signet cell

jams67
jams67 Member Posts: 925
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Does anyone know where I can find info. on signet cell carcinoma? My husband's cousin, age 20, had a mass in her colon and was diagnosed with this rare cancer? I can't seem to find much about it. Any help would be appreciated.
Jo Ann

Comments

  • laudena
    laudena Member Posts: 11
    Signet Cell
    If you put the words signet cellcarcinoma into a Google search box, you will get more information than you can possible digest. Best wishes for a good outcome for her.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    I was just talking about this....
    My beau just saw a patient that had this...it usually is in the appendix....

    Please keep us posted...I'm sending good vibes!

    Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925
    KathiM said:

    I was just talking about this....
    My beau just saw a patient that had this...it usually is in the appendix....

    Please keep us posted...I'm sending good vibes!

    Hugs, Kathi

    colon
    This mass was in the colon.
    Jo Ann
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272
    NO!!!
    Dear Jo Ann,

    I am so sorry to learn of Don's cousin's situation. She is so too young to have to deal with this. However, she couldn't have a better team than you two! I know you are already researching and finding the latest information available. Please keep us posted. See you soon.

    Hugs,

    Kay
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    jams67 said:

    colon
    This mass was in the colon.
    Jo Ann

    I'll ask him for more info...
    He said "No more cancer talk today" to me (sometimes he gets hinky...I think he was worried more about my colonoscopy today than he let on...lol...)

    SOOOOO, I'll ask him tomorrow....heehee

    Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925
    KathiM said:

    I'll ask him for more info...
    He said "No more cancer talk today" to me (sometimes he gets hinky...I think he was worried more about my colonoscopy today than he let on...lol...)

    SOOOOO, I'll ask him tomorrow....heehee

    Hugs, Kathi

    Thanks
    Thanks Kathi,
    It's not as easy to find information about this one because it is such a rare cancer and she is so young that it really makes the situation exceptional.
    Jo Ann
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    jams67 said:

    Thanks
    Thanks Kathi,
    It's not as easy to find information about this one because it is such a rare cancer and she is so young that it really makes the situation exceptional.
    Jo Ann

    He's not too familiar...
    He said (my one cancer allotment for the day....lol) that this cancer can also be in the stomach...it IS rare, but the major cancer centers should know how to treat it....

    As I said before, he has only seen it the once, and it was in the appendix, and since he is not in oncology (fertility guy), he doesn't know much more than to refer to a specialist...

    Hugs, Kathi

    Aw, dearheart...enough is enough, already!!!! Tell Don I am sending my biggest hugs...