staying calm

partsouthern
partsouthern Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am just curous to see what staying calm has her medical degree speciality in?

Comments

  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230
    Geez
    I think she has done a great job. She ALWAYS backs up her claims with links and references, so that people can make their own decisions.

    Education never hurt anyone... merely helps us to make decisions that are effective.

    Staying Calm is rational, thoughtful and caring. I'll take a hundred more just like her anyday.
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    NayPaul said:

    Geez
    I think she has done a great job. She ALWAYS backs up her claims with links and references, so that people can make their own decisions.

    Education never hurt anyone... merely helps us to make decisions that are effective.

    Staying Calm is rational, thoughtful and caring. I'll take a hundred more just like her anyday.

    Right on
    Could not agree more. Rational, thoughtful, and caring, that about sums it up. Why anyone would have a vendetta against her is hard to imagine (and it seems apparent that suddenly someone does). I suspect it is that old hate machine, religion, (but that is just a supposition and not an indictment of all believers by any means).

    You are loved, Deb (stayingcalm).

    Take care,

    Joe
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member

    Right on
    Could not agree more. Rational, thoughtful, and caring, that about sums it up. Why anyone would have a vendetta against her is hard to imagine (and it seems apparent that suddenly someone does). I suspect it is that old hate machine, religion, (but that is just a supposition and not an indictment of all believers by any means).

    You are loved, Deb (stayingcalm).

    Take care,

    Joe

    partsouthern
    I like to read stayingcalms post, they are always educational. Are you going to tell us why your so upset with stayingcalm?

    I would still like to know why your refusing all treatment. I'm so sorry for the dx you have, but I wish you would fight and try to win.

    Lori
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Bug up your a--???(Southernpart, this is for you
    Is your a-- the southern part that's against Staying Calm??? She is one of the most loved posters on this site! We are all like family here, so don't condemn anyone for what they say. She usually has a reference for her information. Why do you think she needs a degree?
  • Jayhawk6
    Jayhawk6 Member Posts: 8
    NayPaul said:

    Geez
    I think she has done a great job. She ALWAYS backs up her claims with links and references, so that people can make their own decisions.

    Education never hurt anyone... merely helps us to make decisions that are effective.

    Staying Calm is rational, thoughtful and caring. I'll take a hundred more just like her anyday.

    A perfect response...wish I'd written it myself! In addition to being exceptionally erudite and caring, Staying Calm is also very witty, with a droll sense of humor... which I, for one, very much appreciate. Keep it up, Staying Calm!!
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    3Mana said:

    Bug up your a--???(Southernpart, this is for you
    Is your a-- the southern part that's against Staying Calm??? She is one of the most loved posters on this site! We are all like family here, so don't condemn anyone for what they say. She usually has a reference for her information. Why do you think she needs a degree?

    I am in agreement. Staying
    I am in agreement. Staying Calm has been nothing but helpful to everyone on this site. I don't understand why you are attacking her. I have to question your anger. Also, she probably could earn college credits for her life experiences, but you have probably never heard of that. I suggest you get some counseling for the anger you have. And just in case you want to know my degree is in Psychology!!!!!
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220

    Right on
    Could not agree more. Rational, thoughtful, and caring, that about sums it up. Why anyone would have a vendetta against her is hard to imagine (and it seems apparent that suddenly someone does). I suspect it is that old hate machine, religion, (but that is just a supposition and not an indictment of all believers by any means).

    You are loved, Deb (stayingcalm).

    Take care,

    Joe

    One in every crowd
    I joined this site after reading informative postings by stayingcalm, soccefreaks, medi2 and nodawgs. These folks and so many others are here strickly to help people fight cancer and i would have to say you sound like somebody that needs alot of help. Like soccerfreaks says Deb you are loved here and needed. Take care Dan620
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650
    catcon49 said:

    I am in agreement. Staying
    I am in agreement. Staying Calm has been nothing but helpful to everyone on this site. I don't understand why you are attacking her. I have to question your anger. Also, she probably could earn college credits for her life experiences, but you have probably never heard of that. I suggest you get some counseling for the anger you have. And just in case you want to know my degree is in Psychology!!!!!

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!

    We defend you...
    Deb, we defend you because you have helped us all not only with your knowledge and experience but you always have links to the information so we can read it ourselves and make informed decisions.

    Whatever partsouthern's reason for attacking you is really isn't the issue, this is not the place for attacking. That's what PM is for - LOL. Just kidding.

    Don't change for anyone, we love you as you are!!

    Now go wipe those tears and smile. Smile because you know you are loved and respected.

    Stay well,
    Glenna
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    Glenna M said:

    We defend you...
    Deb, we defend you because you have helped us all not only with your knowledge and experience but you always have links to the information so we can read it ourselves and make informed decisions.

    Whatever partsouthern's reason for attacking you is really isn't the issue, this is not the place for attacking. That's what PM is for - LOL. Just kidding.

    Don't change for anyone, we love you as you are!!

    Now go wipe those tears and smile. Smile because you know you are loved and respected.

    Stay well,
    Glenna

    Well, wait a minute...
    ...let's not get carried away :)

    Take care,

    Joe
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    Glenna M said:

    We defend you...
    Deb, we defend you because you have helped us all not only with your knowledge and experience but you always have links to the information so we can read it ourselves and make informed decisions.

    Whatever partsouthern's reason for attacking you is really isn't the issue, this is not the place for attacking. That's what PM is for - LOL. Just kidding.

    Don't change for anyone, we love you as you are!!

    Now go wipe those tears and smile. Smile because you know you are loved and respected.

    Stay well,
    Glenna

    PS
    That looks like a Tom Brady Patriots jersey to me, on the guy holding that handsome young man!

    Go, Pats!

    Take care,

    Joe
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576

    PS
    That looks like a Tom Brady Patriots jersey to me, on the guy holding that handsome young man!

    Go, Pats!

    Take care,

    Joe

    Good eye :)
    Good eye Joe. That's my son in law and the handsome young man is his grandson, Maven, who also has a Tom Brady uniform on.

    And yes, go Pats!!!

    Stay well,
    Glenna

    Just changed the pic so you can see my favorite little man in uniform :)
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!

    no dear
    you are obviously just suffering from a lack of oxygen ;).
    Luv you !!!
    Medi
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!

    It all good....
    Stayingcalm....keep Stayingcalm ! u r doing just fine and u r very informative.

    I know one person personally with stage IV, who dropped the chemo and tried the holistic approach, and even borrowed a Rife Machine from a friend I guess.....well cancer is back and he is doing Gama Knife for now back at U of M.

    Just thought I would mention that...
    Dave
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    School
    School of Hard Knocks......
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!

    We love ya girl!
    You shouldn't be surprised by all of us defending you! What right does this person have to rip you or question you? Whoever they are, I'm sure this is the last time they say something negative about anyone on this site. Hey if they want to pick on someone, let them pick on the dumb person who is always trying to sell stuff on here!!
    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!! How are you feeling??? Take care!
    "Carole"
  • cdambros
    cdambros Member Posts: 5
    Dapsterd said:

    School
    School of Hard Knocks......

    Stayingcalm, I followed you
    Stayingcalm, I followed you here from inspire because I value your opinion and am inspired (for lack of a better word) by your optimism and dedication to helping others sort through the complicated issues that come with having our disease. Please never give up over the negativity of others. It seems as though this person is in a sad and dark place and not coping too well. While it is sad, it is not the road that the large majority of us care to be on. I will keep that person in my prayers, but I will keep coming here for encouragement...thanks for providing it! By the way, I am a nurse...with papers and all...and I am very impressed with the amount of time you have put into your research. I agree on the sugar thing too. I am all a huge believer in quality of life affecting quantity of time as well! Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Miss Bella
    Miss Bella Member Posts: 19

    You guys are great, I love you all!
    Thank you all for coming to my defense (and saying such nice things in this and the thread above!). I'm not sure what I said that triggered such a reaction from this person, wondering if it's because I asked why they chose to have no treatment. Or it's maybe one of the 'Alt-Therapy' people from Inspire, hiding under a different name...

    It doesn't matter, what I want to say is just, thank you, I'm really touched and now I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes again :) And not because of the Tarceva!

    stayingcalm,
    I don't know

    stayingcalm,

    I don't know what happened here but you know I am in your corner.
    Hugs and Love to you.
    Miss Bella
  • nanaof7
    nanaof7 Member Posts: 127
    cdambros said:

    Stayingcalm, I followed you
    Stayingcalm, I followed you here from inspire because I value your opinion and am inspired (for lack of a better word) by your optimism and dedication to helping others sort through the complicated issues that come with having our disease. Please never give up over the negativity of others. It seems as though this person is in a sad and dark place and not coping too well. While it is sad, it is not the road that the large majority of us care to be on. I will keep that person in my prayers, but I will keep coming here for encouragement...thanks for providing it! By the way, I am a nurse...with papers and all...and I am very impressed with the amount of time you have put into your research. I agree on the sugar thing too. I am all a huge believer in quality of life affecting quantity of time as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

    statingclam, luv ya
    staying calm has given me alot of good advice and helped me with my tarceva treatment we have alot in common and I am very thankful for her she is always there for anyone who needs an ear
  • Notpinkenough
    Notpinkenough Member Posts: 14
    nanaof7 said:

    statingclam, luv ya
    staying calm has given me alot of good advice and helped me with my tarceva treatment we have alot in common and I am very thankful for her she is always there for anyone who needs an ear

    Stayingcalm
    I LOVE Stayincalm's posts. Well researched & responsible. Sense of humor/sarcasm is always appropriate and directed at the issue - not the poster. We need a hundred more like her. Inspire lost one of its foremost voices of reason!

    Chris