A Must read

A man in my cancer support group gave me this book this morning at church. I think it is amazing. Outsmart your Cancer By Tanya Harter Pierce

Comments

  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Be Careful Folks
    I don't want to knock anything anyone wishes to try/explore but I looked up this book
    and it refers to "ProtoCel" which it evidently is promoting/selling?
    I have not read the book and there may be good/helpful content there.


    As early as I am in this "journey", it's becoming painfully and sadly
    apparent there are those who will take advantage of us.

    I hope we're all looking out for each other here ;).



    I found this info at the below website regarding "ProtoCel" (known
    by other names as well).


    http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/cancer.html

    PASTE:

    CanCell

    CanCell—originally called Entelev and recently renamed Cantron and Protocel—is a liquid claimed to cure cancer by "lowering the voltage of the cell structure by about 20%," causing cancer cells to "digest" and be replaced with normal cells. Accompanying directions have warned that bottles of CanCell should not be allowed to touch each other or be placed near any electrical appliance or outlet. CanCell has also been promoted for the treatment of AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, "extreme cases of emphysema and diabetes," and several other diseases. In 1989, the FDA reported that CanCell contained inositol, nitric acid, sodium sulfite, potassium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, and catechol. Subsequently, its promoters claimed to be modifying the formulation to make it more effective [11]. They have also claimed that CanCell can't be analyzed because it varies with atmospheric vibrations and keeps changing its energy [12]. Laboratory tests conducted between 1978 and 1991 by the NCI found no evidence that CanCell was effective against cancer. The FDA has obtained an injunction forbidding its distribution to patients.
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    No offense meant to you Joanie
    I meant no offense to you, Joanie but as soon as I found what I did,
    I had to share. I appreciate you sharing and looking out for us.
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    jimwins said:

    No offense meant to you Joanie
    I meant no offense to you, Joanie but as soon as I found what I did,
    I had to share. I appreciate you sharing and looking out for us.

    no offense
    No offense at all Jim. But the book talks about quite a few things including graviola which my Onc told me he could not tell me about BUT if he were me he would look up Leslie Taylor and Graviola and Rain Forest. It is illegal in many states for a medical Dr to ever reccomend anything that is not approved by the FDA. It takes approximately 700 million for a drug to go through the approval process by the FDA. I never believed this before but I do now. The pharma companies do not want to find a cure for cancer as it is a huge money maker. There are natural things that can cure many things. Now I did have regular chemo but check out the book and see what you think. Your opinions and comments are always welcome Jim:)
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    JoanieP said:

    no offense
    No offense at all Jim. But the book talks about quite a few things including graviola which my Onc told me he could not tell me about BUT if he were me he would look up Leslie Taylor and Graviola and Rain Forest. It is illegal in many states for a medical Dr to ever reccomend anything that is not approved by the FDA. It takes approximately 700 million for a drug to go through the approval process by the FDA. I never believed this before but I do now. The pharma companies do not want to find a cure for cancer as it is a huge money maker. There are natural things that can cure many things. Now I did have regular chemo but check out the book and see what you think. Your opinions and comments are always welcome Jim:)

    bought it
    thanks Joanie! I placed my order on Amazon just now. it's always good to read up on recommended material to stay informed, and to also be cautious like Jim notes. I know I'll learn something from this book and I want to keep my options open. =) Hugs Janelle
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    JoanieP said:

    no offense
    No offense at all Jim. But the book talks about quite a few things including graviola which my Onc told me he could not tell me about BUT if he were me he would look up Leslie Taylor and Graviola and Rain Forest. It is illegal in many states for a medical Dr to ever reccomend anything that is not approved by the FDA. It takes approximately 700 million for a drug to go through the approval process by the FDA. I never believed this before but I do now. The pharma companies do not want to find a cure for cancer as it is a huge money maker. There are natural things that can cure many things. Now I did have regular chemo but check out the book and see what you think. Your opinions and comments are always welcome Jim:)

    supplements
    I recently asked my long term effects specialist about resveratrol for lowering my LDL cholesterol. He led me to this website: http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69245.cfm (I know some may think the web site is one sided based on the sponsors). I found it to give both pros and cons for natural remedies. I found that resveratrol is not for me because I have been dx'd w/IDC, estrogen+ Breast Cancer (from radiation tx's for the HL).

    Looking up Graviola, I found an interesting possible side effect.

    It seems as in FDA approved drugs and for natural supplements, there are some effects that may make the drug/supplement dangerous for some to take. Nothing is ever easy, is it?

    Cathy
    HL 1989, 1994
    IDC 2008
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    cathyp said:

    supplements
    I recently asked my long term effects specialist about resveratrol for lowering my LDL cholesterol. He led me to this website: http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69245.cfm (I know some may think the web site is one sided based on the sponsors). I found it to give both pros and cons for natural remedies. I found that resveratrol is not for me because I have been dx'd w/IDC, estrogen+ Breast Cancer (from radiation tx's for the HL).

    Looking up Graviola, I found an interesting possible side effect.

    It seems as in FDA approved drugs and for natural supplements, there are some effects that may make the drug/supplement dangerous for some to take. Nothing is ever easy, is it?

    Cathy
    HL 1989, 1994
    IDC 2008

    Thanks
    Hi Cathy, What side effect did you find? I met someone who had been taking it three years and he had cancer that could not be operated on then and now is cancer free. I would take it if nothing else was working I think.
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

    bought it
    thanks Joanie! I placed my order on Amazon just now. it's always good to read up on recommended material to stay informed, and to also be cautious like Jim notes. I know I'll learn something from this book and I want to keep my options open. =) Hugs Janelle

    Let me know
    Hi Janelle,
    Let me know what you found out after reading it. It is a large book:)
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    JoanieP said:

    Thanks
    Hi Cathy, What side effect did you find? I met someone who had been taking it three years and he had cancer that could not be operated on then and now is cancer free. I would take it if nothing else was working I think.

    potential side effect
    Graviola may cause movement disorders and myeloneuropathy with symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease.

    That is fantastic about your friend. I'm sure he wouldn't be too concerned about the side effect mentioned considering the alternative. I think I would have to try it too if nothing is working.
  • larryvon
    larryvon Member Posts: 1
    JoanieP said:

    Thanks
    Hi Cathy, What side effect did you find? I met someone who had been taking it three years and he had cancer that could not be operated on then and now is cancer free. I would take it if nothing else was working I think.

    WHAT BRAND OF GRAVIOLA AND HOW MUCH PER DAY?
    you said,
    Hi Cathy, What side effect did you find? I met someone who had been taking it three years and he had cancer that could not be operated on then and now is cancer free. I would take it if nothing else was working I think.

    what brand of graviola was your friend taking, and how much per day? what other alternatives was he taking as well?
  • Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,721 Member
    jimwins said:

    Be Careful Folks
    I don't want to knock anything anyone wishes to try/explore but I looked up this book
    and it refers to "ProtoCel" which it evidently is promoting/selling?
    I have not read the book and there may be good/helpful content there.


    As early as I am in this "journey", it's becoming painfully and sadly
    apparent there are those who will take advantage of us.

    I hope we're all looking out for each other here ;).



    I found this info at the below website regarding "ProtoCel" (known
    by other names as well).


    http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/cancer.html

    PASTE:

    CanCell

    CanCell—originally called Entelev and recently renamed Cantron and Protocel—is a liquid claimed to cure cancer by "lowering the voltage of the cell structure by about 20%," causing cancer cells to "digest" and be replaced with normal cells. Accompanying directions have warned that bottles of CanCell should not be allowed to touch each other or be placed near any electrical appliance or outlet. CanCell has also been promoted for the treatment of AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, "extreme cases of emphysema and diabetes," and several other diseases. In 1989, the FDA reported that CanCell contained inositol, nitric acid, sodium sulfite, potassium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, and catechol. Subsequently, its promoters claimed to be modifying the formulation to make it more effective [11]. They have also claimed that CanCell can't be analyzed because it varies with atmospheric vibrations and keeps changing its energy [12]. Laboratory tests conducted between 1978 and 1991 by the NCI found no evidence that CanCell was effective against cancer. The FDA has obtained an injunction forbidding its distribution to patients.

    Charmer

    Flat-earther snake oil, it sounds to me.

    Or "Susan Sommers as Oncologist."

    (You may have seenher advertisments for her book.)

    max