Hello again

vjireton58
vjireton58 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I wrote on the board about 2 weeks ago, the heading I believe was "Husband" I was fearful of his robotic surgery on April 10th at Kaiser west LA. Well he did have the surgery to remove the prostate and pelvic lymph nodes, all went well, no complications Thank GOD. Tomorrow he is having the cath removed and the Dr is going to go over the path report, I am very optimistic... The cath has been an inconvience but he has delt with it no complaining. After surgery he was sick and vomiting for 2 days from the anestetic and pain medicine but by Sunday night not to bad. The gas pains and the staples above the belly button are very painful. We have walked everyday since he came home we try to go farther and farther each time, he does get tired fast and usally will take an hour nap after the walk. I know that my Husband is so very glad that he chose robotic surgery, every day he is stronger and just very happy that the surgery is now behind us. I know that the next 3 years of PSA test every 3 months will be difficult emotionaly, but we are strong and will get through this together. I thank everyone that writes on this message board. All of the advise, comments, wisdom and compassion is so very comforting. I am trying to get my Husband to write, he will eventually. God Bless everyone out there that has been through this and will go through this. I pray for a cure :) "GO ROBOT"

Comments

  • gumbyrun
    gumbyrun Member Posts: 58
    Fantastic
    Great news that all went well. I am 6 weeks post-daVinci and seeing the doctor on Wednesday and will review the 1st PSA number since the surgery.

    I napped quite a bit and used the time to read, watch some movies, etc. Please tell your husband to give it time and he will be back to par before you know it.

    Thanks for the update and please fill us in as the recovery progresses.
    Mike
  • RRMCJIM
    RRMCJIM Member Posts: 149
    gumbyrun said:

    Fantastic
    Great news that all went well. I am 6 weeks post-daVinci and seeing the doctor on Wednesday and will review the 1st PSA number since the surgery.

    I napped quite a bit and used the time to read, watch some movies, etc. Please tell your husband to give it time and he will be back to par before you know it.

    Thanks for the update and please fill us in as the recovery progresses.
    Mike

    Good news..
    I also had mine done at West L. A. Kaiser...one year ago this May...still leak some, can go weeks without a pad, then BAM....back to the pad...I am sure it is my fault to a point....must still live however, pizza is a killer, O J is also....caffine, tomato products, and some juices, all a killer on my bladder...but I love my pizza.. so I pay the price....but I am working on it...hopefully your husband won't suffer the same fate.....
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Congrats that the surgery is
    Congrats that the surgery is behind you and your husband. Keep us updated on his path report.
    Depending on the Overall Gleason will factor into if you have to go every three months or every six months for PSA Testing.

    Larry
  • spottydog10
    spottydog10 Member Posts: 73
    lewvino said:

    Congrats that the surgery is
    Congrats that the surgery is behind you and your husband. Keep us updated on his path report.
    Depending on the Overall Gleason will factor into if you have to go every three months or every six months for PSA Testing.

    Larry

    Well, it's recovery time
    Well, it's recovery time now.
    Lot's of walking, then rest and fluids.
    I treated my self with the sports channels for football
    to help me relax (real football, not like what you americans like...:)
    read lots and took it easy.
    Best wishes
    Mike
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 802 Member

    Well, it's recovery time
    Well, it's recovery time now.
    Lot's of walking, then rest and fluids.
    I treated my self with the sports channels for football
    to help me relax (real football, not like what you americans like...:)
    read lots and took it easy.
    Best wishes
    Mike

    Do not worry my #3 son (have
    Do not worry my #3 son (have 4) got a college scholarship this year to play Rugby at a college in the USA (more than half of the team is from South Africa)...and they kick some serious **** this past weekend hard to believe that the USA is recognizing this as a sport now...I am sure we will see Rugby as an Olympic sport soon too….
  • spottydog10
    spottydog10 Member Posts: 73
    bdhilton said:

    Do not worry my #3 son (have
    Do not worry my #3 son (have 4) got a college scholarship this year to play Rugby at a college in the USA (more than half of the team is from South Africa)...and they kick some serious **** this past weekend hard to believe that the USA is recognizing this as a sport now...I am sure we will see Rugby as an Olympic sport soon too….

    Well, I actually meant what
    Well, I actually meant what you call soccer, we call it football.
    I support the mighty Everton FC.
    We had Landon Donovon on loan for a couple of months, great lad.
    Well done to the son on a rugby scholarship, it's a hard man's game...

    Mike
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 802 Member

    Well, I actually meant what
    Well, I actually meant what you call soccer, we call it football.
    I support the mighty Everton FC.
    We had Landon Donovon on loan for a couple of months, great lad.
    Well done to the son on a rugby scholarship, it's a hard man's game...

    Mike

    now you have it
    now you have it wrong...rugby is footbal :-)
  • spottydog10
    spottydog10 Member Posts: 73
    bdhilton said:

    now you have it
    now you have it wrong...rugby is footbal :-)

    We invented it...:)
    "The

    We invented it...:)

    "The game of football is any of several similar team sports, of similar origins which involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot in an attempt to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer".