8 weeks after opp

Boomersdad
Boomersdad Member Posts: 25
edited March 2012 in Kidney Cancer #1
Hi Guys, I just thought I would update,alot of you know, I had Full left kidney removed 6th Jan 2012 6.5 growth,I had a scan after 3 weeks and the doc says he thinks he as caught it all, Ive been back at work now for 2 weeks so actually 6 weeks off work after the opp, I do get weary by the end of my working day. Im on reduced hrs 4hrs 5hrs and then finally 7 hours per week, I find I get a lot of perspiration under arms , and a stitch in my side just below the incision cut,which is a slight worry, Still a little knumb around my belly area, But other than that I feel pretty good ,it seems it happened to some body else and not me,Ive had no word on a follow up scan yet,I just hope all you new members feel as good as i do after your opps ,Errol, in Staffordshire, UK.

Comments

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Sounds like your progressing well
    Boomersdad,

    Sounds very normal to me. May all your scans show NED.

    Cheers.


    Icemantoo
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    icemantoo said:

    Sounds like your progressing well
    Boomersdad,

    Sounds very normal to me. May all your scans show NED.

    Cheers.


    Icemantoo

    Progressing well
    Hear, hear! Good for you Erroll. Don't push yourself too hard and keep going from strength to strength.
  • Boomersdad
    Boomersdad Member Posts: 25

    Progressing well
    Hear, hear! Good for you Erroll. Don't push yourself too hard and keep going from strength to strength.

    Hi Guys , Im still getting a
    Hi Guys , Im still getting a stych pain under my incision it is very uncomfortable and get it several times aday ,anybody else suffer with this, if it contiues I think I will make a docs appointment
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

    Hi Guys , Im still getting a
    Hi Guys , Im still getting a stych pain under my incision it is very uncomfortable and get it several times aday ,anybody else suffer with this, if it contiues I think I will make a docs appointment

    Still early days
    I'm guessing this is nothing out of the ordinary Erroll - it's still early days and most of us continue to feel some discomfort for a while. As long as you've not been overdoing it badly, it's probably just an inevitable part of the healing process and you shouldn't worry about it. However, if it's troubling you a lot a word with your doc is a good idea and he can sort out the best way of coping with it more comfortably.
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181

    Still early days
    I'm guessing this is nothing out of the ordinary Erroll - it's still early days and most of us continue to feel some discomfort for a while. As long as you've not been overdoing it badly, it's probably just an inevitable part of the healing process and you shouldn't worry about it. However, if it's troubling you a lot a word with your doc is a good idea and he can sort out the best way of coping with it more comfortably.

    pain
    If one thinks about having their guts ripped open, shifted around, organ yanked out, stitched up by hand, and drugged up with stuff you can't even get on the street, would you place a bet on how long they would not feel like normal?

    It takes a while before the body adjusts to the new you. Better or for worse. But it happens. As long as you continue to move forward and not dwell on the "current" you. Improvements are inevitable.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    foxhd said:

    pain
    If one thinks about having their guts ripped open, shifted around, organ yanked out, stitched up by hand, and drugged up with stuff you can't even get on the street, would you place a bet on how long they would not feel like normal?

    It takes a while before the body adjusts to the new you. Better or for worse. But it happens. As long as you continue to move forward and not dwell on the "current" you. Improvements are inevitable.

    Sounds Normal
    Boomersdad,

    Those pains you describe sound normal to me although each of us has our own little pains.

    If you think it is something more check it out with the doctor.

    Cheers,


    Icemantoo
  • Boomersdad
    Boomersdad Member Posts: 25
    icemantoo said:

    Sounds Normal
    Boomersdad,

    Those pains you describe sound normal to me although each of us has our own little pains.

    If you think it is something more check it out with the doctor.

    Cheers,


    Icemantoo

    Cheers guys thanks for the
    Cheers guys thanks for the suppotive posts, I feel Im a real wimp moaning about small things, as long as you say it seems normal I will give it a bit more time, Best Regards Errol