1 YEAR PSA TEST

randy_in_indy
randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Brothers, I continue to be a member of the ZERO CLUB. IT was my 1 year and about a month test and came back Non-Detectable...YES! So glad I made the decision I did on my surgery. All is well and now after a cortizone injection into my arthritic hip I find great relief and the ability to walk nearly normal again.

It's been a while since I last posted. I hope all my brothers are doing well and beating the beast well into the ground where it belongs, never to rise again. My freind Jesse also returned a Zero on his test last week!

Randy in Indy

Comments

  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Great News
    Randy, great to hear from you and that terrific news about your PSA. So happy that this is working well for you. And thanks for keeping in touch.

    Best,

    K
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    Kongo said:

    Great News
    Randy, great to hear from you and that terrific news about your PSA. So happy that this is working well for you. And thanks for keeping in touch.

    Best,

    K

    Dang!
    You have over taken my number of posts! I guess I better get back here for a while and try to catch BD...I just saw a post about some rad for BD..whats up with that...here I go digging....

    I truely feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo LUCKY...soooooooooooo soooooooooooooo LUCKY!!!

    I trust you are cancer free with your cyberknife!! That's great!

    Best to all

    Randy
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member

    Dang!
    You have over taken my number of posts! I guess I better get back here for a while and try to catch BD...I just saw a post about some rad for BD..whats up with that...here I go digging....

    I truely feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo LUCKY...soooooooooooo soooooooooooooo LUCKY!!!

    I trust you are cancer free with your cyberknife!! That's great!

    Best to all

    Randy

    39,000 Feet
    I'm at 39,000 feet a couple of states south of you right now. Post CyberKnife is very good. Take care.

    K
  • mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    Kongo said:

    39,000 Feet
    I'm at 39,000 feet a couple of states south of you right now. Post CyberKnife is very good. Take care.

    K

    randy
    Well done...hope all continues to go well for you.
    mrs pjd
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    Kongo said:

    39,000 Feet
    I'm at 39,000 feet a couple of states south of you right now. Post CyberKnife is very good. Take care.

    K

    Was there Yesterday
    Going from Dulles to Indy which started in Albany.
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    mrspjd said:

    randy
    Well done...hope all continues to go well for you.
    mrs pjd

    Thanks So Much!
    Best to your Husband and you too!

    Randy
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,333 Member
    Very good
    Time sure flies.........when the news is good ...........by the way, I'm also a few states below you now.......Ira

    PS we are at a tie now, in the number of posts.

    PPS I had another biopsy last week........my number is holding steady.....also good news
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member

    Very good
    Time sure flies.........when the news is good ...........by the way, I'm also a few states below you now.......Ira

    PS we are at a tie now, in the number of posts.

    PPS I had another biopsy last week........my number is holding steady.....also good news

    Holding Steady is Great!
    Ira, I was very concerned about your choice but you are living proof as is many others there is always more ways than just one to "Skin the Beast" and win!!!

    Great news Ira!

    Randy
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,333 Member

    Holding Steady is Great!
    Ira, I was very concerned about your choice but you are living proof as is many others there is always more ways than just one to "Skin the Beast" and win!!!

    Great news Ira!

    Randy

    My mistake
    I meant to say that I had a PSA.........not a biopsy...............however, I am pretty happy and going on with my life, enjoying it as much as I can....

    I'm glad that every thing was very successful for you and you are able to go on with your life......it's very nice to hear t his.....you made the right decision.

    Ira
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 802 Member
    Hey Randy...Great to hear
    Hey Randy...Great to hear you are still getting ZEROS! My year anniversary is coming up March 3 and so I will be taking a PSA test the 18th or so in March…So as always I hope it I will get another zero….No I was just complaining about a CT scan I had this week along with a scope (you are sticking that thing up me sort of scope)…

    I passed a little blood about a month ago after I got to the next step in my yoga and was doing some serious stretching anyway my oncologist (bless him) was concerned that I had cancer somewhere else but nothing was found and every organ was looked at and I still believe it was a structure (passed one this past July down at the beach) or a kidney store (which I have no history of and I doubt) …I just do not like radiation in general…

    I need to be more like you the “original poster child” and reduce my comments and time here in general…In the mean time I will rejoice with my continued blessing at keeping this beast “at bay”…

    Best to all in your journey
  • shubbysr
    shubbysr Member Posts: 87
    bdhilton said:

    Hey Randy...Great to hear
    Hey Randy...Great to hear you are still getting ZEROS! My year anniversary is coming up March 3 and so I will be taking a PSA test the 18th or so in March…So as always I hope it I will get another zero….No I was just complaining about a CT scan I had this week along with a scope (you are sticking that thing up me sort of scope)…

    I passed a little blood about a month ago after I got to the next step in my yoga and was doing some serious stretching anyway my oncologist (bless him) was concerned that I had cancer somewhere else but nothing was found and every organ was looked at and I still believe it was a structure (passed one this past July down at the beach) or a kidney store (which I have no history of and I doubt) …I just do not like radiation in general…

    I need to be more like you the “original poster child” and reduce my comments and time here in general…In the mean time I will rejoice with my continued blessing at keeping this beast “at bay”…

    Best to all in your journey

    I too, am ready for the ZERO Club!
    My 2 year anniversary is May 1. I have a blood draw later this month. Need to find a new urologist as mine left his practice for the FDA! Hope to continue the ZERO'S and get out of the ED club!!!
  • Will_10_2010
    Will_10_2010 Member Posts: 43
    Congrats on your numbers.
    Congrats on your numbers. I'm at the other end of he spectrum, my first post opt (6 weeeks) PSA is the end of this week. I'm looking forward to zero's. Hopefully I'll be reporting good results a year from now like you!
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Randy, Glad to read that you
    Randy, Glad to read that you are still flying high at 0.

    Larry
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    lewvino said:

    Randy, Glad to read that you
    Randy, Glad to read that you are still flying high at 0.

    Larry

    Glad to hear
    Randy, So glad to hear about your zero. That's fantastic. Hope you continue to maintain your membership in the ZERO CLUB!!!!! This is one test you want a zero.

    I had my last PSA in September and still in the zero club. I have my 2 year followup uro visit this March.

    JR