Once more : any interesting week end plan or adventure?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
As usual and if weather allowed go to my beach House rest, and a little of
boating! Boring! l Rather prefer an adventure in the Jamaican jungle or so!
Have a Funny weekend .
«13

Comments

  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    How about a paella barbeque?
    We're going to a party at a friend's house (in upstate NY). She's of Spanish origin and flies to Spain frequently to visit family (works for the airlines,an can do that!) She's making a paella over an open fire. We're bringing a side salad and a super pie, plus musical instruments.

    Eating, singing, drinking, dancing, good company - what could be better; a touch of espana in New York State.

    It's going to be a great afternoon/night!

    Alice
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    abrub said:

    How about a paella barbeque?
    We're going to a party at a friend's house (in upstate NY). She's of Spanish origin and flies to Spain frequently to visit family (works for the airlines,an can do that!) She's making a paella over an open fire. We're bringing a side salad and a super pie, plus musical instruments.

    Eating, singing, drinking, dancing, good company - what could be better; a touch of espana in New York State.

    It's going to be a great afternoon/night!

    Alice

    Can she get all the right condiments for the paella?
    How about her paella? And some Sangria too?
    Good Fun!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    pepebcn said:

    Can she get all the right condiments for the paella?
    How about her paella? And some Sangria too?
    Good Fun!

    Knowing her she has everything!
    I'll report back on Monday, but knowing Clara, she has EVERYTHING right. She'll have picked up anything that might not be available here during one of her frequent jaunts to Espana. If she's making paella, you can be sure your mother would approve of how she's doing it.

    Sangria - por supuesto!

    (Hablo un poquito espanol. Je parle francais beaucoup mieux!)
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    abrub said:

    Knowing her she has everything!
    I'll report back on Monday, but knowing Clara, she has EVERYTHING right. She'll have picked up anything that might not be available here during one of her frequent jaunts to Espana. If she's making paella, you can be sure your mother would approve of how she's doing it.

    Sangria - por supuesto!

    (Hablo un poquito espanol. Je parle francais beaucoup mieux!)

    Earl
    My plans are to hide from Hurricane Earl. Actually here on Eastern Long Island we are forecast for more tropical storm conditions than actual hurricane. As long as my power doesn't go out I'll be happy

    Kathy
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    abrub said:

    Knowing her she has everything!
    I'll report back on Monday, but knowing Clara, she has EVERYTHING right. She'll have picked up anything that might not be available here during one of her frequent jaunts to Espana. If she's making paella, you can be sure your mother would approve of how she's doing it.

    Sangria - por supuesto!

    (Hablo un poquito espanol. Je parle francais beaucoup mieux!)

    LOL!
    Alice you got everything for a good meal, despite always y tried to have paella in the US was not the same but don't
    doubt your friend is capable to achieve real paella even in the Wonderful New York!
    Bon appetite ma petite amie!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    ktlcs said:

    Earl
    My plans are to hide from Hurricane Earl. Actually here on Eastern Long Island we are forecast for more tropical storm conditions than actual hurricane. As long as my power doesn't go out I'll be happy

    Kathy

    wow Kathy
    this is a true adventure !
    Keep informing !
    Good luk!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Traveling a bit...
    To Friesland, at the top of the country, to see some wonderful friends that we have known for years....my beau went to University with him in Amsterdam....back in the 60's...ROFL!

    Sunday, going back north to a HUGE 'vlooienmarkt' (swap meet) at the TT center (the TT is a very large motorcycle race....folks come from all over...but it's held in June or July, so the hall will only be for us 'snufflers'....lol!).

    Tonight is dinner at home with friends, and the first full day of sun was today!!!! We biked to the market in the center of town to do our shopping. Every week there is fresh fish, cheese, bread, baked goods, fruit and vegies, new clothing, etc all for sale...and we walk thru a town center that was built in the 1700's...

    Hugs, Kathi
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952
    ooh I love this game
    Had chemo today so my weeekend will be lolling about the house - reading, sleeping, watching bad TV (and I mean bad!).

    But my SPIRIT -- OK -- I'm on a plane for a yoga retreat weekend in Bali.....

    Hope the weather smiles on you

    Tara
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824
    taraHK said:

    ooh I love this game
    Had chemo today so my weeekend will be lolling about the house - reading, sleeping, watching bad TV (and I mean bad!).

    But my SPIRIT -- OK -- I'm on a plane for a yoga retreat weekend in Bali.....

    Hope the weather smiles on you

    Tara

    Hello Pepe!
    I plan to go shopping and spend some money:)

    -Pat
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Jaylo969 said:

    Hello Pepe!
    I plan to go shopping and spend some money:)

    -Pat

    Not much going on here this
    Not much going on here this weekend. I could go to the Ocotberfest at the fairgrounds or the Air show on the lake, but have not yet decided! But Pepe, a beach house sounds fabulous right about now!

    Kathy
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    in williamsburg
    In the land of my ancestors.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Just breathing:)

    Just breathing:)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Jaylo969 said:

    Hello Pepe!
    I plan to go shopping and spend some money:)

    -Pat

    no crisis in the US Pat?
    LOL!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    taraHK said:

    ooh I love this game
    Had chemo today so my weeekend will be lolling about the house - reading, sleeping, watching bad TV (and I mean bad!).

    But my SPIRIT -- OK -- I'm on a plane for a yoga retreat weekend in Bali.....

    Hope the weather smiles on you

    Tara

    Tara what about Bali?
    Not understand properly but sounds great ! are you planing a trip there?
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152
    khl8 said:

    Not much going on here this
    Not much going on here this weekend. I could go to the Ocotberfest at the fairgrounds or the Air show on the lake, but have not yet decided! But Pepe, a beach house sounds fabulous right about now!

    Kathy

    Hey Kathy (klh8), from your
    Hey Kathy (klh8), from your post I am guessing you are from the Northeast Ohio area as those are also two of my options this weekend. If yes, you may want to think about the Great Geauga County Fair also. It's out near Amish country and it's a REAL county fair. Good Times. I used to watch the airshow from a distance with binoculars but I may actually go this year. I'm also going to get to Waldamere park in PA. My kids love it there and this is the last weekend. Have fun...
    Chris
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331

    Hey Kathy (klh8), from your
    Hey Kathy (klh8), from your post I am guessing you are from the Northeast Ohio area as those are also two of my options this weekend. If yes, you may want to think about the Great Geauga County Fair also. It's out near Amish country and it's a REAL county fair. Good Times. I used to watch the airshow from a distance with binoculars but I may actually go this year. I'm also going to get to Waldamere park in PA. My kids love it there and this is the last weekend. Have fun...
    Chris

    nice plan too!
    chris
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    khl8 said:

    Not much going on here this
    Not much going on here this weekend. I could go to the Ocotberfest at the fairgrounds or the Air show on the lake, but have not yet decided! But Pepe, a beach house sounds fabulous right about now!

    Kathy

    Kathy l will try to post some pics on Monday ,nothing special
    Just a nice apartment by the shore!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Sundanceh said:

    Just breathing:)

    Just breathing:)

    came on! sundance!
    cheer up!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    ketziah35 said:

    in williamsburg
    In the land of my ancestors.

    know very little about williamsburg sorry
    but sounds a nice historical place isn't?
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    KathiM said:

    Traveling a bit...
    To Friesland, at the top of the country, to see some wonderful friends that we have known for years....my beau went to University with him in Amsterdam....back in the 60's...ROFL!

    Sunday, going back north to a HUGE 'vlooienmarkt' (swap meet) at the TT center (the TT is a very large motorcycle race....folks come from all over...but it's held in June or July, so the hall will only be for us 'snufflers'....lol!).

    Tonight is dinner at home with friends, and the first full day of sun was today!!!! We biked to the market in the center of town to do our shopping. Every week there is fresh fish, cheese, bread, baked goods, fruit and vegies, new clothing, etc all for sale...and we walk thru a town center that was built in the 1700's...

    Hugs, Kathi

    you are amazing Kathi !
    Every week end a wonderful plan!
    Are you in the lower countries right now isn't? when are you planning to go to the States?
    Cheers!