SCLC REMISSION but now new spots

chad76
chad76 Member Posts: 52
edited May 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
My wife had a ct yesterday and the doctor called this morning and said that her lung looks great but they now see 3 spots in her liver and a spot on her bone in her back....has anyone had this happen and not been sclc? Her last chemo was last year in July...I'm hoping and praying that this could just be something else...if it is sclc again I hope that they can treat it and stop it! Any thoughts and experiences with this would be greatly appreciated!
«1

Comments

  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member
    Chad
    Hello, I am glad your wife shows no sclc in the lungs. As far as the other spots I am not familiar with sclc, as I had nsclc and don't know what the other spots could be. I visit the Inspire lung cancer web site, and there are survivors there that might be able to help with your question. I am praying that its just inflammation and it will go away. I wish you and your wife well. Lori
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    z said:

    Chad
    Hello, I am glad your wife shows no sclc in the lungs. As far as the other spots I am not familiar with sclc, as I had nsclc and don't know what the other spots could be. I visit the Inspire lung cancer web site, and there are survivors there that might be able to help with your question. I am praying that its just inflammation and it will go away. I wish you and your wife well. Lori

    thank you
    I will look at that web site...thank you for your prayers! Things have been good for the last several months and now its back to worrying again!
  • deltafun
    deltafun Member Posts: 50
    chad76 said:

    thank you
    I will look at that web site...thank you for your prayers! Things have been good for the last several months and now its back to worrying again!

    Website
    Z how do I find the website that you were talking about?
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member
    deltafun said:

    Website
    Z how do I find the website that you were talking about?

    deltafun
    You may google it and it will come up. Type in Inspire and then go to the site. There are many health topics to choose from. I know that I like to go there because it has all the stages of lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. Lots of survivors with experience strength and hope. Lori
  • deltafun
    deltafun Member Posts: 50
    z said:

    deltafun
    You may google it and it will come up. Type in Inspire and then go to the site. There are many health topics to choose from. I know that I like to go there because it has all the stages of lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. Lots of survivors with experience strength and hope. Lori

    Website
    Thanks Z I wil try that.

    Frank
  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    Chad, sending prayers your
    Chad, sending prayers your way. May these "spots" be something that can be treatable and may your lovely wife continue to beat the beast! Everyday is another day that she has "won". Take care.

    Lucy
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505

    Chad, sending prayers your
    Chad, sending prayers your way. May these "spots" be something that can be treatable and may your lovely wife continue to beat the beast! Everyday is another day that she has "won". Take care.

    Lucy

    ditto
    Ditto from me, Chad...
    Medi
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52

    Chad, sending prayers your
    Chad, sending prayers your way. May these "spots" be something that can be treatable and may your lovely wife continue to beat the beast! Everyday is another day that she has "won". Take care.

    Lucy

    thanks
    Thank you Lucy and Medi! She goes tomorrow for a bone scan and full body mri and then on Tuesday they are doing a liver biopsy...I'm hoping and praying that things come back negative!
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member
    chad76 said:

    thanks
    Thank you Lucy and Medi! She goes tomorrow for a bone scan and full body mri and then on Tuesday they are doing a liver biopsy...I'm hoping and praying that things come back negative!

    chad
    I will also be praying that everything comes back negative and its just the ebb and flow of life and aging, as we all get different spots on the outside of our body, so why whould'nt we get them on the inside. I pray for you and your wife. Lori
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    z said:

    chad
    I will also be praying that everything comes back negative and its just the ebb and flow of life and aging, as we all get different spots on the outside of our body, so why whould'nt we get them on the inside. I pray for you and your wife. Lori

    thanks
    Thank you Lori! We need all the prayers that we can get!
  • bradygirl
    bradygirl Member Posts: 31
    chad76 said:

    thanks
    Thank you Lori! We need all the prayers that we can get!

    Tests
    Will keep prayers and positive thoughts going your way MaryAnn
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    bradygirl said:

    Tests
    Will keep prayers and positive thoughts going your way MaryAnn

    thank you
    Thank you MaryAnn!
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    chad76 said:

    thank you
    Thank you MaryAnn!

    biopsy
    Linda had her liver biopsy today and is now home and doing ok.....we are still waiting for the results of her bone scan and mri!
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    chad76 said:

    biopsy
    Linda had her liver biopsy today and is now home and doing ok.....we are still waiting for the results of her bone scan and mri!

    prayers
    Please keep her in your prayers!.....thank you!
  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    chad76 said:

    prayers
    Please keep her in your prayers!.....thank you!

    Always...
    Keeping you both in my prayers. May God keep you wrapped in His loving arms.

    Lucy
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52

    Always...
    Keeping you both in my prayers. May God keep you wrapped in His loving arms.

    Lucy

    Thank you so much Lucy!

    Thank you so much Lucy!
  • karenbeth
    karenbeth Member Posts: 194
    chad76 said:

    prayers
    Please keep her in your prayers!.....thank you!

    positive thoughts
    ...and wishes for good results on the tests.

    Karen
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    karenbeth said:

    positive thoughts
    ...and wishes for good results on the tests.

    Karen

    thanks
    Thank you Karen! I called for her results yesterday and the nurse said that the doctor was going over the scans with the radiologist and wants to see us on this Friday instead of next Wednesday so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not!
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    chad76 said:

    thanks
    Thank you Karen! I called for her results yesterday and the nurse said that the doctor was going over the scans with the radiologist and wants to see us on this Friday instead of next Wednesday so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not!

    got the results
    We got the results today.....Lindas cancer is back....they found it in her liver,hip area and in the vertebrae in the back of her neck.... we ate both just lost right now! Doctors are starting radiation on Monday and chemo on June 13th....just praying that it works for her!
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member
    chad76 said:

    got the results
    We got the results today.....Lindas cancer is back....they found it in her liver,hip area and in the vertebrae in the back of her neck.... we ate both just lost right now! Doctors are starting radiation on Monday and chemo on June 13th....just praying that it works for her!

    Chad
    Chad I'm so sorry for the results. Now it worked once for the lungs and its not back in the lungs, so it should work again for the other spots. I will have you and your wife in my prayers. Lori