Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

An amazing group of people

khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am sitting here at work and checking the boards, and I cannot beleive how wonderful and supportive you all are. I never thought that when I was diagnosed with cancer that I would stumble upon a network of people with the same disease, that can help and guide each other. I have been on another board since my DX, however Ihave found so many more peope here.
I wish I had found you when I first got sick last year.
I am at the end of my treatments, had the ileostomy reversal in Sept and am awaiting a date in Feb for the port to be removed.
I hope to stay active on the boards as no one knows how this will all play out eventually and I need to use your strenght or have you use mine when it is needed.
Kathy

Comments

  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043
    Semi Colons Rock........
    and I think 2Bhealed came up with that...Emily-the juice chick...and they really do..They certainly make my day a lot brighter.......
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Buzzard said:

    Semi Colons Rock........
    and I think 2Bhealed came up with that...Emily-the juice chick...and they really do..They certainly make my day a lot brighter.......

    This Family Here
    Sure makes my day brighter as well! You are a great person Kathy, and hope to keep seeing more of you around, you are ever so welcomed in this family, you just keep posting away!

    Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Shayenne said:

    This Family Here
    Sure makes my day brighter as well! You are a great person Kathy, and hope to keep seeing more of you around, you are ever so welcomed in this family, you just keep posting away!

    Hugsss!
    ~Donna

    Thanks
    I really do feel welcome! And you will see alot of me on this post.
    Kathy
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    Glad you found us!
    Hi, Kathy,

    You're going to like it here - and the food's not bad either. My partner (JohnSFO) had been on another forum for a while as well, but it was sort of clique-ish and he finally dropped it. I found this one and it's been great - these people are the most loving and supportive group of friends a person could wish for. If you scroll through my post "JohnSFO is a Colostomate" you'll get a nice sense of just how wonderfully supportive they are.
    Keep us posted with what's going on with you - even if it's not cancer-related.
    Nice to have you here -
    take care,
    Adrian
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    How Sweet of You
    That was so very nice of you to say to everyone - once you get in, you're in for life - and there are no better people to spend your life with than right here - we've all learned that one!

    Take care
    -Craig
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020
    Welcome
    Welcome,you will find alot of information here,and you can also come here just vent when you need to.I hope every thing turns out ok for you.If we can help,we are here.
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Again
    Amazing! You have all welcomed me in and I can read how close you all are. I am so glad to be a part of this. Anyone here from Cleveland? Yes, I said Cleveland, land of the worst team in the NFL! and I don't even like football, but it is sooooo embarrassing.
    I went today for a port flush and I thought the last time I had the port accessed and it did not hrt was because of the nurse, well lo and behold, Ihave scar tissue and it is not causing any pain when they access. Sure would have been nice for this to happen when they were hurting me every 2 weeks during chemo.
    I am a little nervous, I have my first colonsocopy on the 22nd since the resection, the surgeon said that if it is clear i only have to have done every other year. So, please say a prayer!!!!!!!!
    Kathy
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    khl8 said:

    Again
    Amazing! You have all welcomed me in and I can read how close you all are. I am so glad to be a part of this. Anyone here from Cleveland? Yes, I said Cleveland, land of the worst team in the NFL! and I don't even like football, but it is sooooo embarrassing.
    I went today for a port flush and I thought the last time I had the port accessed and it did not hrt was because of the nurse, well lo and behold, Ihave scar tissue and it is not causing any pain when they access. Sure would have been nice for this to happen when they were hurting me every 2 weeks during chemo.
    I am a little nervous, I have my first colonsocopy on the 22nd since the resection, the surgeon said that if it is clear i only have to have done every other year. So, please say a prayer!!!!!!!!
    Kathy

    Kathy
    I been to Cleveland quite a few times. I live about 4 hours away, in a little town called Middleport, Ohio..going towards West Virginia, I like to go to concerts, and have met Mike Patton, the lead singer of Faith No More, and got his autograph there, as Duane Denison, who I spoke to on Myspace, and he put me on his guest list for his new USSA band, he used to play for Jesus Lizard, I have pics of us all too! I met Duane twice, and his band had to follow us to the same hotel we were staying at, it was a blast having drinks there. We were at the Beachland Ballroom, and Mike Patton was at the Angora, fun times, and am sure we will meet again!

    Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,712 **
    You Are Sweet
    Thanks for the wonderful comments about this board. When you say that to one, you say it to us all, and now you have become such a special welcome part of our extended family. You and so many people make up this special board and for that I'm truly happy. We don't ever want to have to be here, but I can say, that this group of people is a group I would love for us all to get together with and have a campfire. Welcome, again. You are such a great inspiration to this board already. We are truly Blessed. It would have been been great to have you here when you had your diagnosis for moral support, but you found us now, and that is the most important thing. You have a new family :)

    Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,036
    We're glad, too!
    We're glad you like it here! It's an awesome group.

    *hugs*
    Gail