yelled at

vinny59
vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
hello everyone, just got done getting yelled at from all my Onc nurses, I had chemo yesterday,I went back today for my shot and told them when I was leaving yesterday, I had shortness of breath and my heart was racing pretty bad, It passed about a hour after, they said I should have came back in. I know they are right, I feel like I'm being paranoid about every little thing! Anyone had shortness of breath and a racing heart after treatment????? Vinny

Comments

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    yelled at...
    Hi Vinny...Can't comment on shortness of breath "after" treatment cuz I haven't started treatment yet...but...your Onc nurse is right...don't ignore stuff like that just because it goes away. I have a whole list of things to ask my doctor about today that have been happening to me since our first visit to her 3 weeks ago. Too many questions and not enough answers. I woke up 2 days ago with a lump inside my left ear...everytime I eat I feel full after the first few bites and then my abdomen feels like someone has their fist inside me squeezing...and in the evening my chest feels like it has a weight laying on it and I've lost 10 pounds since May 25th even though I've been eating like normal. So...these are definetely issues I'm going to get some answers on today at my BMB test. I hope the rest of your week goes well for you and you won't feel any "new" boo boo pains. Thinking of you...
    Sue
  • Hoppy23
    Hoppy23 Member Posts: 26
    Hi Vinny. They ARE
    Hi Vinny. They ARE right,you should have gone back.

    But yes, my husband gets shortness of breath ALL the time after treatment. Esp. during the first week while on the prednisone. Even tying his shoes would make him breathless and his heart would be pounding like he was running a marathon.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    Hoppy23 said:

    Hi Vinny. They ARE
    Hi Vinny. They ARE right,you should have gone back.

    But yes, my husband gets shortness of breath ALL the time after treatment. Esp. during the first week while on the prednisone. Even tying his shoes would make him breathless and his heart would be pounding like he was running a marathon.

    cat scan
    thanks for the response's guy's, I had to go get a CAT scan of my lungs because of this, Onc just called me and I have no clots in the lungs,wow what a crazy day!!!! can't take nothing for granted.....Vinny
  • Hoppy23
    Hoppy23 Member Posts: 26
    vinny59 said:

    cat scan
    thanks for the response's guy's, I had to go get a CAT scan of my lungs because of this, Onc just called me and I have no clots in the lungs,wow what a crazy day!!!! can't take nothing for granted.....Vinny

    Glad your lungs are clear
    Glad your lungs are clear Vinny. And I'm sure it was a crazy day, but you'd better be safe than sorry. Take care :-)
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    Hoppy23 said:

    Glad your lungs are clear
    Glad your lungs are clear Vinny. And I'm sure it was a crazy day, but you'd better be safe than sorry. Take care :-)

    tsk tsk tsk
    LOL. I would have yelled at you too my friend!

    I would get a little breathless, would just once in a while take very deep breaths, but always tell your nurses..

    Glad the cat scan was good though.
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    I am sorry!
    In your post to me yesterday where, we were talking about 6 or 8 cycles, I thought you meant your previous chemo made your heart race. I did not realize that was happening at the time or I would have told you to call. I am glad it all worked out OK. I personally could not tolerate the Benedryl they give before the chemo because, you guessed it, it makes my heart beat really fast which then causes shortness of breath kind of like I've been running. Fortunately I knew this about myself already so they used something else. I don't know if that applies to you but never hurts to ask. Again sorry I misunderstood. Mary
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032

    I am sorry!
    In your post to me yesterday where, we were talking about 6 or 8 cycles, I thought you meant your previous chemo made your heart race. I did not realize that was happening at the time or I would have told you to call. I am glad it all worked out OK. I personally could not tolerate the Benedryl they give before the chemo because, you guessed it, it makes my heart beat really fast which then causes shortness of breath kind of like I've been running. Fortunately I knew this about myself already so they used something else. I don't know if that applies to you but never hurts to ask. Again sorry I misunderstood. Mary

    no problem
    No problem Mary,so many things to think about, my head wants to explode sometimes!!!!! hahahaha getting my P.E.T. scan Tuesday to see if R-CHOP is working.... I just keep telling myself one day at a time, control what I can control, the rest is out of my hands.... Thanks again! Vinny
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    vinny59 said:

    no problem
    No problem Mary,so many things to think about, my head wants to explode sometimes!!!!! hahahaha getting my P.E.T. scan Tuesday to see if R-CHOP is working.... I just keep telling myself one day at a time, control what I can control, the rest is out of my hands.... Thanks again! Vinny

    I know right!
    I know the exploding head feeling. Just so much to keep track of sometimes I just didn't know how I felt anymore. But it passes and toward the end of it all you feel more in control. I had my PET scan right before treatment 3 of 6 and had a complete remission. I was fortunate and hope you are too. Good luck. Mary
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441

    I know right!
    I know the exploding head feeling. Just so much to keep track of sometimes I just didn't know how I felt anymore. But it passes and toward the end of it all you feel more in control. I had my PET scan right before treatment 3 of 6 and had a complete remission. I was fortunate and hope you are too. Good luck. Mary

    phew!
    glad your lungs are

    phew!
    glad your lungs are clear Vinny! What a worry!
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    m-star said:

    phew!
    glad your lungs are

    phew!
    glad your lungs are clear Vinny! What a worry!

    phew!
    I know, all I kept thinking was I'm going to have to stay in the hospital, they would not let me leave until they read the results.... still I feel relieved!!! hahahaha
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032

    I know right!
    I know the exploding head feeling. Just so much to keep track of sometimes I just didn't know how I felt anymore. But it passes and toward the end of it all you feel more in control. I had my PET scan right before treatment 3 of 6 and had a complete remission. I was fortunate and hope you are too. Good luck. Mary

    I know right!
    Thanks Mary, Tuesday will tell!!!!!!!!! ready either way!
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    vinny59 said:

    I know right!
    Thanks Mary, Tuesday will tell!!!!!!!!! ready either way!

    Good plan. Good luck.

    Good plan. Good luck.