Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

JMNYE---Jane

hopeful girl 1
hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
edited March 2014 in Uterine Cancer #1
Jane,

Congrats on completing your chemo in September. I saw this in your post about yoga. How are you feeling? Have you had any follow up tests yet now that your treatment is completed?

I have one more chemo to go. I was also 3C. I have been having trouble with low counts towards the end now. I am thinking I will try the yoga alittle bit, I have never done before. I have been walking for my exercise. You seemed to feel that the yoga really helped get you thru' your treatments!

I am so happy for you!

Cindy

Comments

  • jmnye
    jmnye Member Posts: 14
    Hi Cindy - Yoga follow-up
    Hi Cindy - Yes, yoga, relaxation, meditation, walking, they are all good.

    I was diagnosed in March of 2009.

    I finished chemo in September 2009. I only had 4 rounds of chemo. 2 rounds then 25 days of radiation - then 2 more rounds of chemo - it was called a sandwich protocol. I tolerated it quite well. My counts did go down after the 4th chemo, but was able to rebound with no special shots or treatment.

    Trust me it all gets better.

    My last CT scan in March 2010 was clear.

    I'm here for you - just ask if you have any questions.


    Jane
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    jmnye said:

    Hi Cindy - Yoga follow-up
    Hi Cindy - Yes, yoga, relaxation, meditation, walking, they are all good.

    I was diagnosed in March of 2009.

    I finished chemo in September 2009. I only had 4 rounds of chemo. 2 rounds then 25 days of radiation - then 2 more rounds of chemo - it was called a sandwich protocol. I tolerated it quite well. My counts did go down after the 4th chemo, but was able to rebound with no special shots or treatment.

    Trust me it all gets better.

    My last CT scan in March 2010 was clear.

    I'm here for you - just ask if you have any questions.


    Jane

    Jane
    I was diagnosed in March 2010. Had my two surgeries end of March and first week of April.
    I am also having the sandwich protocol, but mine involves 6 total chemos (taxol/carbo).
    3 chemos.....then 25 days of radiation.....then 3 more chemos. I have one more chemo left to go.

    I am supposed to go for my bloodtest today (it is two weeks since my 5th chemo) but am unable to go today, so will have to do so tomorrow. I am anxious to see how my counts are. My CA125 after the 5th chemo was 5. My 5th chemo was delayed by two weeks due to low counts, so I hope that the delay does not hurt my CA125 number.

    I started my 5th chemo with neutrophil count of only 1.2-so I am scared where it will be at now, two weeks after this chemo. If I stay on schedule this time, my 6th chemo will be on Nov 2nd.

    I am so glad you last scan was clear.

    What follow up did your medical team do following your final chemo?

    Thanks,
    Cindy
  • jmnye
    jmnye Member Posts: 14

    Jane
    I was diagnosed in March 2010. Had my two surgeries end of March and first week of April.
    I am also having the sandwich protocol, but mine involves 6 total chemos (taxol/carbo).
    3 chemos.....then 25 days of radiation.....then 3 more chemos. I have one more chemo left to go.

    I am supposed to go for my bloodtest today (it is two weeks since my 5th chemo) but am unable to go today, so will have to do so tomorrow. I am anxious to see how my counts are. My CA125 after the 5th chemo was 5. My 5th chemo was delayed by two weeks due to low counts, so I hope that the delay does not hurt my CA125 number.

    I started my 5th chemo with neutrophil count of only 1.2-so I am scared where it will be at now, two weeks after this chemo. If I stay on schedule this time, my 6th chemo will be on Nov 2nd.

    I am so glad you last scan was clear.

    What follow up did your medical team do following your final chemo?

    Thanks,
    Cindy

    Wow, we're a year apart!
    Cindy -

    I only had one surgery. Why did you have two?

    As a follow-up I just went in for internal exams (pap smear) every 3 months. I never had CA125 blood tests. My doctor didn't think they were a good marker for uterine cancer. So I only had two blood tests that I know of. The numbers trended down, and that's all my doctor cared about. I have only had one CT scan - at the 1 year mark.

    Where are you located? I am in Los Angeles, CA.

    Jane
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    jmnye said:

    Wow, we're a year apart!
    Cindy -

    I only had one surgery. Why did you have two?

    As a follow-up I just went in for internal exams (pap smear) every 3 months. I never had CA125 blood tests. My doctor didn't think they were a good marker for uterine cancer. So I only had two blood tests that I know of. The numbers trended down, and that's all my doctor cared about. I have only had one CT scan - at the 1 year mark.

    Where are you located? I am in Los Angeles, CA.

    Jane

    Jane
    Yes, it would seem we are one year apart. :)

    I was curious about the follow up-as my oncologist will noted he will speak to me more on this after 6th chemo, but he already mentioned he is not big on scans. My radiation oncologist mentioned that I will meet with him for follow up periodically for 2 years.

    My oncologist does feel CA125 is a good marker for me, because my baseline for this test post surgery was 300, after first chemo it dropped to 20, after second chemo it dropped to 8, after third chemo it dropped to 7, after 25 radiations it dropped to 5, and after 4th chemo the number stayed at 5.

    I just had my bloodwork done today (two weeks and one day post 5th chemo),so I am anxiously awaiting that phone call later this evening to hear how my numbers are. They ran CBC, CMP, and the CA125 test. My 5th chemo was delayed by two weeks for low counts, so I hope that does not happen this time. If I stay on schedule this time, my 6th chemo will be Nov 2nd.

    At end of March I had the complete radical hysterectomy and removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, and some aorta lymph nodes. A week later I had surgery again, because I had a tear in my bladder (not sure why). I had to wear a catheter for two or three weeks at home. So my recovery from surgery was quite an ordeal. I gained 30 pounds of fluids in my legs which I was told can happen from the removal of lymph nodes, although my radiation oncologist disagrees and feels the water retention was from the tear in the bladder. My mom would massage my legs for me and it seemed to help and the fluids went away.

    I started my first chemo in May. I have one more chemo to go (the 6th).

    I am 46 years old, and I live in Illinois.

    Cindy
  • jmnye
    jmnye Member Posts: 14

    Jane
    Yes, it would seem we are one year apart. :)

    I was curious about the follow up-as my oncologist will noted he will speak to me more on this after 6th chemo, but he already mentioned he is not big on scans. My radiation oncologist mentioned that I will meet with him for follow up periodically for 2 years.

    My oncologist does feel CA125 is a good marker for me, because my baseline for this test post surgery was 300, after first chemo it dropped to 20, after second chemo it dropped to 8, after third chemo it dropped to 7, after 25 radiations it dropped to 5, and after 4th chemo the number stayed at 5.

    I just had my bloodwork done today (two weeks and one day post 5th chemo),so I am anxiously awaiting that phone call later this evening to hear how my numbers are. They ran CBC, CMP, and the CA125 test. My 5th chemo was delayed by two weeks for low counts, so I hope that does not happen this time. If I stay on schedule this time, my 6th chemo will be Nov 2nd.

    At end of March I had the complete radical hysterectomy and removal of ovaries, fallopian tubes, and some aorta lymph nodes. A week later I had surgery again, because I had a tear in my bladder (not sure why). I had to wear a catheter for two or three weeks at home. So my recovery from surgery was quite an ordeal. I gained 30 pounds of fluids in my legs which I was told can happen from the removal of lymph nodes, although my radiation oncologist disagrees and feels the water retention was from the tear in the bladder. My mom would massage my legs for me and it seemed to help and the fluids went away.

    I started my first chemo in May. I have one more chemo to go (the 6th).

    I am 46 years old, and I live in Illinois.

    Cindy

    Good luck - hope your numbers are low
    Hi Cindy-

    Sounds like you had a tough time with surgery--at least that's done!

    My GYN/Onc agrees that scans should be done at the most, yearly. Not more often than that. Too much additional radiation.

    I started out going in every 3 months and then got to extend the visits to every 4 months. I asked if I could go every 6 months, but was denied that request.

    My next check up is Nov 19, just before Thanksgiving.

    Most people that I know have had 6 rounds of chemo. I have no idea why I only got four.

    I'll keep good thoughts going your way for a successful 6th chemo and putting it all behind you. Nice to be clean, clear, and healthy before the end of the year!

    Jane
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    jmnye said:

    Good luck - hope your numbers are low
    Hi Cindy-

    Sounds like you had a tough time with surgery--at least that's done!

    My GYN/Onc agrees that scans should be done at the most, yearly. Not more often than that. Too much additional radiation.

    I started out going in every 3 months and then got to extend the visits to every 4 months. I asked if I could go every 6 months, but was denied that request.

    My next check up is Nov 19, just before Thanksgiving.

    Most people that I know have had 6 rounds of chemo. I have no idea why I only got four.

    I'll keep good thoughts going your way for a successful 6th chemo and putting it all behind you. Nice to be clean, clear, and healthy before the end of the year!

    Jane

    Thank you Jane
    Jane,

    Thank you for the well wishes.

    I just got my counts back, still waiting on CA125 test-will get those results Friday.
    My WBC is 1.1, neutrophils .7, hemoglobin 9.0, and platelets 138,000. Since my white counts are so low I am living rather hermit like to be safe.

    This was the test two weeks after 5th chemo. If my neutrophils are 1.0 by Nov 2nd I will have my 6th chemo.


    Hugs,
    Cindy
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    jmnye said:

    Good luck - hope your numbers are low
    Hi Cindy-

    Sounds like you had a tough time with surgery--at least that's done!

    My GYN/Onc agrees that scans should be done at the most, yearly. Not more often than that. Too much additional radiation.

    I started out going in every 3 months and then got to extend the visits to every 4 months. I asked if I could go every 6 months, but was denied that request.

    My next check up is Nov 19, just before Thanksgiving.

    Most people that I know have had 6 rounds of chemo. I have no idea why I only got four.

    I'll keep good thoughts going your way for a successful 6th chemo and putting it all behind you. Nice to be clean, clear, and healthy before the end of the year!

    Jane

    Thank you Jane
    Jane,

    Thank you for the well wishes.

    I just got my counts back, still waiting on CA125 test-will get those results Friday.
    My WBC is 1.1, neutrophils .7, hemoglobin 9.0, and platelets 138,000. Since my white counts are so low I am living rather hermit like to be safe.

    This was the test two weeks after 5th chemo. If my neutrophils are 1.0 by Nov 2nd I will have my 6th chemo.


    Hugs,
    Cindy