IT IS FRIDAY (at least here) any interesting plan for the weekend ?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm going to my beach house but raining forecasted , then will buy plants and flowers for Barcelona,s house in a big garden center which is close to the beach house and on Monday my wife will plant it on the terrace !
What about you?
«13

Comments

  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    paloozas don need to answer I know you will be sleeping
    the hangover !
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    pepebcn said:

    paloozas don need to answer I know you will be sleeping
    the hangover !

    up
    up
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277
    OK
    Since I'm starting chemo round #1 on Monday I am making sure that I connect with people who I've put off for some time as I might not feel up to taking calls and meeting for coffee next week. So I have a couple of breakfasts planned (though I'm having some problems and can't eat when I'm out of the house), 2 coffee get togethers and 1 BBQ to attend.

    It's kind of a pre-hibernation rush just in case my body doesn't like chemo. My body just doesn't like additives. I don't do well with drugs so I'm preparing for the worse and hoping for the best. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if things go well with chemo.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Seeing my son!
    We're meeting our son and possibly our daughter in-law for lunch and then doing a bit of shopping together!

    *hugs*
    Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    Camping
    We are going camping. Just want to get away from everything. One of our daughtera is meeting us there and renting a cabin. We are going to have a big bond fire, roast marshmellows and warm up by the fire. Have a couple beers and eat some good food. Love these camp outs LOL. It is supposed to be a chilly weekend but we have lots of fire wood. Hubby has been cutting it up for days. Have probably cut up 10 cords of wood. We have enough to last until next year. Yipee. Smores here we come

    Kim
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624
    My yard
    My yard is done now, so I guess I'll be ripping up linoleum in the kitchen, and placing tile down. Been watching youtube to learn how to do it. Should be interesting!!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    lots to do before the winter solstice
    I am taking tomorrow off work to relax and occasionally listen to that shake your booty music for women and by women. The rest of the weekend I will be getting shrubs in the ground, cleaning and drinking adult refreshments.

    I will be joined by Ericka Badhu, India Arie, Barbra Streisand and Joan baez as soon as I send the hubs to work.
    Can some one from Canada send me some wine?
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Lori-S said:

    OK
    Since I'm starting chemo round #1 on Monday I am making sure that I connect with people who I've put off for some time as I might not feel up to taking calls and meeting for coffee next week. So I have a couple of breakfasts planned (though I'm having some problems and can't eat when I'm out of the house), 2 coffee get togethers and 1 BBQ to attend.

    It's kind of a pre-hibernation rush just in case my body doesn't like chemo. My body just doesn't like additives. I don't do well with drugs so I'm preparing for the worse and hoping for the best. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if things go well with chemo.

    Saying a prayer for you. We
    Saying a prayer for you. We had a pre chemo party for my mom. We did the same thing not knowing how chemo would affect her we prepared for the worst and it is going okay. She ended up having more problems with the port than with the chemicals.

    Hugs
    Ktz
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277
    ketziah35 said:

    Saying a prayer for you. We
    Saying a prayer for you. We had a pre chemo party for my mom. We did the same thing not knowing how chemo would affect her we prepared for the worst and it is going okay. She ended up having more problems with the port than with the chemicals.

    Hugs
    Ktz

    Ktz
    Thank you.

    I'm so glad to hear that your mom did well with the chemo. How great that you threw her a party.
  • okthen
    okthen Member Posts: 232
    ketziah35 said:

    lots to do before the winter solstice
    I am taking tomorrow off work to relax and occasionally listen to that shake your booty music for women and by women. The rest of the weekend I will be getting shrubs in the ground, cleaning and drinking adult refreshments.

    I will be joined by Ericka Badhu, India Arie, Barbra Streisand and Joan baez as soon as I send the hubs to work.
    Can some one from Canada send me some wine?

    going to the doctor and missing my nephews wedding
    Supposed to have surgery next Wednesday but have to get clearance because they found an enlarged lymph node in my right lung. If they say they can't put me under then they're just gonna have to do it while I'm awake....wish me luck with that one. (o:
    Nephew getting married Sat, but will miss the wedding due to all our health issues, my mom will take my daughter, she needs a break from heating up our heat packs, bless her heart!
    My house is getting shown on Sat afternoon for the first time since listed (20 days) so will probably spend most of my time trying to get the funky "boys room" smell out of my sons room.
    Sunday, I hope will be full of peace and calm...coffee on the porch with my wonderful husband, maybe my oldest daughter will come for dinner, I don't know, just a normal Sunday would be nice.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    ketziah35 said:

    lots to do before the winter solstice
    I am taking tomorrow off work to relax and occasionally listen to that shake your booty music for women and by women. The rest of the weekend I will be getting shrubs in the ground, cleaning and drinking adult refreshments.

    I will be joined by Ericka Badhu, India Arie, Barbra Streisand and Joan baez as soon as I send the hubs to work.
    Can some one from Canada send me some wine?

    Ketziah
    I don't know if it is legally possible; I will look into it. Do you have anything you are specifically interested in? I apreciate your interest in our wine. I hope you fully enjoy tomorrow. Where do you live? If you are a wine + theatre connisseur, Niagara-On-The-Lake has three fantastic theatres, all of which produce George Bernard Shaw plays or plays from his lifetime, The town has fantastic restaurants, inns, hotels as well as wineries in + around the town. For more than twenty years my husband + I have visited at least once a year until 2009. I really prefer it to Niagara Fall, although the falls themselves are beautiful.

    Now that I think of it, Niagara-On-The-Lake/Niagara Falls would be a great place for a palooza, or if not a full palooza, a Northern palooza - there is something for everone, culture, wine, fine retaurants, gambling, beautiful countryside. It might be perfect for Southern Ontarions + Northern Americans...or Kerry could possibly drag an unlucky deer up to share.

    UPDATE!
    I just googled it + it is illegal to send by bail. If I know where you live, I can keep that in mind if anyone travels near there; they could take it across the border. For example, my daughter has an upcoming hockey tournament in Pennsylvana, we have our own business + there is US travel. I will do what I can, just enjoy tomorrow.
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624
    ketziah35 said:

    lots to do before the winter solstice
    I am taking tomorrow off work to relax and occasionally listen to that shake your booty music for women and by women. The rest of the weekend I will be getting shrubs in the ground, cleaning and drinking adult refreshments.

    I will be joined by Ericka Badhu, India Arie, Barbra Streisand and Joan baez as soon as I send the hubs to work.
    Can some one from Canada send me some wine?

    wine regulations
    You can barely send wine across state lines without huge problems, permits, certain states can only send to certain states, I doubt you can get from outside the U.S. without problems. I was going to offer California wine, but don't know if I can even send from here. I'll have to check into it.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673

    wine regulations
    You can barely send wine across state lines without huge problems, permits, certain states can only send to certain states, I doubt you can get from outside the U.S. without problems. I was going to offer California wine, but don't know if I can even send from here. I'll have to check into it.

    Sending is hard,
    but when we have travelled to us (used to live there + travelled back + forth) - we were allowed 2 bottles I believe. That's why I trying to find out where ketz lives, in case we can take it to her somehow.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    AnneCan said:

    Sending is hard,
    but when we have travelled to us (used to live there + travelled back + forth) - we were allowed 2 bottles I believe. That's why I trying to find out where ketz lives, in case we can take it to her somehow.

    Adventure
    We are inAtlanta and it is a slight joke between hubby and I because everywhere we travel in the US we look for Canadian wine. It is like searching for the Holy grail. No worries. You are all so sweet. I will find it one day lol.

    Ktz
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478
    Since I will be
    out of town next week and weekend, I will use this weekend for activities. My husband and I will be celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary 1 month late at the Poconos; 25- 30 Oct.
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277
    nudgie said:

    Since I will be
    out of town next week and weekend, I will use this weekend for activities. My husband and I will be celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary 1 month late at the Poconos; 25- 30 Oct.

    28 years!
    Congratulations to the both of you. It's good that you are celebrating even if it's a little late. Enjoy the Poconos!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576
    Lori-S said:

    28 years!
    Congratulations to the both of you. It's good that you are celebrating even if it's a little late. Enjoy the Poconos!

    ssssshhhhhhhh secret
    ssshhhhh it's a secret....I am a big opera freak. the Met in New York live streams on Saturday afternoon to your local cinema. This Saturday is Boris Godunov by Mussorgorsky.....five and one half hours worth!!!!! I am going to this year's performances with a dear friend who has been promoted and now works monday to friday so he can attend.

    We plan to come back home and my dear husband will have prepared adult beverages and some sort of Russian feast.....all so exciting....teheheheh

    mags
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Lori-S said:

    Ktz
    Thank you.

    I'm so glad to hear that your mom did well with the chemo. How great that you threw her a party.

    So you will become a kind of nice little bear
    From Monday,!
    Hugs.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    ketziah35 said:

    Saying a prayer for you. We
    Saying a prayer for you. We had a pre chemo party for my mom. We did the same thing not knowing how chemo would affect her we prepared for the worst and it is going okay. She ended up having more problems with the port than with the chemicals.

    Hugs
    Ktz

    Hope everything goes fine with mom,
    Ejoy the little party!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    okthen said:

    going to the doctor and missing my nephews wedding
    Supposed to have surgery next Wednesday but have to get clearance because they found an enlarged lymph node in my right lung. If they say they can't put me under then they're just gonna have to do it while I'm awake....wish me luck with that one. (o:
    Nephew getting married Sat, but will miss the wedding due to all our health issues, my mom will take my daughter, she needs a break from heating up our heat packs, bless her heart!
    My house is getting shown on Sat afternoon for the first time since listed (20 days) so will probably spend most of my time trying to get the funky "boys room" smell out of my sons room.
    Sunday, I hope will be full of peace and calm...coffee on the porch with my wonderful husband, maybe my oldest daughter will come for dinner, I don't know, just a normal Sunday would be nice.

    I wish you the best from here!
    Enjoy a peaceful and normal weekend!
    Cheer up!