CSN Login
Members Online: 7

You are here

Simply Me- How is your husband?

lisa42's picture
lisa42
Posts: 3661
Joined: Jul 2008

Hi Rose,

Although I didn't reply to your post in early May about your husband (I guess I must have missed it), I just read it recently and I'm wondering how your husband is doing. You mentioned that you both decided on going to Memorial Sloan Kettering for a few weeks in June. How did things go and what is the latest on your husband? I'm hoping that things went well- please let us/me know! (forgive me if you've already posted an update, but I looked and didn't see anything)

I know you've been encouraged by so many of the posting here on this board by people who are stage IV and are definitely far from being dead within two years, as you said your husband's doctor had told him he would be (I'm another example of one- it's been almost 2 yrs since my diagnosis and I'm stable and on maintenance chemo. I have some aches and pains from chemo side effects, but am doing very well overall and plan to be around for many years to come!) I live in San Diego and get my treatment here. From what I've heard, MSK is a great choice of a place to go for treatment.
I'm also a believer in the power of prayer and in miracles. Although I'm still battling some cancer in me, I definitely believe I've experienced some in the course of treating my illness so far. I had a rectal tumor that disappeared completely a year ago March & was able to avoid having a rectal resection surgery. I also went from being initially considered "inoperable" to being operable and having probably 90% of my many tumors in liver and lungs going away. I do know of several others on this board who I'm still battling the remaining 10%, but believe God has protected me from complications and other illnesses. I've literally had just two colds in almost two years since my diagnosis & no other sicknesses or infections at all (except a couple of infected toe nails from Erbitux a while back). I used to get sick all the time before I knew I had cancer. Very ironic, indeed, but I really believe it's been God's "bubble of protection" around me. Others may roll their eyes at that, but that's what I believe. Why then, if I believe that, haven't I been healed completely? I don't know the answer to that, but I do still believe all can work for the good and there is still divine purpose in what I'm experiencing. I'm not trying to preach here, but just share some of my experience in order to encourage you and your husband if you happen to be of likemind and beliefs.

I'd love to hear how your husband is doing- take care!

P.S. If you happen to respond Wed or after and I don't reply back, it's because I'm leaving on vacation for 12 days & am leaving the laptop behind)

Lisa

SimplyMe1
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 2009

Thanks so much for reaching out to us! My husband is doing very well. He has been on treatments since March, and did have some progression earlier, so oxyplatin (sp) was added to his regimen. Luckily, he hasn't had any real side effects from all the chemo. He is not working right now, which is driving him insane, but has been doing some home repairs (badly needed)which he hadn't been able to get to because of his travel schedule. Anyway, I have set it up with MSK for them to get copies of his ct/scans. They are to be informed approximately 4 weeks before the scans are done, and once they receive them, they will decide on a treatment plan. Until, we just go along, trying to make sure we are doing the right things. Thanks Rose.

lisa42's picture
lisa42
Posts: 3661
Joined: Jul 2008

Hi Rose,

I'm so glad to hear back from you, and that your husband is doing so well on the chemo. That's wonderful that he's not having many side effects! You hang in there (and make out that "honey do" list to keep your hubby occupied :)

Take care and God bless,
Lisa

Subscribe to Comments for "Simply Me- How is your husband?"