new cancer pt

lv111
lv111 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
Hi just found out about 3 weeks ago I had a mass on my right kidney about 5cm due for surgery on July 16,2010 a little nervous but know everything will be fine. My surgery will be where they move my 11th and 12th rib to remove the kidney. Anyone else have this type of surgery? Would like more info. Thanks

Comments

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    Ask the Doctor
    It probably is nothing as the Kidney is back up agaist your ribcage, but this is a question for your Doctor.
  • janmoe1
    janmoe1 Member Posts: 1
    going for 6 month checkup
    In February 2010, I had a 5cm mass removed from my right kidney, removing 40% of the kidney. The surgery was robotic surgery and the recovery was slow for me. I am 60. I am scheduled to have my 6 month CT scan and am very nervous that the cancer may have returned. The doctor was confident he removed it all, the tumor was incased and had not reached the renal artery. No invasion of the lymph nodes. I am asking for your prayers that everything will be ok. Thank you.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    janmoe1 said:

    going for 6 month checkup
    In February 2010, I had a 5cm mass removed from my right kidney, removing 40% of the kidney. The surgery was robotic surgery and the recovery was slow for me. I am 60. I am scheduled to have my 6 month CT scan and am very nervous that the cancer may have returned. The doctor was confident he removed it all, the tumor was incased and had not reached the renal artery. No invasion of the lymph nodes. I am asking for your prayers that everything will be ok. Thank you.

    In most cases where the doctor is confidant they revoved it all the C-T scan is just going to confirm that. I heard the same thing from my Doctor and in 3 days I will be 8 years post surgery. Of course I was much younger than you being 59 at the time of surgery.
  • lv111
    lv111 Member Posts: 5
    janmoe1 said:

    going for 6 month checkup
    In February 2010, I had a 5cm mass removed from my right kidney, removing 40% of the kidney. The surgery was robotic surgery and the recovery was slow for me. I am 60. I am scheduled to have my 6 month CT scan and am very nervous that the cancer may have returned. The doctor was confident he removed it all, the tumor was incased and had not reached the renal artery. No invasion of the lymph nodes. I am asking for your prayers that everything will be ok. Thank you.

    After Surgery
    Hi just read your post hope everything is going good for you. I had may surgery on July 16,2010 and everything went very well. Stayed in the hospital about 5 days at home now and about a week afer syrgery the Dr. called and good news it was not cancer. But in saying that try not to worry and pray pray and pray and everything will be ok. So good luck and I know everything will be just fine. I still have to go in 6mos for a ultrasound but I know the Lord will take care of me.You are in my prayers take care.
  • lv111
    lv111 Member Posts: 5
    icemantoo said:

    In most cases where the doctor is confidant they revoved it all the C-T scan is just going to confirm that. I heard the same thing from my Doctor and in 3 days I will be 8 years post surgery. Of course I was much younger than you being 59 at the time of surgery.

    Not canceer
    Had my surgery right kidney removed and thank GOD it was not cancer. Doing good surgery was on the 16th of july. Thanks for your support and by the way I am not 59 I am 55 dont add years ok SMILE.
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,360 Member
    lv111 said:

    Not canceer
    Had my surgery right kidney removed and thank GOD it was not cancer. Doing good surgery was on the 16th of july. Thanks for your support and by the way I am not 59 I am 55 dont add years ok SMILE.

    Keep up the good reconery lv111
    My reference to me being younger than the writer at 59 was to janmoe1 who identified herself as 60 not to lv111. So I was not adding years to the life of lv111. That is for lv111 to do in the future.