Question of the week ~

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Question on the week ~ When did you first see your husband / wife?
«1

Comments

  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980
    At work
    I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working day shift and a friend of mine asked if we could trade shifts for a day because he had a court that he needed to go to. I remember waking into the building and going to the 2nd floor nurses station to get my list of patients and report and there she was!! OMG........ It was love at first sight.
  • TxKayaker
    TxKayaker Member Posts: 176

    At work
    I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working day shift and a friend of mine asked if we could trade shifts for a day because he had a court that he needed to go to. I remember waking into the building and going to the 2nd floor nurses station to get my list of patients and report and there she was!! OMG........ It was love at first sight.

    Got a look at her from
    Got a look at her from behind on a Sierra Club backpacking trip in Oklahoma. After that two friends of mine set me up with her a couple of weeks later and the rest is history I tell everyone we meet in the woods.
  • C Dixon
    C Dixon Member Posts: 201
    Happening #5
    I met my husband when I was 16 and he was 14 at a church retreat at Camp St. Christopher in Charleston, SC. We became instant friends and got married when I was 26 and he was 24. He is my best friend and the biggest blessing in my life.
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824
    In my bedroom
    My younger sister had just started dating him and brought him home to meet me.I was doing some work in my room so in they came.Instant attraction. Sister wasn't serious about him so I got him. I think she lived to regret her generosity. 38th wedding anniversary coming up May 1.

    -Pat
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942
    40 years ago on Saturday
    I was sent by Tift Baptist Women's College to a cotillion / formal dance as a date for one of the Officers (Officer Candidate School). The next dance, my college big sister set me up with a guy 'you'll just LOVE'. I first saw him coming toward me in the parking lot and it was love at first sight. Two weeks later we were engaged and 5 1/2 months later we were married. Yes, I wore white!!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Mail Order Bride
    I ordered her out of a catalog, LOL:)

    -Craig
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
    Jaylo969 said:

    In my bedroom
    My younger sister had just started dating him and brought him home to meet me.I was doing some work in my room so in they came.Instant attraction. Sister wasn't serious about him so I got him. I think she lived to regret her generosity. 38th wedding anniversary coming up May 1.

    -Pat

    LOL
    Ya had me at the intro :)! congrats on the 38 it is a tribute to you both!
  • Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95
    Sundanceh said:

    Mail Order Bride
    I ordered her out of a catalog, LOL:)

    -Craig

    Summer love
    Chip & I worked at the State park - his grandparents had a lake house on the lake I grew up on...he & I dated every Memorial Day thru Labor Day - and finally figured it out in 1994....after college and grad school - his aviation career (California - then back to Pittsburgh) and the death of my godmother brought us back together (she adored him - and when I called him to tell him of her funeral and I would be in his area - he met me) dated Feb thru April, then engaged - married in October 1994! I love my husband and he is my sole mate!

    Craig - you make me laugh!!!!
  • greybeard64
    greybeard64 Member Posts: 254

    At work
    I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working day shift and a friend of mine asked if we could trade shifts for a day because he had a court that he needed to go to. I remember waking into the building and going to the 2nd floor nurses station to get my list of patients and report and there she was!! OMG........ It was love at first sight.

    double date
    She, like I, was with another during our high school days, and we use to double date. Thought she was fantastic then but... We met again while I was in the service. We were both 1,000 miles from home at the time. Everyone also thought we were insane for how quickly things moved after we "ran into" each other again. Call it destiny or whatever but we married very soon after and will be celebrating 25 years on the 25th of May. She is my one and only, best friend, life saver, soulmate, rock, heart beat, princess....

    "Nothing that I am able to give to her do I find worthy of her, and only in this way do I discover that I am a poor man. And so I give to her the only thing that I possess-myself"

    that is a edited quote but sums up how I feel about my wife to a "T"

    This is a nice string to follow, great question!! and congrats to all who post with such nice things to say about their significant others!
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    At work
    I was a waitress at Brooklynn Grill he asked me out for a few months before I would go out with him, I was going thru a divorce at the time finaly agreed to go out with him been living togather since 3rd date been married 19 years togather a little over 20 years
    I used to be really independant til he came along and I would be so lost without him
    We do have our fights over stupid things like everyone but making up is fun,
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606
    picked her up
    I met(picked her up) my wife at a drive in hamburger hang out on Valentines Day. I had been out playing in the creeks with my jeep and both the jeep and I were covered in mud.

    I saw her in a little Mustang and just got in gave her a hug and told her I loved her. On our second date I asked her to marry me. I had been drinking at the time. On the third date she said that she thought about it and also thought we should get married. Damn, I was sober then, but I agreed. We got married that June as we had to wait for her to graduate from high school.

    The funny part is everyone thought it was a shotgun marriage. We did not have our first child for 2 years. This June will be our 45th.
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Kerry S said:

    picked her up
    I met(picked her up) my wife at a drive in hamburger hang out on Valentines Day. I had been out playing in the creeks with my jeep and both the jeep and I were covered in mud.

    I saw her in a little Mustang and just got in gave her a hug and told her I loved her. On our second date I asked her to marry me. I had been drinking at the time. On the third date she said that she thought about it and also thought we should get married. Damn, I was sober then, but I agreed. We got married that June as we had to wait for her to graduate from high school.

    The funny part is everyone thought it was a shotgun marriage. We did not have our first child for 2 years. This June will be our 45th.

    It was July 15, 1995 and it was 102 degrees in Brooklyn
    and my stomach started hurting while I was on the beach. I was starting to go home(15-20 minute walk away-the way I walked then was quickly) when I decided to go to the notorious Bay One, where I had a bunch of friends where I could leave my stuff and do my business in the ocean rather than go home and come back.There was this woman I'd never seen before lying there on a blanket among some friends so after I came out of the water, for some reason, I just walked over and shook my wet hair over her (mine was halfway down my back then, hers longer) and laughed when she cursed me out. We've more or less been together since. She's done some real nasty stuff to me over the years but since DX, I'm alive because of her. Its changed her as it has myself. For reasons I won't go into, we can't get married so we just live together and thats how its gonna be forever....steve
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456
    coloCan said:

    It was July 15, 1995 and it was 102 degrees in Brooklyn
    and my stomach started hurting while I was on the beach. I was starting to go home(15-20 minute walk away-the way I walked then was quickly) when I decided to go to the notorious Bay One, where I had a bunch of friends where I could leave my stuff and do my business in the ocean rather than go home and come back.There was this woman I'd never seen before lying there on a blanket among some friends so after I came out of the water, for some reason, I just walked over and shook my wet hair over her (mine was halfway down my back then, hers longer) and laughed when she cursed me out. We've more or less been together since. She's done some real nasty stuff to me over the years but since DX, I'm alive because of her. Its changed her as it has myself. For reasons I won't go into, we can't get married so we just live together and thats how its gonna be forever....steve

    His first day on the job

    Hi,
    I met my boyfriend, Rick, at work, it was his first day on the job. My secretary was busy, so I offered to pick up the new guy from the front desk. I knew that he was "the one" as soon as I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. I checked his ring finger, no ring, so I was quite hopeful. Over the next few days I kept bugging the secretary to get him to fill out his personal information sheet so that I could see if he was single. She took the more direct route and simply marched into his office and said, "Cynthia wants to know if you're available." He told her yes, but she didn't tell me! The next day he asked me out to dinner and we haven't been apart since - it will be two years in May. As I often tell him, he is the love of my life, and I can't imagine life without him.

    - Cynthia
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479
    Online...virtually...
    ...and at the Iron Hill Brewery...actually. We "met" through an online dating service, talked on the phone and I just loved his voice. It was calm and reassuring even then. Our first date was on April 22, 2007 (our 3 year anniversary is coming up!) and after dinner in West Chester, PA, and a short walk, he was so nice that I wanted to see him again.
    We've both been divorced and this is our "mid-life love." He's a wonderful man and I'm very grateful.
    Audrey
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 586
    hmm....
    wife, wife, wife - YES, yes, the redhead! I met her in college. Her hair was like fire and it drove me insane. Still it took a year before we started dating and two years before we married. Biggest mistake of my life was not to marry this wonderful woman the moment I met her or perhaps even sooner before she had an opportunity to learn what I was really like. It will be 29 years on May 16!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    True love
    I first saw my husband when he came into the medical library where I had recently started working. He also worked there in another department. At the time I had a terrible throat infection and had lost my voice (had to take speech therapy to regain my voice). So I replied to his conversation by writing notes (little did he know how much I can talk!). When he came back in my office later after a break, he brought me a balloon and a box of raisins to welcome me to the job. I still have the empty raisin box! We married 1 year and 3 days after we met, and it's been 34 years. It's a good thing...


    *hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    tootsie1 said:

    True love
    I first saw my husband when he came into the medical library where I had recently started working. He also worked there in another department. At the time I had a terrible throat infection and had lost my voice (had to take speech therapy to regain my voice). So I replied to his conversation by writing notes (little did he know how much I can talk!). When he came back in my office later after a break, he brought me a balloon and a box of raisins to welcome me to the job. I still have the empty raisin box! We married 1 year and 3 days after we met, and it's been 34 years. It's a good thing...


    *hugs*
    Gail

    Same Birthdays!
    As that old 80's song goes:

    "I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, that much is true"....yep,I was a cocktail waitress at a rock and roll club, he walked in to get a drink, I was off that night, so was talking to the bartender, who was a good friend, when he was ID'ing Wes, and he said something about his bday being Feb 17, and I never met anyone with the same bday as me, so I looked at his ID also, and he had such a good bod, a great smile, and beautiful green eyes, not too mention a mullet as long as Billy Ray Cyrus's back then, he was and still is very handsome, and has since lost the mullett look, but he is still a sweet, caring guy, and we get to celebrate our bdays together, (well, at least he can never say "he forgot my bday) haha...

    He asked me to marry him within 3 months, and we were married within a year... everything went so quick, we were/are so in love, we been married for 15 years this July 1, but together a year before that, so known him 16 years :)

    I love all these stories about meeting our caretakers, and caretakers meeting their spouses, what a great subject, it put a smile on my face today :)

    Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Handsome and fun
    I saw him at church, I was seeing someone else, but we were not at all compatible. I started dating Dan and new he was a very good guy. I had a roommate almost move in on "my territory" and that sealed the deal! Our 30 year anniversary is August 16th. He still makes my eyes sparkle when ever I see him!
    Jan
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    thready said:

    Handsome and fun
    I saw him at church, I was seeing someone else, but we were not at all compatible. I started dating Dan and new he was a very good guy. I had a roommate almost move in on "my territory" and that sealed the deal! Our 30 year anniversary is August 16th. He still makes my eyes sparkle when ever I see him!
    Jan

    I first saw my wife in a
    I first saw my wife in a mannequin shop and she came to life it front of my very eyes. Oh wait!, maybe that was a movie saw in the the late eighties or early 90's That decade was one big blur that all ran together. THe real truth is I first saw my wife when I was about 3 years old she was my imaginary friend that grew up to be my imaginary wife. Due to circumstances beyond our control we never had imaginary children. My poor imaginary wife wanted them so badly. I think she still blames me for it. We've had our ups and downs but the sex has been phenomenal.

    Your weird friend and ally,
    Eric
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    thready said:

    Handsome and fun
    I saw him at church, I was seeing someone else, but we were not at all compatible. I started dating Dan and new he was a very good guy. I had a roommate almost move in on "my territory" and that sealed the deal! Our 30 year anniversary is August 16th. He still makes my eyes sparkle when ever I see him!
    Jan

    The weird guy
    I first saw my wife in a mannequin shop and she came to life it front of my very eyes. Oh wait!, maybe that was a movie saw in the the late eighties or early 90's That decade was one big blur that all ran together. THe real truth is I first saw my wife when I was about 3 years old she was my imaginary friend that grew up to be my imaginary wife. Due to circumstances beyond our control we never had imaginary children. My poor imaginary wife wanted them so badly. I think she still blames me for it. We've had our ups and downs but the sex has been phenomenal.

    Your weird friend and ally,
    Eric