Songs

Anelkin
Anelkin Member Posts: 3
Good Afternoon! I am working with my local Relay for Life, and I am one of the chair's for the Survivor events that will be taking place. I would encourage anyone to attend their local Relay for Life event. My family has been touched multiple times with cancer, and RFL has been a great way for us to Celebrate, Remember, and Fight Back. During the relay we are doing a Surivor Lap (where all the survivor's that are present will walk a lap by themselves while everyone cheers them on) and we will be doing a caregiver lap (where the caregivers join the survivors to walk a lap). I am trying to put together songs for each of these laps, but I am having a hard time coming up with enough songs to fill the time that it will take to walk each lap. Does anyone have suggestions for either?

Comments

  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505
    try this one
    Lean on Me.
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    medi_2 said:

    try this one
    Lean on Me.

    Melissa Ethridge I Run for
    Melissa Ethridge I Run for Life.

    She wrote this following her battle with breast cancer.
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    hope0310 said:

    Melissa Ethridge I Run for
    Melissa Ethridge I Run for Life.

    She wrote this following her battle with breast cancer.

    One More....
    Dinah Washington . What a difference a day makes....


    I lost my mom to SCLC in September, shortly into her treatment, she told me to look this song up and think if her.
  • congoody
    congoody Member Posts: 73
    hope0310 said:

    One More....
    Dinah Washington . What a difference a day makes....


    I lost my mom to SCLC in September, shortly into her treatment, she told me to look this song up and think if her.

    Victorious Music
    The Theme from Chariots of Fire.
  • mmt366
    mmt366 Member Posts: 41
    song suggestion for relay of life
    My wife is a Stage IV NSCLC patient and she recently put together a CD of her favorite songs, Walk of Life buy Dire Straits was the first one she added.

    mmt
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650
    mmt366 said:

    song suggestion for relay of life
    My wife is a Stage IV NSCLC patient and she recently put together a CD of her favorite songs, Walk of Life buy Dire Straits was the first one she added.

    mmt

    Good suggestion!
    Oh yeah! Knopfler is king!
  • mmt366
    mmt366 Member Posts: 41

    Good suggestion!
    Oh yeah! Knopfler is king!

    Songs
    Makes her smile everytime she hears it, so it has become my favorite too!
  • pkaz53
    pkaz53 Member Posts: 84
    mmt366 said:

    Songs
    Makes her smile everytime she hears it, so it has become my favorite too!

    Suggestion
    I always get amped up listening to the theme from "Rocky"