Feeling Crappy !

Dapsterd
Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Family...as you may know, I have stage3b ns adenocarcin. diagnosed June 1st.

I have had 30 or so Radiations and going into my 8th round of...many more chemos.

Funny thing is....I felt the worse the last two days than I have so far (I know you all know the symptoms of "feeling crappy" !!)

I was starting to think I may actually get through the chemo/rad semi-unscathed.

Is the chemo/rad accumulative? I have about 3-5 rads left and maybe 20+ chemos they say.


Dave

Comments

  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220
    Crappy!
    I went through 4 Chemos and 35 radiation treatments with very little side effects, but about 10 days after last treatments i had some serious fatigue would be out of breath just getting out of bed. Couldn't believe after great report from Dr. i was having these side effects after all i went through. This Crappy feelings lasted about 5 weeks and 2 years now since last treatments doing pretty good. ( I was also nscl 3b) So hang in there it does get better. Best wishes for quick recovery. ... Dan
  • kelli1843
    kelli1843 Member Posts: 72
    Dan620 said:

    Crappy!
    I went through 4 Chemos and 35 radiation treatments with very little side effects, but about 10 days after last treatments i had some serious fatigue would be out of breath just getting out of bed. Couldn't believe after great report from Dr. i was having these side effects after all i went through. This Crappy feelings lasted about 5 weeks and 2 years now since last treatments doing pretty good. ( I was also nscl 3b) So hang in there it does get better. Best wishes for quick recovery. ... Dan

    I think your body can take
    I think your body can take just so much bombarding with the chemo and rad. At least for me. I know I felt my worst during the last week of chemo and lung rad both. (In fact, my dr's postponed my last week of chemo because my blood counts were so bad and I was feeling so crappy).

    I have 4 days of brain rad left this coming week and I started feeling horrible this weekend, I think I slept 80% of yesterday.

    Hoping you feel better soon!
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    Dan620 said:

    Crappy!
    I went through 4 Chemos and 35 radiation treatments with very little side effects, but about 10 days after last treatments i had some serious fatigue would be out of breath just getting out of bed. Couldn't believe after great report from Dr. i was having these side effects after all i went through. This Crappy feelings lasted about 5 weeks and 2 years now since last treatments doing pretty good. ( I was also nscl 3b) So hang in there it does get better. Best wishes for quick recovery. ... Dan

    Crappy
    Thanx all, I have found the "feeling" can change literally by the hour......It is not good for me to get too far from the house and not too long out either! Got to rest (and often nap !!)

    Dave
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    "Still cooking!" (Black Oak Arkansas reference)
    Not only are chemo and rads cumulative, but the effects continue to affect you for quite some time beyond the last treatment, so don't be surprised if you continue to feel 'crappy' for weeks after the last treatment.

    You are basically being nearly poisoned to death, basically being nearly cooked to death. So you can plan on the chemo remaining in your system following the last treatment for at least a couple of days. AND you can expect rads to continue cooking for weeks. Ask RadMan about that, but I was advised that when I stepped away from the last microwaving session, the cooking would continue for several weeks, and others have given estimates of even longer times.

    Hang in there! It does get better.

    Take care,

    Joe
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    Dapsterd said:

    Crappy
    Thanx all, I have found the "feeling" can change literally by the hour......It is not good for me to get too far from the house and not too long out either! Got to rest (and often nap !!)

    Dave

    been there done that
    Hi! I recently went through the 'crappies' myself. I even wrote about them on here because I was getting a little frightened (had a CAT coming up). It's been over a year since I finished treatment so I was sure I was getting sick again. Nothing of the kind ;). Just some residual treatment coupled with anxiety of all sorts and 100 degree weather.
    I agree with Mr Jim Dandy; our bodies are going to take a while to get over all the 'cooking'; patience my dear...
    medi
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    medi_2 said:

    been there done that
    Hi! I recently went through the 'crappies' myself. I even wrote about them on here because I was getting a little frightened (had a CAT coming up). It's been over a year since I finished treatment so I was sure I was getting sick again. Nothing of the kind ;). Just some residual treatment coupled with anxiety of all sorts and 100 degree weather.
    I agree with Mr Jim Dandy; our bodies are going to take a while to get over all the 'cooking'; patience my dear...
    medi

    Jim Dandy
    You made me smile.

    I first scrolled back up to see who that was and then wondered why you would think I was a dandy, and then it dawned on me. Doh!

    Made me smile, made my day.

    Take care,

    Joe
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

    Jim Dandy
    You made me smile.

    I first scrolled back up to see who that was and then wondered why you would think I was a dandy, and then it dawned on me. Doh!

    Made me smile, made my day.

    Take care,

    Joe

    what a belt buckle
    Normal, Illinois; mid '70s opening act for King Crimson.

    It's a good day when I can make someone smile.')
    Medi
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

    Jim Dandy
    You made me smile.

    I first scrolled back up to see who that was and then wondered why you would think I was a dandy, and then it dawned on me. Doh!

    Made me smile, made my day.

    Take care,

    Joe

    what a belt buckle
    Normal, Illinois; mid '70s opening act for King Crimson.

    It's a good day when I can make someone smile.')
    Medi
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

    Jim Dandy
    You made me smile.

    I first scrolled back up to see who that was and then wondered why you would think I was a dandy, and then it dawned on me. Doh!

    Made me smile, made my day.

    Take care,

    Joe

    what a belt buckle
    Normal, Illinois; mid '70s opening act for King Crimson.

    It's a good day when I can make someone smile.')
    Medi
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    medi_2 said:

    what a belt buckle
    Normal, Illinois; mid '70s opening act for King Crimson.

    It's a good day when I can make someone smile.')
    Medi

    1972 in Montreal
    Stopped to see them on our way hitchhiking across Canada, wish I could remember who the other band was.

    *maybe ELP
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

    1972 in Montreal
    Stopped to see them on our way hitchhiking across Canada, wish I could remember who the other band was.

    *maybe ELP

    could be... I believe they
    could be... I believe they turned into King Crimson. gosh seems eons ago...must mean that you are getting older hahahaha!
    ;)
    Medi
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788
    medi_2 said:

    could be... I believe they
    could be... I believe they turned into King Crimson. gosh seems eons ago...must mean that you are getting older hahahaha!
    ;)
    Medi

    In the Court of the Crimson King
    Wow! Talk about bringing back some memories! How wild it is to consider Black Oak Arkansas and King Crimson (to say nothing of Emerson, Lake & Palmer) on the same stage on the same day! Is that eclectic or what? Couldn't happen today. Then again, those bands would have a hard time existing today, wouldn't they?

    Take care,

    Joe
  • zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522

    In the Court of the Crimson King
    Wow! Talk about bringing back some memories! How wild it is to consider Black Oak Arkansas and King Crimson (to say nothing of Emerson, Lake & Palmer) on the same stage on the same day! Is that eclectic or what? Couldn't happen today. Then again, those bands would have a hard time existing today, wouldn't they?

    Take care,

    Joe

    Black Oak Arkansas
    I went to school there in Black Oak and Lost Cain and Manila Ar how funny to see the name as a band!