You have to see this

VickiCO
VickiCO Member Posts: 917
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My dear friend (and the Managing Editor of both the magazines I publish) Kit Robinson is a fabulous, award-winning art quilter. For Christmas she made me the most incredible wall quilt. Last Fall (before DX) I took a drive into the Rockies (about an hour from my home) and photographed the brilliant yellow/gold/orange Aspen trees. One picture of a large stand of trees became an inspiration to me. It calms me and I look at it for hours. Well, she took that photo, added mountains and a lovely stream and turned it into a quilt. I was stunned that she would do this for me.

Go to my profile, under expressions/photos and you can see it.

I love my support team! Vicki

Comments

  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 952
    So beautiful!
    Vicki,

    What a lovely gift for you. I love to quilt (not that I have as much time anymore with 3 5 and under...) and I can see that your friend put lots of time and love into that quilt for you. I love the name as well.

    Are all those leaves on the trees appliqued by hand?
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    mom_2_3 said:

    So beautiful!
    Vicki,

    What a lovely gift for you. I love to quilt (not that I have as much time anymore with 3 5 and under...) and I can see that your friend put lots of time and love into that quilt for you. I love the name as well.

    Are all those leaves on the trees appliqued by hand?

    Thanks
    No, she machine appliques everything. Her machine work is incredible. I, too, love the name!

    Vicki
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876
    Wow!
    That's a quilt? Amazing. What a gift and an inspiration!

    Kirsten
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576
    kmygil said:

    Wow!
    That's a quilt? Amazing. What a gift and an inspiration!

    Kirsten

    double wow
    Vicki that quilt is an amazing piece of work! I too quilt but nothing of that quality....what a wonderful tribute to you

    Mags
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917
    That is beautiful!
    You are truly blessed! That quilt will be a tangible proof to you of her love and I am sure will give you comfort and strength every day! You are a lucky girl!
    mary
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    msccolon said:

    That is beautiful!
    You are truly blessed! That quilt will be a tangible proof to you of her love and I am sure will give you comfort and strength every day! You are a lucky girl!
    mary

    You bet
    I tell you, people step up don't they? I am truly blessed.

    Vicki
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917
    VickiCO said:

    You bet
    I tell you, people step up don't they? I am truly blessed.

    Vicki

    People do step up
    I think we all enjoy helping those around us; sometimes we just aren't very imaginative and don't know what it is we can do. It is a relief when there is something specific we can do for someone specific we either know personally or have heard about through someone/where else. There is no better joy than to be able to put a skill you have to work to help someone else! I can remember back when I went into the office to work and our offices were in the converted garage of my boss' house. I was friends with two neighbor ladies, as I would chat with them while on break. One day one came over to ask if i could drive her to an appointment as they were having car trouble. Of course I said yes and was happy to do it. She was very uncomfortable about asking, but I told her how much I appreciated the opportunity to help!
    mary
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Gorgeous!!!!!
    Such a great friend you have!!

    Hugs, Kathi
  • jillpls
    jillpls Member Posts: 238
    stunning!
    What an amazing work of art! Yes, so many people come out with love and hope when we least expect it. I too have been very blessed.