your mom, i had RCHOP and i barely remember 2008 when i had my first treatment, i relapsed this past Sept, and i had Zevalin and rituxan, saw the doc today my platelet counts have dropped to 38,000 doc said if it goes below 20,000 i will need a transfusion, o have been dealing with follicular non hodgkins lymphoma since april 2008, my remission was 14 months at the most. The zevalin i was given is to extend my remission, hopefully it will work if not then i have to do stem cell transplant, all the best to you and your mom, take care and be safe outside.

     

                                 Chris

    Hi Chris

    Hi Chris.  I meant to respond to you sooner.  I just wanted to welcome you back to the group and offer you supportive and positive throughts.   I hope the zevalin does the job for you.  Just know we are here for you.

    Big hugs,

    Jim

  • TooBlessed
    TooBlessed Member Posts: 2
    Have you had a scan since

    Have you had a scan since your Zevalin treatment?  I had Zevalin 2/27/13 and will have my PET/CT on 6/14/13.  Have your blood counts gone back to normal?  I hope you are doing well.