May I ask what happened to Pete 42 lost at seas "Tea" post that ended up with apricot kernels and i

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
Would simply like to know where it went or went awry ?
«1

Comments

  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Missing!
    you right!
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965
    Me too Buzz
    Thanks for asking!!!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    scouty said:

    Me too Buzz
    Thanks for asking!!!

    Shall we wait to ask him until comes back from his holidays!
    Black hands?LOL!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    It may be

    Just guessing...

    It may be that the post was removed because Laetrile which is the extract from apricot seeds is not legal in the US, but apparently is in Mexico and Canada. That is the treatment Steve McQueen did in Mexico for his cancer. The treatment failed.

    Apricot seeds also contain cyanide which is lethal.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625
    Hmmm... I wonder if it was pulled
    I know there's controversy over the apricot seeds. I've done lots of reading on both sides of opinions on this. The proponents of eating or grinding up bitter apricot seeds claim that the laetrile/cyanide in the seeds is not actually toxic at those doses like some claim & that it isn't harmful to healthy cells, just the cancer cells & they go on to state all the people who have taken them with no negative side effects but with helpful effects to getting rid of tumors. The claim is they're only illegal because no money can be made off them. I read about some Sloan Kettering study that had good results & the claim was that they kept tweaking the way the study was done numerous times until they came up with bad results and then declared it dangerous. Then there's the other side who says they are dangerous and they site people who had negative effects from it and that there's no proof that it does anything against cancer.
    I guess that's the way it is with many natural supplements and treatments- you read oppositive viewpoints and you don't know what to think.
    Myself, well after reading lots and lots, I actually went ahead and ordered a 1 lb bag of apricot seeds, also called apricot kernals. Yes, I'm going to venture forth and try taking them. I'll let you know...(and yes I will discuss it with my oncologist).
    I am ordering and getting them from an internet source in northern california and was told they are not actually illegal. If they were to call it laetrile treatment, then it would be outlawed, but when selling them as apricot kernals and as a "food", it supposedly is still legal.
    I don't know what to think, but I guess desperate people do desperate things. The chemo hasn't been doing it for me, so I ventured out to a naturopathic dr. Didn't drop the chemo, but am doing both kinds of treatments together. Now, I'm going to add the apricot kernals.

    Lisa
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332
    lisa42 said:

    Hmmm... I wonder if it was pulled
    I know there's controversy over the apricot seeds. I've done lots of reading on both sides of opinions on this. The proponents of eating or grinding up bitter apricot seeds claim that the laetrile/cyanide in the seeds is not actually toxic at those doses like some claim & that it isn't harmful to healthy cells, just the cancer cells & they go on to state all the people who have taken them with no negative side effects but with helpful effects to getting rid of tumors. The claim is they're only illegal because no money can be made off them. I read about some Sloan Kettering study that had good results & the claim was that they kept tweaking the way the study was done numerous times until they came up with bad results and then declared it dangerous. Then there's the other side who says they are dangerous and they site people who had negative effects from it and that there's no proof that it does anything against cancer.
    I guess that's the way it is with many natural supplements and treatments- you read oppositive viewpoints and you don't know what to think.
    Myself, well after reading lots and lots, I actually went ahead and ordered a 1 lb bag of apricot seeds, also called apricot kernals. Yes, I'm going to venture forth and try taking them. I'll let you know...(and yes I will discuss it with my oncologist).
    I am ordering and getting them from an internet source in northern california and was told they are not actually illegal. If they were to call it laetrile treatment, then it would be outlawed, but when selling them as apricot kernals and as a "food", it supposedly is still legal.
    I don't know what to think, but I guess desperate people do desperate things. The chemo hasn't been doing it for me, so I ventured out to a naturopathic dr. Didn't drop the chemo, but am doing both kinds of treatments together. Now, I'm going to add the apricot kernals.

    Lisa

    Rumplestilskin
    We may need to assign some sort of code-word to use when discussing this issue if they're deleting posts...

    Just sayin'
    Janine
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965

    Rumplestilskin
    We may need to assign some sort of code-word to use when discussing this issue if they're deleting posts...

    Just sayin'
    Janine

    Sure makes you wonder
    The only way CSN workers would probably notice anything about it since it was embedded within a post and it's over a weekend is because someone flagged it.

    I'd like to know why someone thought it was so bad they flagged it.

    I think the code word is apricot kernels and we should avoid the "L" word unless we are talking about lesbians!

    I personally know 2 guys that have had great success with apricot kernels as they fought prostate cancer. Both have been cancer free for years.

    Let's see how long before our mystery flagger does his/her thing!

    Lisa P.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    scouty said:

    Sure makes you wonder
    The only way CSN workers would probably notice anything about it since it was embedded within a post and it's over a weekend is because someone flagged it.

    I'd like to know why someone thought it was so bad they flagged it.

    I think the code word is apricot kernels and we should avoid the "L" word unless we are talking about lesbians!

    I personally know 2 guys that have had great success with apricot kernels as they fought prostate cancer. Both have been cancer free for years.

    Let's see how long before our mystery flagger does his/her thing!

    Lisa P.

    Hmmm
    I know of 2 guys who had some success with some lesbians too!
    No one switched teams but a good time was had by all
    ;-)

    See what happens when I take a break from here, everything goes to hell...
    Was this a current post or something from long ago (and far away). I do remember a while ago (4-5 months?) when that topic came up and got nasty, as they sometimes do, then it got pulled when the name calling started.

    OK, time to go again.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625
    PhillieG said:

    Hmmm
    I know of 2 guys who had some success with some lesbians too!
    No one switched teams but a good time was had by all
    ;-)

    See what happens when I take a break from here, everything goes to hell...
    Was this a current post or something from long ago (and far away). I do remember a while ago (4-5 months?) when that topic came up and got nasty, as they sometimes do, then it got pulled when the name calling started.

    OK, time to go again.

    no, this was different
    This was a different and more recent post & there was no name calling. Pete just shared the ingredients to those who were interested in his traditional chinese medicine tea that his naturopathic has him taking. I don't think there were any problems & Pete even said something like he wasn't trying to convince anyone on this thread, but was just posting what was in his tea for those who were interested because I guess someone asked him about what was in the tea. Don't know anything more than that about why it disappeared!
    Moving on... :)
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258
    PhillieG said:

    Hmmm
    I know of 2 guys who had some success with some lesbians too!
    No one switched teams but a good time was had by all
    ;-)

    See what happens when I take a break from here, everything goes to hell...
    Was this a current post or something from long ago (and far away). I do remember a while ago (4-5 months?) when that topic came up and got nasty, as they sometimes do, then it got pulled when the name calling started.

    OK, time to go again.

    Phil
    HA!

    Maybe the anti-tea league threatened Pete's family with cyanide and made him delete it! :-{)

    Did a search for Laetrile, and for apricot seeds. Plenty of threads on both.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Buckwirth said:

    Phil
    HA!

    Maybe the anti-tea league threatened Pete's family with cyanide and made him delete it! :-{)

    Did a search for Laetrile, and for apricot seeds. Plenty of threads on both.

    Most likely it was because of the "L" word...
    Guess we'll find out tomorrow but as it was it was interesting and I was the one that copied and pasted that into a post so the "L" word was in there....
    and yes Lisa42, apple seeds by themselves are cyanide as why they are bitter, but not to the limit that eating them alone might kill someone, hopefully no one tries that. But, the apple itself is sweet enough to ward off most of the bitter taste if a seed is bitten into. I also read the same report done at Sloan-Kettering and it seems odd that so much was discovered and then determined that "we won't go there any longer"....kinda makes me wonder, does it you ?
    Now, if its watermelon seeds that will cure cancer then I should have been free a long time ago. We use to swallow them on a dare to see if yes indeed watermelon plants would grow out of your ears......Thats what they use to tell us...Well. they don't, they just make ya goofy, Im living proof of that..........buzz
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258
    Buzzard said:

    Most likely it was because of the "L" word...
    Guess we'll find out tomorrow but as it was it was interesting and I was the one that copied and pasted that into a post so the "L" word was in there....
    and yes Lisa42, apple seeds by themselves are cyanide as why they are bitter, but not to the limit that eating them alone might kill someone, hopefully no one tries that. But, the apple itself is sweet enough to ward off most of the bitter taste if a seed is bitten into. I also read the same report done at Sloan-Kettering and it seems odd that so much was discovered and then determined that "we won't go there any longer"....kinda makes me wonder, does it you ?
    Now, if its watermelon seeds that will cure cancer then I should have been free a long time ago. We use to swallow them on a dare to see if yes indeed watermelon plants would grow out of your ears......Thats what they use to tell us...Well. they don't, they just make ya goofy, Im living proof of that..........buzz

    Laetrile
    See I said it.

    If that was it there would not be five pages mentioning it, going all the way back to 2001.

    Maybe tomorrow they will all mysteriously disappear? :-0

    Or, maybe I will meet a couple of that other L word and have some fun! (not going to happen, my lifespan would be less than 24 hours if it did!)
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625
    PhillieG said:
    nope, still a different one
    That was still a different post.
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    The case of the missing post--I'm the culprit.
    I know many of you may have found the discussion stimulating (as I did). To set the record straight, there isn't a list of words or drugs that are forbidden on CSN (except profanity). So laetrile was not the issue.

    Lately, some of the information sharing has been drifting on to the slippery slope of advice-giving (despite disclaimers and encouragement to speak to your physician). I'm not able to read all posts myself so there are likely many that fall into this category that have not been deleted. It is also difficult to always determine at what point something crosses the line into advice giving. Sometimes I may err by deleting a post and sometimes I may err by not deleting a post.

    In this particular case, I determined it crossed the line.

    Best,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    greta said:

    The case of the missing post--I'm the culprit.
    I know many of you may have found the discussion stimulating (as I did). To set the record straight, there isn't a list of words or drugs that are forbidden on CSN (except profanity). So laetrile was not the issue.

    Lately, some of the information sharing has been drifting on to the slippery slope of advice-giving (despite disclaimers and encouragement to speak to your physician). I'm not able to read all posts myself so there are likely many that fall into this category that have not been deleted. It is also difficult to always determine at what point something crosses the line into advice giving. Sometimes I may err by deleting a post and sometimes I may err by not deleting a post.

    In this particular case, I determined it crossed the line.

    Best,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff

    Greta
    Thanks for solving the mystery!
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    greta said:

    The case of the missing post--I'm the culprit.
    I know many of you may have found the discussion stimulating (as I did). To set the record straight, there isn't a list of words or drugs that are forbidden on CSN (except profanity). So laetrile was not the issue.

    Lately, some of the information sharing has been drifting on to the slippery slope of advice-giving (despite disclaimers and encouragement to speak to your physician). I'm not able to read all posts myself so there are likely many that fall into this category that have not been deleted. It is also difficult to always determine at what point something crosses the line into advice giving. Sometimes I may err by deleting a post and sometimes I may err by not deleting a post.

    In this particular case, I determined it crossed the line.

    Best,
    Greta
    Your CSN staff

    Hmmm
    I thought it had to do with the "Tea Party" or something...
    Talk about deadly slippery slopes!
    ;-)
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965
    Buckwirth said:

    Laetrile
    See I said it.

    If that was it there would not be five pages mentioning it, going all the way back to 2001.

    Maybe tomorrow they will all mysteriously disappear? :-0

    Or, maybe I will meet a couple of that other L word and have some fun! (not going to happen, my lifespan would be less than 24 hours if it did!)

    Not gonna happen reason #2
    Cuz lesbians don't sleep with men anyway!

    Bisexuals do...........

    But I guess anything is possible in fantasyland.
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258
    scouty said:

    Not gonna happen reason #2
    Cuz lesbians don't sleep with men anyway!

    Bisexuals do...........

    But I guess anything is possible in fantasyland.

    Fantasy
    Is a wonderful thing. Too bad reality keeps getting in the way.

    ;)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    PhillieG said:

    Hmmm
    I thought it had to do with the "Tea Party" or something...
    Talk about deadly slippery slopes!
    ;-)

    Hahaha!
    hahaha!