Hi mates it is FRIDAY ,any interesting plan for the weekend?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
Dinner on Friday with friends . Saturday ...we will see. Sunday lunch at mum,s House.
what about you?.
«1

Comments

  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220
    Baby steps
    I have just gotten around to being able to eat again after the chemo toxicity experience after my last chemo the last two weeks.

    Instead of planning a big hurrah celebration like I had done for last weekend (before I developed the chemo toxicity), I'm planning something modest. Going to have dinner at Chili's with my father. Not going to have that margarita yet since my recovery is so tentative.

    Assuming I get through that, and still feel OK, I am going to work on the house a bit. It has gathered a lot of dust and become disorganized during 7 months of chemo when I was mostly home by myself. I haven't worried about it too much, but do plan to do a little bit each week as I feel better. Also, will have lots of cold stuff whenever I want it this weekend...maybe some ice cream or something like that.

    The daffodils are blooming and I saw a chickadee checking out the wren house in the backyard today and saw a robin on the ground too. The thought of spring after a winter on oxi is very exciting.

    K1
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Started the weekend early....
    ...took the train to Amsterdam yesterday. Spent the day walking the market, visiting a museum, shopping (shopping night...stores open till 9pm)....I LOVE Amsterdam!!!

    There is talk of eliminating the hash coffeeshops...you can still legally grow it for yourself, but not buy it in the shops...that will change the behavior of many!!!!

    The weekend will be quiet...just what I need!

    Dutch knuffels, Kathi
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    Week ends are way too short!
    My son is having his second port put in this am...then chemo. So a quiet weekend is planned. Maybe a little sliding with the grand kids, a simple dinner, movie and early bedtime.

    Hope your weekend is peaceful.
    jp
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    the weekend
    Eye doc appointment today, then a movie with my wife and 11 year old daughter. (Lorax this afternoon)

    Hopefully, a nice fish dinner tonight.

    Much meditation and prayer these next few days and looking forward to much family time and relaxation.

    March Madness is in the air, spring is around the corner.

    Oldest son heads off for spring break vacation... oh to be 20 years old again. LOL.

    cheers to everyone.

    My prayers are with you all.

    my best

    joe
  • druidshadow
    druidshadow Member Posts: 85
    hmmmm
    this weekend is my weekend after chemo i am just gonna chill and not do much the chemo really takes it out of me. john
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    k1 said:

    Baby steps
    I have just gotten around to being able to eat again after the chemo toxicity experience after my last chemo the last two weeks.

    Instead of planning a big hurrah celebration like I had done for last weekend (before I developed the chemo toxicity), I'm planning something modest. Going to have dinner at Chili's with my father. Not going to have that margarita yet since my recovery is so tentative.

    Assuming I get through that, and still feel OK, I am going to work on the house a bit. It has gathered a lot of dust and become disorganized during 7 months of chemo when I was mostly home by myself. I haven't worried about it too much, but do plan to do a little bit each week as I feel better. Also, will have lots of cold stuff whenever I want it this weekend...maybe some ice cream or something like that.

    The daffodils are blooming and I saw a chickadee checking out the wren house in the backyard today and saw a robin on the ground too. The thought of spring after a winter on oxi is very exciting.

    K1

    Hope you enjoy the weekend , the ice cream and
    Hope of a nice weather!.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    KathiM said:

    Started the weekend early....
    ...took the train to Amsterdam yesterday. Spent the day walking the market, visiting a museum, shopping (shopping night...stores open till 9pm)....I LOVE Amsterdam!!!

    There is talk of eliminating the hash coffeeshops...you can still legally grow it for yourself, but not buy it in the shops...that will change the behavior of many!!!!

    The weekend will be quiet...just what I need!

    Dutch knuffels, Kathi

    Hi kathi , Tote is insisting me with a trip to.Amsterdam!
    hope we can do it this Sumer !
    Enjoy it!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    MrsJP said:

    Week ends are way too short!
    My son is having his second port put in this am...then chemo. So a quiet weekend is planned. Maybe a little sliding with the grand kids, a simple dinner, movie and early bedtime.

    Hope your weekend is peaceful.
    jp

    Hope a peaceful weekend to you as well jp!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    joemetz said:

    the weekend
    Eye doc appointment today, then a movie with my wife and 11 year old daughter. (Lorax this afternoon)

    Hopefully, a nice fish dinner tonight.

    Much meditation and prayer these next few days and looking forward to much family time and relaxation.

    March Madness is in the air, spring is around the corner.

    Oldest son heads off for spring break vacation... oh to be 20 years old again. LOL.

    cheers to everyone.

    My prayers are with you all.

    my best

    joe

    Hope you enjoy your weekend!
    Prayers and meditation are an excellent therapy !
    Have a great weekend Joe!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331

    hmmmm
    this weekend is my weekend after chemo i am just gonna chill and not do much the chemo really takes it out of me. john

    Ok John , hope an smooth chemo weekend!
    Rest my friend!.
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324
    pepebcn said:

    Ok John , hope an smooth chemo weekend!
    Rest my friend!.

    Hi Pepe
    Just "hangin' out" at home this weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to watch some of the 60 or so DVD's piled on my coffee table. We're buying stuff at pawn shops and second hand stores to replace all the old VHS tapes, but never get around to watching them.

    Ketz, Did you ever finish that book?

    Also keeping one eye on The Weather Channel as JBG lives right in the center of the projected tornado activity. Of course, I can't change the weather any more than I can change this dam$ cancer.

    Luv,

    Wolfen
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790
    Hi Pepe
    Thanks for your post :) We are taking my a guest out to dinner tonight, and tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY so my husband is taking me to a fancy schmancy restaurant. Tomorrow afternoon though, our girls are invited to a skating party at a roller skating rink and I will join them at that endeavor. Will help me channel my early teen years, minus the leg warmers.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    wolfen said:

    Hi Pepe
    Just "hangin' out" at home this weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to watch some of the 60 or so DVD's piled on my coffee table. We're buying stuff at pawn shops and second hand stores to replace all the old VHS tapes, but never get around to watching them.

    Ketz, Did you ever finish that book?

    Also keeping one eye on The Weather Channel as JBG lives right in the center of the projected tornado activity. Of course, I can't change the weather any more than I can change this dam$ cancer.

    Luv,

    Wolfen

    Hi Wolfen!
    It happens the same at home , got plenty of new DVD,s still wrapped LOL..
    I'll pray for JBG safety!.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    tommycat said:

    Hi Pepe
    Thanks for your post :) We are taking my a guest out to dinner tonight, and tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY so my husband is taking me to a fancy schmancy restaurant. Tomorrow afternoon though, our girls are invited to a skating party at a roller skating rink and I will join them at that endeavor. Will help me channel my early teen years, minus the leg warmers.

    Congratulations Tori!
    Hope you got a busy and awesome weekend !.
    Enjoy it!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425
    pepebcn said:

    Congratulations Tori!
    Hope you got a busy and awesome weekend !.
    Enjoy it!

    Nothing exciting, nothing
    Nothing exciting, nothing planned. Happy birthday Tommycat, rollerskating, with leg warmers, just curious did you ever wear those suspenders too. Funny cause I've seen leg warmers at some of the stores around x-mas time....everything makes a comeback. I still love the look of legwarmers....gonna have to find something to do I have scans on Wed. gonna need a distraction from the anxiety, it will be six months off chemo. for this stage 1V'er.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790
    smokeyjoe said:

    Nothing exciting, nothing
    Nothing exciting, nothing planned. Happy birthday Tommycat, rollerskating, with leg warmers, just curious did you ever wear those suspenders too. Funny cause I've seen leg warmers at some of the stores around x-mas time....everything makes a comeback. I still love the look of legwarmers....gonna have to find something to do I have scans on Wed. gonna need a distraction from the anxiety, it will be six months off chemo. for this stage 1V'er.

    LOL
    No Smokey Joe, no suspenders, but I did have that awful bang known as a Rooster....teased high, hairsprayed, then bent down. When we went skating, us 7th grade girls would spend most of our time in the bathroom, working on our hair and eyeliner to get ready for "the couples skate." LOL :)
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493

    hmmmm
    this weekend is my weekend after chemo i am just gonna chill and not do much the chemo really takes it out of me. john

    Hi John

    I see you started all this Dec. 3rd. I'm only a few weeks ahead of you on this journey.
    I too had 3 days of chemo this week, and am looking forward to relaxation.

    I'm be thinking of you this weekend my friend.
    drink lots of liquids, eat a little bit at a time, as often as possible.

    Read something good and enjoy the weekend.

    my best

    Joe
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    smokeyjoe said:

    Nothing exciting, nothing
    Nothing exciting, nothing planned. Happy birthday Tommycat, rollerskating, with leg warmers, just curious did you ever wear those suspenders too. Funny cause I've seen leg warmers at some of the stores around x-mas time....everything makes a comeback. I still love the look of legwarmers....gonna have to find something to do I have scans on Wed. gonna need a distraction from the anxiety, it will be six months off chemo. for this stage 1V'er.

    distractions
    SmokeyJoe!

    good luck with the scans this Wednesday.
    I'll definately have you in my thoughts and prayers.

    I hope you are able to relax, and truly hope you get great results.

    My best to you.

    JoeMetz
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    pepebcn said:

    Hi kathi , Tote is insisting me with a trip to.Amsterdam!
    hope we can do it this Sumer !
    Enjoy it!

    I would LOVE to see you both!!!!
    Hans is leaving for Denmark next week for a week, so it was necessary to go to Amsterdam yesterday. Soon after he gets back, we will be getting ready to make the switch back to the U.S.

    But summer...THAT would be GREAT!!!! And maybe we could fit in the Floriada, as well!!!

    BIG hugs, dearheart, to both of you!!!

    Kathi (Kaatje)
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    tommycat said:

    Hi Pepe
    Thanks for your post :) We are taking my a guest out to dinner tonight, and tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY so my husband is taking me to a fancy schmancy restaurant. Tomorrow afternoon though, our girls are invited to a skating party at a roller skating rink and I will join them at that endeavor. Will help me channel my early teen years, minus the leg warmers.

    Happy Birthday TC! :-)


    Happy Birthday TC! :-)