wow!

vinny59
vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
Hey Guy's I may be done my treatment, but dam!!! It's been a rough last couple of day's, trying to gut it out till Wednesday when I get my shot's, I really had a hard time yesterday, could not catch my breath, intense pressure in my chest. Hopefully today will be a better day!! Vinny

Comments

  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    absolutely
    Vinnie, The next day is always better. Hmmm, worried about your pain in the chest. Maybe you should give the doctor a call. Maggie
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401
    chest pain
    Vinny,
    Get that chest pain checked out. Don't know what it is, but its nothing to play with as you know. If I had intense pain like that I would be in the ER having it checked. Just being concerned for you. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    chest pain
    Vinny,
    Get that chest pain checked out. Don't know what it is, but its nothing to play with as you know. If I had intense pain like that I would be in the ER having it checked. Just being concerned for you. John

    chest pain
    Hey guy's, it's the same sensation that I had last week, It was the low RBCS..... does put strain on everything, but I just will take it easy...... No marathon races for me!!!!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    vinny59 said:

    chest pain
    Hey guy's, it's the same sensation that I had last week, It was the low RBCS..... does put strain on everything, but I just will take it easy...... No marathon races for me!!!!

    Sorry
    I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Take care of yourself Vinnie. I'd also be making a phone call to your nurse.

    Don't do anything more than you have to.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    vinny59 said:

    chest pain
    Hey guy's, it's the same sensation that I had last week, It was the low RBCS..... does put strain on everything, but I just will take it easy...... No marathon races for me!!!!

    chest pain
    Hi Vinny,
    I understand what your saying about the chest pain being the same sensation, but it still wouldn't hurt to get a EKG or at least have a doctor check it out. I've been keeping notes on the various sensations I feel when I'm on the pred, and so far I haven't had any "new" or "worse" sensations, so I'm like you in my thinking....rough it out, do less and don't panic. It's sure hard to do in the wee hours of the morning when your heart is racing, sweating and experiencing shortness of breath. It hard to determine what sensations to work with and what ones to head to the doctor with. Today will be my crash day from the pred....got my notes from last time, so I'll be watching for any "new" sensations. Stay peaceful and take it slow and easy Vinny. Always thinking good positive thoughts for you....Sue
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    allmost60 said:

    chest pain
    Hi Vinny,
    I understand what your saying about the chest pain being the same sensation, but it still wouldn't hurt to get a EKG or at least have a doctor check it out. I've been keeping notes on the various sensations I feel when I'm on the pred, and so far I haven't had any "new" or "worse" sensations, so I'm like you in my thinking....rough it out, do less and don't panic. It's sure hard to do in the wee hours of the morning when your heart is racing, sweating and experiencing shortness of breath. It hard to determine what sensations to work with and what ones to head to the doctor with. Today will be my crash day from the pred....got my notes from last time, so I'll be watching for any "new" sensations. Stay peaceful and take it slow and easy Vinny. Always thinking good positive thoughts for you....Sue

    pain
    Hey Sue, so true, I just took it easy, was able to do a little cooking, which was great, even made some homemade banana pudding........ thanks for the positive thoughts! You take it slow also!!!!! Vinny
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 444
    vinny59 said:

    pain
    Hey Sue, so true, I just took it easy, was able to do a little cooking, which was great, even made some homemade banana pudding........ thanks for the positive thoughts! You take it slow also!!!!! Vinny

    Chest Pain - other alternatives to help?
    Vinny,

    I mentioned my fear of chest pain and shortness of breath in another post. And now I am thinking - would oxygen equipment help with this? I am still new with this... I already called the on-call dr. today and he said - normal, normal but call ER if feel worse. So hmmm. Yes, you are right - I gotta do less. I did some cleaning earlier today - I think that was a mistake, smile... maybe that was what is making me crash... Nice to about your banana pudding - banana pie sounds even better for me, ha!!

    Liz
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Vinny please!
    You need to call and update your MD about this ASAP. I know you want to wait until Weds. but they need a heads up and it's only fair to all. I understand the RBCs are causing the problems but those effects can cause harm to you. Your MD relies on you to keep her informed or She can't do her job. I know how hard it is to make those calls but pass interference is absolutely key. The things we decide to let go or wait on can really cause some serious problems and I would hate for you to hear "If only you had let us know"........It's only a phone call,then let them take it from there. You need oxygen and you need it now. Don't mean to come on too strong or to upset you but as a Nurse I hate to see this. Call! Mary
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032

    Vinny please!
    You need to call and update your MD about this ASAP. I know you want to wait until Weds. but they need a heads up and it's only fair to all. I understand the RBCs are causing the problems but those effects can cause harm to you. Your MD relies on you to keep her informed or She can't do her job. I know how hard it is to make those calls but pass interference is absolutely key. The things we decide to let go or wait on can really cause some serious problems and I would hate for you to hear "If only you had let us know"........It's only a phone call,then let them take it from there. You need oxygen and you need it now. Don't mean to come on too strong or to upset you but as a Nurse I hate to see this. Call! Mary

    Mary
    Your not coming on to strong, Saturday was real bad, I'm feeling a little better today, I will try to get in today.............
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    vinny59 said:

    Mary
    Your not coming on to strong, Saturday was real bad, I'm feeling a little better today, I will try to get in today.............

    Good
    Wise,wise choice. I get how hard it is but it will all be good. You need to protect yourself. Good luck. Mary
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    vinny59 said:

    Mary
    Your not coming on to strong, Saturday was real bad, I'm feeling a little better today, I will try to get in today.............

    Chest pain
    Hey Vinny,

    I've been off board for a few days. Sorry to hear about your chest pains. But I'm glad to hear that you are going to get it checked. Please let us know what you find out.

    Being done with chemo is not really being done. You still have our prayers.
    Tom
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    tcvine said:

    Chest pain
    Hey Vinny,

    I've been off board for a few days. Sorry to hear about your chest pains. But I'm glad to hear that you are going to get it checked. Please let us know what you find out.

    Being done with chemo is not really being done. You still have our prayers.
    Tom

    pain
    Thanks tom, you got that right!!!!!
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    vinny59 said:

    pain
    Thanks tom, you got that right!!!!!

    Cooking
    Hey Vinny,

    I always get a charge out of your cooking stories. Do you watch any of the contest cooking shows. Connie and I are hooked on them. We really liked Top Chef (until this season's ridiculously political shows from Wash. D.C. which has permanently killed for me what used to be a really good show). We really enjoyed the fact that these were real chefs who were so creative and could do stuff that just seemed amazing. (It is really sad that they had to ruin with their politics.)

    Most of the other "network" contest shows are just garbage for ratings. But sometimes they can be very amazing. It just amazes me what you guys can come up with when you get in the kitchen.

    What is your 'specialty'?

    Tom
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    tcvine said:

    Cooking
    Hey Vinny,

    I always get a charge out of your cooking stories. Do you watch any of the contest cooking shows. Connie and I are hooked on them. We really liked Top Chef (until this season's ridiculously political shows from Wash. D.C. which has permanently killed for me what used to be a really good show). We really enjoyed the fact that these were real chefs who were so creative and could do stuff that just seemed amazing. (It is really sad that they had to ruin with their politics.)

    Most of the other "network" contest shows are just garbage for ratings. But sometimes they can be very amazing. It just amazes me what you guys can come up with when you get in the kitchen.

    What is your 'specialty'?

    Tom

    cooking
    Hey Tom, I love The Food Network, Iron Chef, Chopped, etc......... I really love cooking just about anything, My brothers and I believe it or not owned several Dunkin Donuts for over 20 years we sold them about 12 years ago, we worked weekends, long hours, we had a small TV in the kitchen, the only thing that was on day time TV was cooking shows! I just started writing down recipes, baking and cooking different foods. So there you have it!!!! hahahaha Vinny
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    vinny59 said:

    cooking
    Hey Tom, I love The Food Network, Iron Chef, Chopped, etc......... I really love cooking just about anything, My brothers and I believe it or not owned several Dunkin Donuts for over 20 years we sold them about 12 years ago, we worked weekends, long hours, we had a small TV in the kitchen, the only thing that was on day time TV was cooking shows! I just started writing down recipes, baking and cooking different foods. So there you have it!!!! hahahaha Vinny

    Life-long benefits
    Hey Vinny,
    That's great!
    I am just so impressed that you have such an interest and passion for something that can be of so much benefit for all your life for you and your family. I'm an accountant - not a big help with the realities of family life growing older. Now, cooking - that would be a big help and fun for everyone who gets to enjoy what you do!

    And, actually, we have not watched the Food Network much, but now I'm going to put it on our favorites and look for shows we like.

    I have enjoyed cooking the occasional recipe, but I have no idea what I'm doing, so it is a lot of work with mediocre results.
    Connie, on the other hand, has developed some items that I would put up to anyone in their expertise and deliciousness. (Broiled salmon filets are always perfect - and I do mix up my own special sauce that most of us seem to like, a little spicy.)

    Anyway, even though you still have a rough fight back, please keep us posted on the way.

    Thanks,
    Tom
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    tcvine said:

    Life-long benefits
    Hey Vinny,
    That's great!
    I am just so impressed that you have such an interest and passion for something that can be of so much benefit for all your life for you and your family. I'm an accountant - not a big help with the realities of family life growing older. Now, cooking - that would be a big help and fun for everyone who gets to enjoy what you do!

    And, actually, we have not watched the Food Network much, but now I'm going to put it on our favorites and look for shows we like.

    I have enjoyed cooking the occasional recipe, but I have no idea what I'm doing, so it is a lot of work with mediocre results.
    Connie, on the other hand, has developed some items that I would put up to anyone in their expertise and deliciousness. (Broiled salmon filets are always perfect - and I do mix up my own special sauce that most of us seem to like, a little spicy.)

    Anyway, even though you still have a rough fight back, please keep us posted on the way.

    Thanks,
    Tom

    benefits
    Broiled salmon fillets, my wife's fave!, I cook them a lot in parchment paper tents with fresh veggies and herbs on the grill........ it steams them. Nice talking about something other then cancer! hahahaha talk to you soon Vinny
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    vinny59 said:

    benefits
    Broiled salmon fillets, my wife's fave!, I cook them a lot in parchment paper tents with fresh veggies and herbs on the grill........ it steams them. Nice talking about something other then cancer! hahahaha talk to you soon Vinny

    Vinny
    Hi Vinny,

    Can you come to my house and grill the salmon and veggies. It sounds so good. Never heard of parchment tents for grillin. Anyway, your invited to dinner any night your in Cal. We can cook together.
    Hope your feeling a little better today. It will take some time with those counts.
    I remember one time taking the kids to Disneyland , this was after my tx, we flew. The return trip however was not so great. I knew I was feeling bad and that my RBC were very low,the plan was for me to get off the plane at home and then go to the hosp. the next day to get a transfusion. Well, somwhere at 30,000 feet I passed out , from the low RBC. I woke up with oxygen on and the Captain flying much lower all the to San Francisco. Very scary for my family. The blood really helped me. Since your not getting any blood, it will just take longer to build up your cells.
    Sorry for the long post, I ramble on when I get nervous. The trip is getting to me and I am still at home.. LOL
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    forme said:

    Vinny
    Hi Vinny,

    Can you come to my house and grill the salmon and veggies. It sounds so good. Never heard of parchment tents for grillin. Anyway, your invited to dinner any night your in Cal. We can cook together.
    Hope your feeling a little better today. It will take some time with those counts.
    I remember one time taking the kids to Disneyland , this was after my tx, we flew. The return trip however was not so great. I knew I was feeling bad and that my RBC were very low,the plan was for me to get off the plane at home and then go to the hosp. the next day to get a transfusion. Well, somwhere at 30,000 feet I passed out , from the low RBC. I woke up with oxygen on and the Captain flying much lower all the to San Francisco. Very scary for my family. The blood really helped me. Since your not getting any blood, it will just take longer to build up your cells.
    Sorry for the long post, I ramble on when I get nervous. The trip is getting to me and I am still at home.. LOL
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

    sounds good
    Hey Lisha, do you remember your RBC numbers by any chance???? Just relax about the trip, take it slow and easy........ Take care Vinny
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    vinny59 said:

    sounds good
    Hey Lisha, do you remember your RBC numbers by any chance???? Just relax about the trip, take it slow and easy........ Take care Vinny

    Memory
    Hi Vinny,
    Well my memory is getting worse as time goes by, age, cancer stress etc. I do remember that my hematocrit was 17 ! Needed a lot of transfusions. Ended up with an IV in my foot. All my other veins were crap. Didn't have a port at that time.. Sigh. I'll try and get my old brain to work and if I do and I remember anything else, I'll post you.
    Stay strong..
    Lisha