Happy Anniversary to me!

Yep...today is my 1 year anniversary of when I joined this wonderful group. Thank you John for being the first responder, and thank you "ALL" for the continuous love and support you have given to me. I'll celebrate about anything these days,(ha!) so I figured this was just another one of those special moments to remember since being diagnosed with this nasty cancer last June. Might even have a small party for myself today...ha!...why not!
Love you all...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Comments

  • bohogirl
    bohogirl Member Posts: 11
    Hi!!
    Hi Sue. Thanks so much for your responses to my posts. Just trying to figure out what's up with my body. I'm so sick of my doctors continually prescribing large doses of prednisone for my inflammation and lung issues. I just finished two weeks, and my Doc turned around and prescribed me more when I saw her yesterday. I was prednisone dependent for 13 years, and I refuse to go back there again. Nasty drug, with horrible side effects. Thanks for being such a positive and beautiful soul. Jackie
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    bohogirl said:

    Hi!!
    Hi Sue. Thanks so much for your responses to my posts. Just trying to figure out what's up with my body. I'm so sick of my doctors continually prescribing large doses of prednisone for my inflammation and lung issues. I just finished two weeks, and my Doc turned around and prescribed me more when I saw her yesterday. I was prednisone dependent for 13 years, and I refuse to go back there again. Nasty drug, with horrible side effects. Thanks for being such a positive and beautiful soul. Jackie

    Yucky pred!
    Hey Jackie,
    Oh boy..me and the nasty pred are not friends. However, I do know that it is the best drug used when one is dealing with bronchitis, or lung inflamation problems. I had to take a small dose of pred in 2009 for a minor bout with bronchitis. I think I started out with a 25 mg dose and tapered down over a two week period along with a prescription of antibiotics. Never used prednisone again until August 2010 when I started my first round of chemo. My Onc told me without the prednisone in the chemo protocols, our organs would swell and we would have extreme pain and discomfort...sooo..I guess the trade off makes it worth taking. I'm so sorry you have to take more of it. I hope you have discussed your concerns with your doctor. I'm not sure if there is another steroid to take, but you might want to ask your doctor if there is. Hang in there, and believe me...I feel your pain. Nasty, nasty pred!..Love...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • cooky38
    cooky38 Member Posts: 29
    allmost60 said:

    Yucky pred!
    Hey Jackie,
    Oh boy..me and the nasty pred are not friends. However, I do know that it is the best drug used when one is dealing with bronchitis, or lung inflamation problems. I had to take a small dose of pred in 2009 for a minor bout with bronchitis. I think I started out with a 25 mg dose and tapered down over a two week period along with a prescription of antibiotics. Never used prednisone again until August 2010 when I started my first round of chemo. My Onc told me without the prednisone in the chemo protocols, our organs would swell and we would have extreme pain and discomfort...sooo..I guess the trade off makes it worth taking. I'm so sorry you have to take more of it. I hope you have discussed your concerns with your doctor. I'm not sure if there is another steroid to take, but you might want to ask your doctor if there is. Hang in there, and believe me...I feel your pain. Nasty, nasty pred!..Love...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    HAPPY ANNIVERSRY
    Beatiful baby girl, thank you for being there. blessings denise
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    cooky38 said:

    HAPPY ANNIVERSRY
    Beatiful baby girl, thank you for being there. blessings denise

    We think so
    Hi Denise,
    Thanks, we sure think she's a doll. She keeps changing every week and is now smiling and making all kinds of darling facial expressions. She has made gramma very happy and I just love my time with her. You have a good weekend...Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401
    allmost60 said:

    We think so
    Hi Denise,
    Thanks, we sure think she's a doll. She keeps changing every week and is now smiling and making all kinds of darling facial expressions. She has made gramma very happy and I just love my time with her. You have a good weekend...Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Happy Anniversary to you!!!
    Sue,
    I can't remember the exact day I found this group. I was too messed up to remember the day,but it was a life saver. I remember the first person that reponded to me as well. MERRYWINNER.So enjoy your special day and before you know it you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary here. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10) Remission
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    COBRA666 said:

    Happy Anniversary to you!!!
    Sue,
    I can't remember the exact day I found this group. I was too messed up to remember the day,but it was a life saver. I remember the first person that reponded to me as well. MERRYWINNER.So enjoy your special day and before you know it you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary here. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10) Remission

    May/31/.2010
    Hi John,
    On your "about me" page it shows the date you joined CSN. Yours says May/31/2010. Hopefully in 20 years we will "ALL" be here asking each other..."whats up peeps?" ha! Have a good weekend. Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401
    allmost60 said:

    May/31/.2010
    Hi John,
    On your "about me" page it shows the date you joined CSN. Yours says May/31/2010. Hopefully in 20 years we will "ALL" be here asking each other..."whats up peeps?" ha! Have a good weekend. Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Damn!!!!
    I forgot all about checking my "about me" page. I know,"CHEMO BRAIN" LOL
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Dear Sue
    Dearest Sue,

    I am sorry you have to celebrate a one year anniversary. Since it is what it is, I am so
    glad you joined our group. I myself never thought of my anniversary date, but since you posted yours, here is mine. I was DX in Sept 2009 with marginal B cell, stage 1, low grade
    NHL. My sub-type is "Extranodal marginal zone B cell NHL. I was only treated with Rituxan,
    once weekly for 4 weeks. As you can see, my anniversary date will be 2 years in Sept 2011.
    My oncologist informed me I am in remission as of Jan 2011.

    Yes, Sue, I agree. I have met the most wonderful people on this site. The first people to
    reply to my first post was you, Vinnie, and John.

    Thank you all who I have not mentioned. Love Maggie
  • TJ74
    TJ74 Member Posts: 18
    Anniversary
    Hi,

    I just joined this site yesterday. Thought I'd reply to an anniversary. I just had my 20 year anniversary for being cancer free this July 4th. My final treatment was a bone marrow transplant. Back then there wasn't any of this kind of support around, so it was just me and my mom to figure life out after cancer/transplant. I'd like to be apart of a support system as I still live with the effects of the treatment and know one gets it. It has been a very lonely road and I would love to be able to talk with some people who can understand as the only two people I knew who had a transplant aren't here anymore.

    TJ
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    TJ74 said:

    Anniversary
    Hi,

    I just joined this site yesterday. Thought I'd reply to an anniversary. I just had my 20 year anniversary for being cancer free this July 4th. My final treatment was a bone marrow transplant. Back then there wasn't any of this kind of support around, so it was just me and my mom to figure life out after cancer/transplant. I'd like to be apart of a support system as I still live with the effects of the treatment and know one gets it. It has been a very lonely road and I would love to be able to talk with some people who can understand as the only two people I knew who had a transplant aren't here anymore.

    TJ

    Welcome...
    Hi TJ,
    I'm sorry about your long term side effects. Wow...20 years is awesome to be cancer free though. You have found a great group of people to give you support, and if you keep coming back, you won't ever have to feel like you are fighting this on your own again. I read your "about me" page and it's sad you didn't have a support group before now. Take care and hope to hear from you often. Sue (FNHL-grade2-stage3-typeA)..stable.
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    TJ74 said:

    Anniversary
    Hi,

    I just joined this site yesterday. Thought I'd reply to an anniversary. I just had my 20 year anniversary for being cancer free this July 4th. My final treatment was a bone marrow transplant. Back then there wasn't any of this kind of support around, so it was just me and my mom to figure life out after cancer/transplant. I'd like to be apart of a support system as I still live with the effects of the treatment and know one gets it. It has been a very lonely road and I would love to be able to talk with some people who can understand as the only two people I knew who had a transplant aren't here anymore.

    TJ

    Welcome TJ
    I recently joined this site and I'm finding it helpful.

    Welcome and you are not alone. :)
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Hi Sue!
    Glad to have known you for a year. Mary
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    COBRA666 said:

    Happy Anniversary to you!!!
    Sue,
    I can't remember the exact day I found this group. I was too messed up to remember the day,but it was a life saver. I remember the first person that reponded to me as well. MERRYWINNER.So enjoy your special day and before you know it you will be celebrating your 20th anniversary here. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10) Remission

    Awwww!!!!
    Thanks for remembering me John. So much has happened to us all that it seems like a much longer time. But the main thing is we SURVIVED to tell about it and we'll help each other survive another year and repeat...............!! Mary
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043

    Hi Sue!
    Glad to have known you for a year. Mary

    Anniversary
    Happy anniversary Sweetie!!
  • TJ74
    TJ74 Member Posts: 18
    allmost60 said:

    Welcome...
    Hi TJ,
    I'm sorry about your long term side effects. Wow...20 years is awesome to be cancer free though. You have found a great group of people to give you support, and if you keep coming back, you won't ever have to feel like you are fighting this on your own again. I read your "about me" page and it's sad you didn't have a support group before now. Take care and hope to hear from you often. Sue (FNHL-grade2-stage3-typeA)..stable.

    Meeting fellow inmates ha-ha
    Thanks for the hope. Having no support for going through cancer and a bone marrow transplant drove me into isolation for a long time. Life can kinda get distorted when your all alone for along time. Just look at inmates who have been in isolation for a long time... some have gone insane lol. I have longed for so long, to have people that can relate to me, even a little. I'm looking forward to reading about others here and meeting people with similar experiences.