CSN Login
Members Online: 1

You are here

What kind of doctor is the best for thyroid cancer?

lisa 28
Posts: 18
Joined: Oct 2009

I just found out that my cancer spread to my right side of my head.I have follicular cancer.I have had total tyroid surgery 2009.My doctor wants to wait 4 months before he does anything else.I think he should be seeing if it has spread anywhere else.What is the best doctor to go see.I see a endocrinologist. I also have hashimoto's thyroiditis.I have had one dose of radioative idione 131 in oct.He wants to do another one in march.I think he takes to long isn't this serious stuff to wait so lone to deal with? Where is the best place to go thyroidologist,endocrinologist,onoclogy doctor?

Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 2008

Hi Lisa,
I have been a patient with Medullary thyroid cancer since 7/06. I have had multiple surgeries, treatments and test so I guess I've been around the block a time or two. My suggestion would be to see an ENT doc at the closest teaching hospital to where you live. The department will be called Otolaryngology. They are all ENT surgeons that specialize in head and neck patients. You will find your answers there. Endo's can adjust your meds, ENT can directly treat your disease. Good luck, Tom

Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 2009


I am currently at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. I have a surgical oncologist that performed my thyroidectomy (Wonderfully might I add), and now I see a medical oncologist and an endocrinologist will do my follow up care once I am in remission. My surgical and medical oncologists specialize in head and neck cancers and I have been beyond impressed with the care I've gotten.

<3 ,

lisa 28
Posts: 18
Joined: Oct 2009

I go to a endo. doc for right know.But he wants to wait until fall before he does anything else.I don't agree. I think they should do something now.

Subscribe to Comments for "What kind of doctor is the best for thyroid cancer?"