Update--_Dapsterd

Dapsterd
Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
Well Family....another week in ICU with two brain mets surgically removed. Director of radiation will wait til sept scans -mri and ct to determine course of action....Meanwhile ...have a hell of a summer they say after removing 60 ish staples!!!!

hope all is well!!!

Dave

Comments

  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66
    You always seem to rebound with a positive attitude no matter what, an admirable trait!
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 842
    Get out of there
    we're saving you some of that Michigan sun and humidity.
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66
    dennycee said:

    Get out of there
    we're saving you some of that Michigan sun and humidity.

    club michigan
    I'm a "Michigander" as well!!!!!
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 842
    sissylu1 said:

    club michigan
    I'm a "Michigander" as well!!!!!

    Hi Sissylu
    What part of the mitten do you call home?
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66
    dennycee said:

    Hi Sissylu
    What part of the mitten do you call home?

    I'm actually pretty close to
    I'm actually pretty close to the michigan/ohio border, monroe county but I work in ann arbor...and you?
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    I can not work
    I am in Novi actually, havnt' worked since dx in june 2010, I admire folks that can!!!

    Was stage IIIB, now a IV i guess, Saw someone in hospice last night due to cancer throughtout, he has about a 1.5 days I would guess.
    Sad...>Dave
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505
    Dapsterd said:

    I can not work
    I am in Novi actually, havnt' worked since dx in june 2010, I admire folks that can!!!

    Was stage IIIB, now a IV i guess, Saw someone in hospice last night due to cancer throughtout, he has about a 1.5 days I would guess.
    Sad...>Dave

    Work is highly overated...
    You take off that sad face Dapper! Keep your friend in your thoughts but you have made it this far, keep going...
    Cheers
    Medi
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 842
    Dapsterd said:

    I can not work
    I am in Novi actually, havnt' worked since dx in june 2010, I admire folks that can!!!

    Was stage IIIB, now a IV i guess, Saw someone in hospice last night due to cancer throughtout, he has about a 1.5 days I would guess.
    Sad...>Dave

    Work
    I miss it too. There are several non-profits that benefit from my retirement. I hold down a mean table at benefits and events and I keep a cushion in my car for those that don't have padded chairs. When you're feeling better maybe you can too. We did not go through all this chemo and radiation let alone our surgeries to sit around and watch tv. You also have those kids to keep an eye on.
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 842
    sissylu1 said:

    I'm actually pretty close to
    I'm actually pretty close to the michigan/ohio border, monroe county but I work in ann arbor...and you?

    Another Neighbor
    Ypsilanti Twsp not far from A2. Honk when you pass 94 I'll know it's you.
  • kado4
    kado4 Member Posts: 80
    I hope you are feeling better.
    Hi Dapsterd....I haven't been on in a while....Sorry to hear you were in ICU..I hope you're out at this point.Im praying/hoping that your next mri/ct will not show anything new...keeping you in my thoughts..Kado.
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    kado4 said:

    I hope you are feeling better.
    Hi Dapsterd....I haven't been on in a while....Sorry to hear you were in ICU..I hope you're out at this point.Im praying/hoping that your next mri/ct will not show anything new...keeping you in my thoughts..Kado.

    Enjoy the Summer !!!
    Doc's said to enjoy the summer, so...going deep sea fishing in FLA in August(?), Sept scans....then to beachfront condo in Madiera Beach and to Key West.....all on not much $$..go figure !!!!

    Best Wishes Sincerely....
    Dave
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    Dapsterd said:

    Enjoy the Summer !!!
    Doc's said to enjoy the summer, so...going deep sea fishing in FLA in August(?), Sept scans....then to beachfront condo in Madiera Beach and to Key West.....all on not much $$..go figure !!!!

    Best Wishes Sincerely....
    Dave

    Enjoy
    A lot of great vacations were done on very little money. Sometimes they are they best.


    Enjoy

    cathy