little red spots

kayebadoe
kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
Anyone know what they are?

Comments

  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!
    I

    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!

    I have had them for years now.They are bright red and they are on the section of my body between the tops of my thighs and the top of my chest!
    I did look up online about them but scared myself as it mentioned something about Lukaemia. But onone of my annual lymphoma screenings a few yrs ago,i asked the Registrar about them and he said if i was covered in them,he may be concerned. I counted about 50 of them. I would say the trunk of my body contained the most.I had planned on asking my onc again when i see her as it was her 'under-study' i saw when i asked about them.

    If you find out what they are,please let me know!

    Kay
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
    m-star said:

    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!
    I

    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!

    I have had them for years now.They are bright red and they are on the section of my body between the tops of my thighs and the top of my chest!
    I did look up online about them but scared myself as it mentioned something about Lukaemia. But onone of my annual lymphoma screenings a few yrs ago,i asked the Registrar about them and he said if i was covered in them,he may be concerned. I counted about 50 of them. I would say the trunk of my body contained the most.I had planned on asking my onc again when i see her as it was her 'under-study' i saw when i asked about them.

    If you find out what they are,please let me know!

    Kay

    Oh I have some bright red
    Oh I have some bright red ones on my trunk but these are new just yesterday. They are lighter red almost pink.
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    I had some pimple like spots on my head at the end of each cycle of cvp+r. My onc told me it was the chemo leaving my body. He just told me to keep my head clean, and they went away after a few days. They never stayed long, but looked really ugly.

    Hope you figure it out or get a better answer from your doc.

    Take care,
    Beth
  • donald51
    donald51 Member Posts: 62
    m-star said:

    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!
    I

    NO BUT I HAVE THEM ALSO!

    I have had them for years now.They are bright red and they are on the section of my body between the tops of my thighs and the top of my chest!
    I did look up online about them but scared myself as it mentioned something about Lukaemia. But onone of my annual lymphoma screenings a few yrs ago,i asked the Registrar about them and he said if i was covered in them,he may be concerned. I counted about 50 of them. I would say the trunk of my body contained the most.I had planned on asking my onc again when i see her as it was her 'under-study' i saw when i asked about them.

    If you find out what they are,please let me know!

    Kay

    small red spots

    Petechia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    donald51 said:

    small red spots

    Petechia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    that rings a bell from when
    that rings a bell from when i looked it up a few yrs ago. I think someone also called them 'cherry' something or other too?? I think if you had an awful lot of them i would mention it to your oncologist like i did. I have had mine that long now,i think if they had been a sign of anything serious,i wouldn't be sat here typing this as i'd be 6 feet under! LOL

    But never ignore something you don't feel is right.
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81
    m-star said:

    that rings a bell from when
    that rings a bell from when i looked it up a few yrs ago. I think someone also called them 'cherry' something or other too?? I think if you had an awful lot of them i would mention it to your oncologist like i did. I have had mine that long now,i think if they had been a sign of anything serious,i wouldn't be sat here typing this as i'd be 6 feet under! LOL

    But never ignore something you don't feel is right.

    Not to worry is what they
    Not to worry is what they said. The NP told me it had to do with my skin being damaged by the sun in the past. I don't know but she didn't seem worried so I won't be either.
  • luvwindycity
    luvwindycity Member Posts: 3
    I have them also
    Saturday is my 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis. I have the red spots also. I started getting them when doing chemo. I have no idea what they are but I'm glad I'm not the only one with them.
  • bobsbarricades
    bobsbarricades Member Posts: 7

    I have them also
    Saturday is my 1 year anniversary of my diagnosis. I have the red spots also. I started getting them when doing chemo. I have no idea what they are but I'm glad I'm not the only one with them.

    I've been noticing just
    I've been noticing just recently some small red dots that pop up on my skin. I still have a slight itch, histamine reaction (rash) from some things and it frightens me, but I have my first rescan coming up so...will post back if my doc knows what is going on.
  • kayebadoe
    kayebadoe Member Posts: 81

    I've been noticing just
    I've been noticing just recently some small red dots that pop up on my skin. I still have a slight itch, histamine reaction (rash) from some things and it frightens me, but I have my first rescan coming up so...will post back if my doc knows what is going on.

    Ok so I showed them to my Dr
    Ok so I showed them to my Dr yesterday. He said they were moles and not connected with cancer or chemo. I had one between my breasts for years, but these just popped up lately.
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043
    kayebadoe said:

    Ok so I showed them to my Dr
    Ok so I showed them to my Dr yesterday. He said they were moles and not connected with cancer or chemo. I had one between my breasts for years, but these just popped up lately.

    Mine told me
    My doctor smiled at me and said what I was seeing was age spots. He started looking all over my body looking for more but didn't see any at the time. It was funny
  • donald51
    donald51 Member Posts: 62
    dixiegirl said:

    Mine told me
    My doctor smiled at me and said what I was seeing was age spots. He started looking all over my body looking for more but didn't see any at the time. It was funny

    Little Red Spots
    The most probable cause or explanation for your little red spots that look like moles(that do not stay red)could be as follows:

    A petechia (pronounced /pɨˈtiːkiə/, plural petechiae /pɨˈtiːkɪ.iː/) is a small (1-2mm) red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels)[1].

    The most common cause of petechiae is through physical trauma such as a hard bout of coughing, vomiting or crying, which can result in facial petechiae, especially around the eyes. Petechiae in this instance are completely harmless and usually disappear within a few days. Petechiae may be a sign of thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) when platelet function is inhibited (e.g., as a side effect of medications or during certain infections), or in clotting factor deficiencies[1]. They may also occur when excessive pressure is applied to tissue (e.g., when a tourniquet is applied to an extremity or with excessive coughing).

    If unsure, petechiae should always be quickly investigated. They can be interpreted as vasculitis, an inflammation of the blood vessels, which requires immediate treatment to prevent permanent damage. Some malignancies can also cause petechiae to appear. Petechiae should be investigated by a doctor to rule out the more dangerous conditions. Dermatologists can be the most helpful specialists in these conditions because they can more easily identify if the condition is petechiae or some similar looking but less worrisome rash.

    The significance of petechiae in children depends on the clinical context in which they arise. Petechiae in children can occur with viral infections. In this instance, they do not necessarily signify a serious illness. However, they are a hallmark signal of some potentially serious illnesses, such as meningococcemia, leukemia, and certain causes of thrombocytopenia. Therefore, their presence should not be ignored.

    Good luck to you all,
    Stay Strong and Positive†