one down 7 to go!!!!

vinny59
vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
Hey Guy's had first round of R-CHOPS, 8 hrs. in fact, you know it's a long day when your IPOD runs out of a full charge!!! hahahaha. The worst part was I just had my port put in yesterday, but once it heals I know I'm going to appreciate that I had it put in this time! I have to go back tomorrow for that shot that hurts like hell, can't think of the name, sorry. Going to try to work tomorrow, till I can't. Keep the faith! Vinny
«1

Comments

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401
    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND
    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND IT DID NOT HURT AT ALL. JUST A SLIGHT BEE STING FEEL,
    THATS ALL. ITS CALLED NEULESTRA TO BUILD UP THE WHITE BLOOD CELLS. THEY TOLD ME TOMORROW I WOULD HAVE SOME BONE SORENESS DUE TO THE STIMULATION OF THE BONE MARROW. THEY SAID TYLENOL SHOULD HELP SOME.DO NOT USE ASPIRIN. JOHN
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    COBRA666 said:

    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND
    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND IT DID NOT HURT AT ALL. JUST A SLIGHT BEE STING FEEL,
    THATS ALL. ITS CALLED NEULESTRA TO BUILD UP THE WHITE BLOOD CELLS. THEY TOLD ME TOMORROW I WOULD HAVE SOME BONE SORENESS DUE TO THE STIMULATION OF THE BONE MARROW. THEY SAID TYLENOL SHOULD HELP SOME.DO NOT USE ASPIRIN. JOHN

    Congratulations Guys!
    Congrats on the 1st down! Hopefully you both are feeling good. I was very fortunate and did not have to have the shots because my counts stayed good. I have heard from people the bone soreness gets pretty bad at times, but I AM A WIMP....I admit it.

    My docs office has individual rooms with just a few rooms that have more than one chair and each room has a tv and lots of movies to choose from, and of course the recliners make it easy to sleep some of the day away....between the trips to the bathroom.

    Have a good evening and go celebrate, nice dinner etc.

    Take care, and again congrats on one down!

    Beth
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Hi Vinnie
    Congrats on your first RCHOP. Yes the first one is a really long day. But each one after does get shorter. As far as the Neulasta injection goes I had no bone pain with it at all. I had the injections given in my abdomen as I really don't like shots in my arm. If the nurse knows what she/he is doing it doesn't hurt at all and I was told only 30% of people experience really bad bone pain. As a guard against the bone pain I was told by the Oncology dept at Stanford to use Clariten antihistomine. Don't know why it works but people tell me it does. Start the day before chemo and I believe take it for 5 to 7 days. I did not take it because as I said I had no problem. There were a few days I awoke with pain in my lower back but no big deal. Ask your onc when you go for your injection tomorrow. And you really will learn to appreciate your port. Did you get a power port?

    Blessings to you,
    Leslie
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
    yesyes2 said:

    Hi Vinnie
    Congrats on your first RCHOP. Yes the first one is a really long day. But each one after does get shorter. As far as the Neulasta injection goes I had no bone pain with it at all. I had the injections given in my abdomen as I really don't like shots in my arm. If the nurse knows what she/he is doing it doesn't hurt at all and I was told only 30% of people experience really bad bone pain. As a guard against the bone pain I was told by the Oncology dept at Stanford to use Clariten antihistomine. Don't know why it works but people tell me it does. Start the day before chemo and I believe take it for 5 to 7 days. I did not take it because as I said I had no problem. There were a few days I awoke with pain in my lower back but no big deal. Ask your onc when you go for your injection tomorrow. And you really will learn to appreciate your port. Did you get a power port?

    Blessings to you,
    Leslie

    I have had 2 of those shots
    I have had 2 of those shots and it didn't hurt. I have a little bone pain, but not sure its from the shot or just my regular arthritis or fibromyalgia.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND
    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND IT DID NOT HURT AT ALL. JUST A SLIGHT BEE STING FEEL,
    THATS ALL. ITS CALLED NEULESTRA TO BUILD UP THE WHITE BLOOD CELLS. THEY TOLD ME TOMORROW I WOULD HAVE SOME BONE SORENESS DUE TO THE STIMULATION OF THE BONE MARROW. THEY SAID TYLENOL SHOULD HELP SOME.DO NOT USE ASPIRIN. JOHN

    neulestra
    on my way to get my shot! thanks for the info
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    yesyes2 said:

    Hi Vinnie
    Congrats on your first RCHOP. Yes the first one is a really long day. But each one after does get shorter. As far as the Neulasta injection goes I had no bone pain with it at all. I had the injections given in my abdomen as I really don't like shots in my arm. If the nurse knows what she/he is doing it doesn't hurt at all and I was told only 30% of people experience really bad bone pain. As a guard against the bone pain I was told by the Oncology dept at Stanford to use Clariten antihistomine. Don't know why it works but people tell me it does. Start the day before chemo and I believe take it for 5 to 7 days. I did not take it because as I said I had no problem. There were a few days I awoke with pain in my lower back but no big deal. Ask your onc when you go for your injection tomorrow. And you really will learn to appreciate your port. Did you get a power port?

    Blessings to you,
    Leslie

    port
    yes it's the new one, how long did you leave your tape on after the procedure, the tape over the stitches.... thanks Leslie...
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    dixiegirl said:

    Congratulations Guys!
    Congrats on the 1st down! Hopefully you both are feeling good. I was very fortunate and did not have to have the shots because my counts stayed good. I have heard from people the bone soreness gets pretty bad at times, but I AM A WIMP....I admit it.

    My docs office has individual rooms with just a few rooms that have more than one chair and each room has a tv and lots of movies to choose from, and of course the recliners make it easy to sleep some of the day away....between the trips to the bathroom.

    Have a good evening and go celebrate, nice dinner etc.

    Take care, and again congrats on one down!

    Beth

    chemo
    hey Beth thanks for the comments,I wish I can go have a nice dinner and all, but chemo just makes ne feel so sick, I always feel like I have to throw up, wierd when you hear so many people saying that they just feel tired..........like I always say a day at a time!
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Good for you.
    Glad to hear your moving right along and are 1/8 done. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I did have little bits of it usually when I thought about eating but they would pass quickly.I did become the pickiest eater ever even with the Prednisone and never had any appetite and my taste buds were all fouled up. Oddly I craved fruit to the extreme. Hope all continues to go well and you can make it to work if that's your goal. Don't have any feedback on the shots. I never had to have any although they were watching it. My white count would drop but would rebound quickly on it's own. They called it my window or pattern. Days 10 thru 14 were when this occurred and it stayed that way throughout the entire regime. All the best. Mary
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    COBRA666 said:

    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND
    VINNY, I HAD MINE TODAY AND IT DID NOT HURT AT ALL. JUST A SLIGHT BEE STING FEEL,
    THATS ALL. ITS CALLED NEULESTRA TO BUILD UP THE WHITE BLOOD CELLS. THEY TOLD ME TOMORROW I WOULD HAVE SOME BONE SORENESS DUE TO THE STIMULATION OF THE BONE MARROW. THEY SAID TYLENOL SHOULD HELP SOME.DO NOT USE ASPIRIN. JOHN

    You too John!!
    You guys are becoming our new dynamic duo. Keep up the good work. It's funny how we can all have roughly the same treatment but each person is treated in different ways. I did not have a port. The reasons not to have one were valid for me but I will not go into them because it could worry or concern others and it was unique to me. For example when you both talked about the Muga scan and I didn't have that but instead had an echo cardiogram, I now understand why that was. Since I am being treated at Mayo Clinic I guess I will trust their decisions when it comes to my case. Again best of luck. Mary
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401
    vinny59 said:

    port
    yes it's the new one, how long did you leave your tape on after the procedure, the tape over the stitches.... thanks Leslie...

    PORT TAPE
    Vinny, Dr. told me to leave my tape on for 2 days. Did you ever say what your lymphoma diagnosis was? Mine is the follicular type. You may have said in another post but I read so many posts, which is why we are on here to begin with to learn what we can from others and help one another. Just be careful with that port, don't want any kind of infection around that area. I am sure you already know that, but I was told that by so many people after I had it put in.
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    vinny59 said:

    port
    yes it's the new one, how long did you leave your tape on after the procedure, the tape over the stitches.... thanks Leslie...

    Power Port
    I had a very over caring intervention radiologist who installed my port so the procedure for me would be totally unique to me. I had to keep my port dry for 1 wk and go to the hospital daily for him to change the dressings, 8 days. He even came in on the weekends and to out patient oncology the day I started my chemo to redress the port. Stitchs came out on day 8. And I had to wait 5 days before accessing the port for chemo. See what I mean, totally unique to me. My port goes up into my jugular in my neck, a little different also. And I will keep my port in for ever, also a little different.

    Try and enjoy your day. Hope the anti nausia drugs kick in for you. You have already been through a lot.

    Blessings,
    Leslie
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    PORT TAPE
    Vinny, Dr. told me to leave my tape on for 2 days. Did you ever say what your lymphoma diagnosis was? Mine is the follicular type. You may have said in another post but I read so many posts, which is why we are on here to begin with to learn what we can from others and help one another. Just be careful with that port, don't want any kind of infection around that area. I am sure you already know that, but I was told that by so many people after I had it put in.

    port tape
    they told me to let the tape come off on it's own, that you don't want to pull it off, I have Large B cell Lymphoma stage 4.......
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    yesyes2 said:

    Power Port
    I had a very over caring intervention radiologist who installed my port so the procedure for me would be totally unique to me. I had to keep my port dry for 1 wk and go to the hospital daily for him to change the dressings, 8 days. He even came in on the weekends and to out patient oncology the day I started my chemo to redress the port. Stitchs came out on day 8. And I had to wait 5 days before accessing the port for chemo. See what I mean, totally unique to me. My port goes up into my jugular in my neck, a little different also. And I will keep my port in for ever, also a little different.

    Try and enjoy your day. Hope the anti nausia drugs kick in for you. You have already been through a lot.

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    power port
    thanks alot Leslie, you take care too.....
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032

    Good for you.
    Glad to hear your moving right along and are 1/8 done. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I did have little bits of it usually when I thought about eating but they would pass quickly.I did become the pickiest eater ever even with the Prednisone and never had any appetite and my taste buds were all fouled up. Oddly I craved fruit to the extreme. Hope all continues to go well and you can make it to work if that's your goal. Don't have any feedback on the shots. I never had to have any although they were watching it. My white count would drop but would rebound quickly on it's own. They called it my window or pattern. Days 10 thru 14 were when this occurred and it stayed that way throughout the entire regime. All the best. Mary

    good for you
    Thanks for the response Mary,love to hear the feed back!
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032

    You too John!!
    You guys are becoming our new dynamic duo. Keep up the good work. It's funny how we can all have roughly the same treatment but each person is treated in different ways. I did not have a port. The reasons not to have one were valid for me but I will not go into them because it could worry or concern others and it was unique to me. For example when you both talked about the Muga scan and I didn't have that but instead had an echo cardiogram, I now understand why that was. Since I am being treated at Mayo Clinic I guess I will trust their decisions when it comes to my case. Again best of luck. Mary

    youtoo John!!!
    it really is funny how we all react differently, John and I are going to kick this cancer right in the butt!!!!! hahahahaha thanks again Mary
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043

    Good for you.
    Glad to hear your moving right along and are 1/8 done. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I did have little bits of it usually when I thought about eating but they would pass quickly.I did become the pickiest eater ever even with the Prednisone and never had any appetite and my taste buds were all fouled up. Oddly I craved fruit to the extreme. Hope all continues to go well and you can make it to work if that's your goal. Don't have any feedback on the shots. I never had to have any although they were watching it. My white count would drop but would rebound quickly on it's own. They called it my window or pattern. Days 10 thru 14 were when this occurred and it stayed that way throughout the entire regime. All the best. Mary

    Fresh peaches
    I ate about 5-6 peaches every day during chemo, couldn't get enough of them. Course I gained 30 pounds during chemo 4.5 months.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    dixiegirl said:

    Fresh peaches
    I ate about 5-6 peaches every day during chemo, couldn't get enough of them. Course I gained 30 pounds during chemo 4.5 months.

    Fresh peaches
    really, my last bout with chemo I lost 30lbs. I was on Cysplatin....... that is what they give me for my head and neck, I'm getting nervious because I bulked up and gained about 20 lbs. because of what happened last time, oh well we will see.................
  • gypsy22
    gypsy22 Member Posts: 17
    vinny59 said:

    port tape
    they told me to let the tape come off on it's own, that you don't want to pull it off, I have Large B cell Lymphoma stage 4.......

    Wishing you well
    My mom has Large B cell stage 4 as well. I am a long distance caregiver. I travel for her R-Chop and shot. I want her closer yet I did not want to wait any longer for her treatment.

    We are having our 3rd round next week. One of the hardest for me to handle is the unknown. She had no symptoms so it has been real hard for me to understand.

    Thanks for allowing me to see how others are going with this treatment.
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    vinny59 said:

    Fresh peaches
    really, my last bout with chemo I lost 30lbs. I was on Cysplatin....... that is what they give me for my head and neck, I'm getting nervious because I bulked up and gained about 20 lbs. because of what happened last time, oh well we will see.................

    Weight Gain
    Vinny, I didn't gain weight on my RCHOP but lost 6 pounds. Guess I always like to buck the trends. Because I was so fearful of gaining a lot of weight I really watched what I put in my mouth, tried to eat good healthy foods. But really rarely ever felt like eating as nothing but sugars tasted good. So are pastries a good health food?
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    vinny59 said:

    Fresh peaches
    really, my last bout with chemo I lost 30lbs. I was on Cysplatin....... that is what they give me for my head and neck, I'm getting nervious because I bulked up and gained about 20 lbs. because of what happened last time, oh well we will see.................

    Vinny
    Eat when you want to my friend. Your body needs all the help it can get to fight this stuff. I gained 30 pounds, but I desperately needed it. I am probably at a much healthier weight now.

    I hope your feeling ok for the weekend. I know this is the beginning of the bad time for you. My heart goes out to you for having to deal with this, but you CAN do this!
    Rest, take a load off and do what you can when you feel like it.

    Take care,

    Beth