CSN Login
Members Online: 3

You are here


cb girl's picture
cb girl
Posts: 56
Joined: May 2010

After waiting for nine days for my husband's air leak to resolve on it's own the surgeon has decided we need to go in and fix it. The initial surgery was March 25th and we've been here ever since. The leak has not improved and may have gotten bigger, at least from what they gather from the bubbling drains. Sometime tomorrow will be the surgery-he was added on to the schedule so no telling what time. It is possible that he will have to remain on the ventilator after surgery and that scares the living you know what out of me. The surgery is about 2hrs, but my husband hasn't followed any of the time lines they've given him so far, so I figure 4 hrs :-) what can I expect if he does come out of surgery with a ventilator? I haven't felt this kind of afraid since this entire misadventure started a year ago. Any and all words of encouragement are needed. Thanks

catcon49's picture
Posts: 398
Joined: Aug 2008

Sorry I can't really answer any of your questons but I just want you to know I will be thinking and praying for you. Best of luck

luz del lago's picture
luz del lago
Posts: 452
Joined: Jul 2010

Sending a hug and prayers your way.


Subscribe to Comments for "SURGERY for AIR LEAK"