Mom's Battle is Finished

hope0310
hope0310 Member Posts: 320
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Sadly, my best friend, confidant, my rock..my mother lost her battle yesterday. She was never in pain and was released from this world in the comfort of her home surrounded by all of us.

Thank you all for your support over the past 6 months....much love,

Elysia
Be good to yourselves...

Comments

  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    Condolences
    Condolences, Elysia.

    Take care,

    Joe
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Now she's at peace
    Elysa,
    So sorry about your mom.I hope you realize how good you were to her. I'm sure she appreciated everything you did for her. It'll be hard to go on without her, but try and remember all the years you had and the happy times. Take care! "Carole"
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254
    So sorry for your loss.
    So sorry for your loss. Take care Elysia.
  • deb_needhope
    deb_needhope Member Posts: 38
    So sorry..
    So very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. You were a great daughter to her doing everything you could to help.. life is so not fair!
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650
    Sad news
    I'm sorry to hear about this Elysia :( Please take care of yourself, and stop in sometimes if it's not too upsetting for you.
    Deb
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220

    Sad news
    I'm sorry to hear about this Elysia :( Please take care of yourself, and stop in sometimes if it's not too upsetting for you.
    Deb

    Sorry
    So sorry for your loss. Losing your Mother is heart breaking. My prayer are with you and your family. Dan
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Dan620 said:

    Sorry
    So sorry for your loss. Losing your Mother is heart breaking. My prayer are with you and your family. Dan

    So sorry...
    So sorry for your loss. Just remember all of the good times and fond memories.

    Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    Glenna M said:

    So sorry...
    So sorry for your loss. Just remember all of the good times and fond memories.

    Stay strong,
    Glenna

    Sorry to hear about your
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Take care.

    c
  • Ella02
    Ella02 Member Posts: 9
    Sympathies
    So sorry Elysia. My deepest sympathies.
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    Very sorry for your loss

    Very sorry for your loss
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    chad76 said:

    Very sorry for your loss

    Very sorry for your loss

    Thanks guys...the last 4-5
    Thanks guys...the last 4-5 days have been a blur.

    Found out yesterday that my mother in law will now go on hospice, she was dx with esophogeal cancer late June, treatments are not working......
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254
    hope0310 said:

    Thanks guys...the last 4-5
    Thanks guys...the last 4-5 days have been a blur.

    Found out yesterday that my mother in law will now go on hospice, she was dx with esophogeal cancer late June, treatments are not working......

    Oh dear...you are really
    Oh dear...you are really going through it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to take care of yourself, and keep in touch.
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    mamacita5 said:

    Oh dear...you are really
    Oh dear...you are really going through it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to take care of yourself, and keep in touch.

    Two weeks .....
    ...it has been two weeks this morning, but it feels like 2 minutes.
    I feel like I have not dealt with it. No closure, no time to process....My kids, brother and hubby are worried about me.

    I'm going to "say this out loud" here, because I feel like I can.....I feel so cheated that within hours of my mom passing we are flung right back into Hospice mode for my husbands mother. Is that bad? It's like...wait...I need a minute..please, I cannot digest the last 6.5 months, much last the final 6.5 weeks on hospice.

    Mom did not want a funeral. She wanted to be cremated and then for us to take the $$ we would have spent on a funeral and throw her a party!!

    So we are....We will be having a Celebration of Her Life in a few weeks.....maybe that will help my healing.

    Be good to yourselves.....I am forever changed....Elysia
  • cher8871
    cher8871 Member Posts: 64
    hope0310 said:

    Two weeks .....
    ...it has been two weeks this morning, but it feels like 2 minutes.
    I feel like I have not dealt with it. No closure, no time to process....My kids, brother and hubby are worried about me.

    I'm going to "say this out loud" here, because I feel like I can.....I feel so cheated that within hours of my mom passing we are flung right back into Hospice mode for my husbands mother. Is that bad? It's like...wait...I need a minute..please, I cannot digest the last 6.5 months, much last the final 6.5 weeks on hospice.

    Mom did not want a funeral. She wanted to be cremated and then for us to take the $$ we would have spent on a funeral and throw her a party!!

    So we are....We will be having a Celebration of Her Life in a few weeks.....maybe that will help my healing.

    Be good to yourselves.....I am forever changed....Elysia

    bravo to you for throwing a
    bravo to you for throwing a celebration of your mom's life! i know it will be hard and i can totally understand your feelings of being flung back into another cancer battle with your MIL. just remember to take care of yourself....lean on your family for support!

    take care,
    cheri
  • hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    cher8871 said:

    bravo to you for throwing a
    bravo to you for throwing a celebration of your mom's life! i know it will be hard and i can totally understand your feelings of being flung back into another cancer battle with your MIL. just remember to take care of yourself....lean on your family for support!

    take care,
    cheri

    Still numb...
    5 weeks today since I lost mom. My mother in law lost her battle with EC this past Sunday..it has been such a tough few months.

    We are having a Celebration of Moms Life on Saturday...just like she wanted! A Party!! DJ, dance floor, bar and food!!

    I am hoping this will help bring me some closure of some sort.

    Thanks all
    Elysia
  • groundhog
    groundhog Member Posts: 44
    hope0310 said:

    Still numb...
    5 weeks today since I lost mom. My mother in law lost her battle with EC this past Sunday..it has been such a tough few months.

    We are having a Celebration of Moms Life on Saturday...just like she wanted! A Party!! DJ, dance floor, bar and food!!

    I am hoping this will help bring me some closure of some sort.

    Thanks all
    Elysia

    celebration of life
    So sorry to hear of your loss of your mom and mom in law, I know you've been tried and strained to keep it together. A very dear friend and neighbor of ours here instructed everyone to celebrate his life when he passed away. This we did , and I think everyone walked away feeling so much better even at such a loss. So do as she instructed you to do and i'm sure you will see this will bring the closure you are so much in need of.

    Best wishes to you and your family

    groundhog
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    hope0310 said:

    Still numb...
    5 weeks today since I lost mom. My mother in law lost her battle with EC this past Sunday..it has been such a tough few months.

    We are having a Celebration of Moms Life on Saturday...just like she wanted! A Party!! DJ, dance floor, bar and food!!

    I am hoping this will help bring me some closure of some sort.

    Thanks all
    Elysia

    Try to relax now!
    Elysia,
    So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. She sure didn't last long once she got into the hospice did she? This has been such a rough time for you, so now I hope you can take some time for yourself. You really need to relax. So many of us have had a bad year losing someone we love. I sure hope that 2011 is a good year.
    Hope you keep in touch with us so we know how you're doing. We're like family, remember?
    Take care. "Carole"
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230
    hope0310 said:

    Two weeks .....
    ...it has been two weeks this morning, but it feels like 2 minutes.
    I feel like I have not dealt with it. No closure, no time to process....My kids, brother and hubby are worried about me.

    I'm going to "say this out loud" here, because I feel like I can.....I feel so cheated that within hours of my mom passing we are flung right back into Hospice mode for my husbands mother. Is that bad? It's like...wait...I need a minute..please, I cannot digest the last 6.5 months, much last the final 6.5 weeks on hospice.

    Mom did not want a funeral. She wanted to be cremated and then for us to take the $$ we would have spent on a funeral and throw her a party!!

    So we are....We will be having a Celebration of Her Life in a few weeks.....maybe that will help my healing.

    Be good to yourselves.....I am forever changed....Elysia

    It's okay to feel cheated
    It is okay to feel cheated and like life is treating you unfairly. Just use that to grow, and don't live in that negative place too long.

    My mother died this summer after 4.5 yrs of breast cancer. Six weeks later, my 40 yr old non-smoking wife was diagnosed with stage 4 nsclc at a routine dr visit.

    So I get your feeling. And it is okay. As you said, you are forever changed, and growth will come from that change. As you mention, you have had a lot to digest. But you will, and you will be stronger, and a more understanding person if you choose.
  • ksblack
    ksblack Member Posts: 20
    hope0310 said:

    Still numb...
    5 weeks today since I lost mom. My mother in law lost her battle with EC this past Sunday..it has been such a tough few months.

    We are having a Celebration of Moms Life on Saturday...just like she wanted! A Party!! DJ, dance floor, bar and food!!

    I am hoping this will help bring me some closure of some sort.

    Thanks all
    Elysia

    Hope, you poor Dear. I cry
    Hope, you poor Dear. I cry at thinking of my mom passing from this life and she is 80 years old. Please know that you did everything possible to make her comfortable and she is up there smiling down you every day now. I lost my Daddy 13 years ago and there isn't a day goes by I don't think about him and as crazy as it may sound I talk to him on occassion and tell him I love him. He was my life and I thought I would never take another breathe with him gone form this earth but it seems after everything calms down it gets a little easier to deal with. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you have that party and she will be there in that room with you I can guarantee. Love to you Hope and Prayers go out to you and your family.