:)

Pop_Pop
Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9
edited April 2012 in Kidney Cancer #1
Good Morning all. and thank you.
«1

Comments

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,359 Member
    Greetings
    Pop_Pop,

    Tell us a little about yourself and your connection to RCC so that we can greet you properly.

    Icemantoo
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    icemantoo said:

    Greetings
    Pop_Pop,

    Tell us a little about yourself and your connection to RCC so that we can greet you properly.

    Icemantoo

    Greetings
    Hi,

    but entry here is usually with more of a bang, Pop_Pop.
  • littledarlin
    littledarlin Member Posts: 102

    Greetings
    Hi,

    but entry here is usually with more of a bang, Pop_Pop.

    Greetings
    Hello and Good morning..

    What brings you to our neck of the woods this morning?

    LD
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Welcome to the club...
    Hi Pops,

    Assuming you have been exposed to RCC in one way or another, welcome to the club. If you spend a bit of time reading the various threads here and learning more about our journeys perhaps you will get comfortable enough to share a bit more about yourself. We'll help you any way we can.

    Good health,

    Gary
  • Pop_Pop
    Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9
    icemantoo said:

    Greetings
    Pop_Pop,

    Tell us a little about yourself and your connection to RCC so that we can greet you properly.

    Icemantoo

    i am a little shy. i know
    i am a little shy. i know that this is a little late but my surgery is tomorrow and needless to say im a little nervous. i am having a Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy done. i have read many post on here and they have been very helpful but i find myself maybe reading to much. im just not looking forward to any of it. i didnt sleep very well at all last night and guess im just looking for some feed back from people who have been down this road already. thanks.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,359 Member
    garym said:

    Welcome to the club...
    Hi Pops,

    Assuming you have been exposed to RCC in one way or another, welcome to the club. If you spend a bit of time reading the various threads here and learning more about our journeys perhaps you will get comfortable enough to share a bit more about yourself. We'll help you any way we can.

    Good health,

    Gary

    Nervous
    Pop_Pop,

    Who wouldn't be nervous and a little scared the day before surgery. All of us were. Not fun being tokd you have RCC and then have surgery out of the gate. Having a partial done laproscopically suggests that your tumor and recovery should be managable. Generally if it is 4 cm or under your chance of a full and comolete recovery are as close to 100% as you can get. I wish I could tell you that the surgery doesn't hurt but I can't. It is the price you pay on your road to being cancer free one day from now. Mine was almost 10 years ago and I have had no problems with RCC since.

    Best wishes on a full and complete recovery.

    Icemantoo
  • Pop_Pop
    Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9
    icemantoo said:

    Nervous
    Pop_Pop,

    Who wouldn't be nervous and a little scared the day before surgery. All of us were. Not fun being tokd you have RCC and then have surgery out of the gate. Having a partial done laproscopically suggests that your tumor and recovery should be managable. Generally if it is 4 cm or under your chance of a full and comolete recovery are as close to 100% as you can get. I wish I could tell you that the surgery doesn't hurt but I can't. It is the price you pay on your road to being cancer free one day from now. Mine was almost 10 years ago and I have had no problems with RCC since.

    Best wishes on a full and complete recovery.

    Icemantoo

    thanks
    thank you icemantoo. it is 3.6 cm. be glad when its all over.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Pop_Pop said:

    thanks
    thank you icemantoo. it is 3.6 cm. be glad when its all over.

    Soon over
    Then come back here as soon as you feel up to it so's we can give you tips on how to recover as comfortably and quickly as possible. As iceman has told you, you've got very little to worry about, apart from a couple of sore days which will also soon be over.
  • Pop_Pop
    Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9

    Soon over
    Then come back here as soon as you feel up to it so's we can give you tips on how to recover as comfortably and quickly as possible. As iceman has told you, you've got very little to worry about, apart from a couple of sore days which will also soon be over.

    :(
    thank you . right now my biggest concern is my 300ml of magnesium Citrate.
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Pop_Pop said:

    i am a little shy. i know
    i am a little shy. i know that this is a little late but my surgery is tomorrow and needless to say im a little nervous. i am having a Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy done. i have read many post on here and they have been very helpful but i find myself maybe reading to much. im just not looking forward to any of it. i didnt sleep very well at all last night and guess im just looking for some feed back from people who have been down this road already. thanks.

    Good luck tomorrow...
    Pops,

    Like you, I didn't find this site until right before my full lap rad nephrectomy about 2-1/2 years ago now. What you are feeling right now is perfectly normal, everything happens so fast between dx and surgery that by the time you can say WTF you are already in recovery. A partial likely means your tumor is small and they caught it early which gives you a prognosis that surgery will be a cure and you can spend the next 70 years or so telling people that you once "HAD" cancer. Two weeks from now you will be wondering what all the fuss was about and shortly thereafter this will be nothing more than an unpleasant memory. You look like a pretty tough hombre, my guess is you'll come through this better than most, you will be fine. Following surgery stay on top of the pain, walk as soon and as much as you can and drink plenty of water. Drop us a line in a fee days and let us know how you are doing.

    Good luck and Godspeed,

    Gary
  • littledarlin
    littledarlin Member Posts: 102
    Pop_Pop said:

    thanks
    thank you icemantoo. it is 3.6 cm. be glad when its all over.

    Good luck tomarrow
    I have not had my surgery yet and am a bit nervous too. Like you I will be glad when it is over with..There are lots and lots of people here you have had the surgery and they have all done fine..I am sure we will too.
    Wishing you the best tomarrow..
    LD
  • Pop_Pop
    Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9

    Good luck tomarrow
    I have not had my surgery yet and am a bit nervous too. Like you I will be glad when it is over with..There are lots and lots of people here you have had the surgery and they have all done fine..I am sure we will too.
    Wishing you the best tomarrow..
    LD

    Thank you
    thank you littledarlin, i am keeping a positive attitude about it all and have no doubt everything will go well.
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181

    Good luck tomarrow
    I have not had my surgery yet and am a bit nervous too. Like you I will be glad when it is over with..There are lots and lots of people here you have had the surgery and they have all done fine..I am sure we will too.
    Wishing you the best tomarrow..
    LD

    POP POP
    If my grandaughters read this they will come and cut your heart out with your kidney because they think that I am the only Pop Pop. You will do fine. With a tumor as small as yours you won't even be able to brag about your scar. There are a few of us here who wouldn't even give up our afternoon tee times if we had little buggers like that carved out. In other words, it will be over in no time. You should recover quickly and uneventfully. But good luck anyway. (and excuse my gallows humor. we do that around here)
  • Pop_Pop
    Pop_Pop Member Posts: 9
    foxhd said:

    POP POP
    If my grandaughters read this they will come and cut your heart out with your kidney because they think that I am the only Pop Pop. You will do fine. With a tumor as small as yours you won't even be able to brag about your scar. There are a few of us here who wouldn't even give up our afternoon tee times if we had little buggers like that carved out. In other words, it will be over in no time. You should recover quickly and uneventfully. But good luck anyway. (and excuse my gallows humor. we do that around here)

    :)
    thanks foxhd
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Pop_Pop said:

    :)
    thanks foxhd

    : )
    Pop_Pop --- Pop in, pop out, all done, no sweat : )
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181

    : )
    Pop_Pop --- Pop in, pop out, all done, no sweat : )

    pop pop
    ...And our humor never ceases....
  • JackieP125
    JackieP125 Member Posts: 56

    : )
    Pop_Pop --- Pop in, pop out, all done, no sweat : )

    WELCOME POP POP
    My tumor was 3cm. I am 3 months post-op and just had my first set of chest x-rays on Monday. Got my letter of clearance yesterday. Good luck with your surgery. I am sure you will do fine. Can't say much for that freakin stuff you have to drink. YUCK!! Accept you will be happy you drank it after surgery when you find that the pain meds are brutal on your bowels. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing when you get home from the hospital. Take Care.
  • Fishknees
    Fishknees Member Posts: 73

    WELCOME POP POP
    My tumor was 3cm. I am 3 months post-op and just had my first set of chest x-rays on Monday. Got my letter of clearance yesterday. Good luck with your surgery. I am sure you will do fine. Can't say much for that freakin stuff you have to drink. YUCK!! Accept you will be happy you drank it after surgery when you find that the pain meds are brutal on your bowels. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing when you get home from the hospital. Take Care.

    Welcome!
    Welcome Pop Pop:
    I am exactly one week ahead of you. I had my surgery last Friday. Partial right nephrectomy.

    I have to say I am home and doing very well.

    The day of surgery and the next day you think it will take much longer to feel good; but, by the third day you are feeling a little better.

    I came home Sunday evening after surgery Friday. I never thought that would happen.

    Good luck on your surgery. Let us know how you are doing.

    If you have any questions, please PM me. It is still very fresh in my mind.

    Good luck again.
    Hugs
    Fishie
  • ivfour
    ivfour Member Posts: 49
    Fishknees said:

    Welcome!
    Welcome Pop Pop:
    I am exactly one week ahead of you. I had my surgery last Friday. Partial right nephrectomy.

    I have to say I am home and doing very well.

    The day of surgery and the next day you think it will take much longer to feel good; but, by the third day you are feeling a little better.

    I came home Sunday evening after surgery Friday. I never thought that would happen.

    Good luck on your surgery. Let us know how you are doing.

    If you have any questions, please PM me. It is still very fresh in my mind.

    Good luck again.
    Hugs
    Fishie

    Thoughts are with you
    I read all of these posts and feel a little lucky that I didn't have much time to think about the surgery. I was injured in a motorcycle accident on a Friday and had the nephrecotmy on Tuesday. I was on havy pain meds in ICU so really didn't have to experience the anxiety before surgery. The tumor was over 10 cm and surrounded the kidney. I never thought I would be thankful for a motorcycle accident but it saved my life. Praying that you get a good night's rest.
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    ivfour said:

    Thoughts are with you
    I read all of these posts and feel a little lucky that I didn't have much time to think about the surgery. I was injured in a motorcycle accident on a Friday and had the nephrecotmy on Tuesday. I was on havy pain meds in ICU so really didn't have to experience the anxiety before surgery. The tumor was over 10 cm and surrounded the kidney. I never thought I would be thankful for a motorcycle accident but it saved my life. Praying that you get a good night's rest.

    Details
    Yet another life saved by Harley Davidson - I've lost count of the number here!

    ivfour, could you remind me of a few details that I've probably forgotten? Your tumour was large at over 10cm and you're doing wonderfully on Votrient. What was the sub-type, stage and grade? Did you have mets at dx or have you had since then? How was Votrient selected as the appropriate treatment? You've had good results with manageable side-effects - what have been the most troublesome side-effects?

    Yours is another encouraging history and I hope it continues so indefinitely!