REMEMBER ME?

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey there, y'all! I've been away, but I'm back!

Writing you from my stateroom in the mighty Coast Guard cutter DALLAS (but I can't tell you where we are because then I'd have to kill you) We've been at sea for almost two weeks now. Hard to believe...

I guess I still have my sea legs because we went screaming into 20 footers at 25 knots (that's pretty fast for a 400 foot ship) on a search and rescue case a week ago and I was fine - although at least 70% of the crew was laid-out. The ship smelled like parmasean cheese (if you know what I mean) for days!

Well, Katie and I completed our cross-country odyssey (3,546 miles according to her odometer - my **** was numb for a week), and we're actually still speaking to one another! Dr. Phil would be so proud. Picked up the cats the weekend before I sailed and got everything all settled in at the new castle. Katie is in charge of art placement and overseeing our new dining room furniture and entertainment center installation during my absence.

We're doing great - although I miss her terribly. I'll be back home in a few... OK... several... weeks though. Then we'll be coming to COLONPALOOZA!!! To see YOU!!!

Yee-Haaw!

Gotta run and catch some bad guys now. Cheers.

- SpongeBob

Comments

  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753
    Who is this??????
    Hey Bob glad to hear from you. Did you get hit by the hurricane????. Be safe my friend.
    God be with all who sail the Dallas. Wasn't that the name of the ship in Hunt for Red October????
    Please give Katie my regards.
    Be well
    Never,ever give up!!!
    Bruce
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Hi Spongebob...
    I'm new to this board having just joined from Vancouver. Very pleased to meet you. I enjoyed your website, pictures, and your incredibly inspiring story. Especially the latest chapter!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Blessings in your work, your life, and your marriage.
    Rob
    "May you live as long as you wish... and love as long as you live." Robert A. Heinlein
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
    robinvan said:

    Hi Spongebob...
    I'm new to this board having just joined from Vancouver. Very pleased to meet you. I enjoyed your website, pictures, and your incredibly inspiring story. Especially the latest chapter!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Blessings in your work, your life, and your marriage.
    Rob
    "May you live as long as you wish... and love as long as you live." Robert A. Heinlein

    Ahoy, Rob -

    Thanks for the note and the great Heinlin quote; he's one of my favorites.

    Vancouver, eh? What a beautiful city. I was there about a year ago for some meetings with Canadian DFO folks. Hoping to be on the other coast in Halifax this fall.

    Welcome to the SemiColons!

    Cheers

    - SB
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
    fedester said:

    Who is this??????
    Hey Bob glad to hear from you. Did you get hit by the hurricane????. Be safe my friend.
    God be with all who sail the Dallas. Wasn't that the name of the ship in Hunt for Red October????
    Please give Katie my regards.
    Be well
    Never,ever give up!!!
    Bruce

    AHoy there, Bruce -

    Thanks for your reply and blessings on DALLAS and her crew. You're absolutely correct DALLAS was the name of the US submarine that hunted R3D OKTOB3R in the book.

    We did catch part of that tropical storm hence the big seas during our search & rescue case. We buried the bow a couple of times and I wondered if we weren't going to become a submarine!

    Hope all is well with you my friend and you are feeling better! How was your cruise?

    Best

    - SB
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188
    spongebob said:

    Ahoy, Rob -

    Thanks for the note and the great Heinlin quote; he's one of my favorites.

    Vancouver, eh? What a beautiful city. I was there about a year ago for some meetings with Canadian DFO folks. Hoping to be on the other coast in Halifax this fall.

    Welcome to the SemiColons!

    Cheers

    - SB

    What a choice saying from Rob, be well spongebob and Katie, and live life to the fullest.

    Virginia.
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624
    Glad all is well and I can't wait to meet you and Katie! See you soon.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272
    Hi Bob,

    Glad you and Katie are doing well. Thanks for keeping our seas safe.

    See you and Katie in Nashville.

    Hugs to you both,

    Kay
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642
    So good to hear from you again,you are very much missed when we don't see your posts,very happy for you and Katie,God bless you both.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Nice getting a post from you stranger! I'm glad you & Katie made the trip safely. Now, we just need HER opinion regarding the journey! lol

    Can't wait to see you both in Nashville....SO MUCH IS PLANNED, YOUR HEADS WILL SPIN!!!!

    Hugs and take care,

    Stacy

    P.S. Anyone still interested in attending COLON PALOOZA 5 in Nashville, just scroll through the search section of this discussion board and look for Nashville, Stacy, or Palooza in a message. WE'RE UP TO 30 FOLKS ATTENDING, AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE!!!
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    spongebob said:

    Ahoy, Rob -

    Thanks for the note and the great Heinlin quote; he's one of my favorites.

    Vancouver, eh? What a beautiful city. I was there about a year ago for some meetings with Canadian DFO folks. Hoping to be on the other coast in Halifax this fall.

    Welcome to the SemiColons!

    Cheers

    - SB

    Hi Spongebob.
    Thanks for the welcome. Halifax is a great little city. Especially beautiful in the fall. Lot's of interesting history.
    Enjoy your summer at sea and your newlywed reunions at home.
    Rob
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610

    Nice getting a post from you stranger! I'm glad you & Katie made the trip safely. Now, we just need HER opinion regarding the journey! lol

    Can't wait to see you both in Nashville....SO MUCH IS PLANNED, YOUR HEADS WILL SPIN!!!!

    Hugs and take care,

    Stacy

    P.S. Anyone still interested in attending COLON PALOOZA 5 in Nashville, just scroll through the search section of this discussion board and look for Nashville, Stacy, or Palooza in a message. WE'RE UP TO 30 FOLKS ATTENDING, AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE!!!

    Hello my SemiColon Friends and Family -

    Yes, my hubby and I did make the cross country journey with little ado, other than Bob singing in the car. I remember doing the head-bob, trying to sleep through most of the journey while Bob drove, but darn, he sings in the car! Lucky for me he has a decent voice. Do I hear Karaoke in Nashville, SemiColon fans??? Make your reservations and requests now...

    Bob is working hard serving our Country, and I must say I'm a very proud wife. I love him and what a true, real life hero he is, rescuing wayward fishermen and more...

    Looking forward to seeing y'all in Nashville - should be great fun. Be sure to sign up now, like Stacy suggests you do. From what I hear, it is an event you do not want to miss!

    Say prayers for our men and women who work hard to serve the greater good for all mankind, to keep the oceans safe for everyone to partake and enjoy.

    Much love to all...the new Spongy wife...
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043
    Welcome back and glad to see you and the Mrs. had a great time cross country. Stay safe and be well! Congrats again.

    Diane
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313
    usakat said:

    Hello my SemiColon Friends and Family -

    Yes, my hubby and I did make the cross country journey with little ado, other than Bob singing in the car. I remember doing the head-bob, trying to sleep through most of the journey while Bob drove, but darn, he sings in the car! Lucky for me he has a decent voice. Do I hear Karaoke in Nashville, SemiColon fans??? Make your reservations and requests now...

    Bob is working hard serving our Country, and I must say I'm a very proud wife. I love him and what a true, real life hero he is, rescuing wayward fishermen and more...

    Looking forward to seeing y'all in Nashville - should be great fun. Be sure to sign up now, like Stacy suggests you do. From what I hear, it is an event you do not want to miss!

    Say prayers for our men and women who work hard to serve the greater good for all mankind, to keep the oceans safe for everyone to partake and enjoy.

    Much love to all...the new Spongy wife...

    Katie,

    Can't wait to meet you in Nashville and see Sponger again. It is so much fun, but more than that...it is a heartwarming experience that you never forget.

    Ya'll keep in touch. Congratulations again.

    Kerry
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    usakat said:

    Hello my SemiColon Friends and Family -

    Yes, my hubby and I did make the cross country journey with little ado, other than Bob singing in the car. I remember doing the head-bob, trying to sleep through most of the journey while Bob drove, but darn, he sings in the car! Lucky for me he has a decent voice. Do I hear Karaoke in Nashville, SemiColon fans??? Make your reservations and requests now...

    Bob is working hard serving our Country, and I must say I'm a very proud wife. I love him and what a true, real life hero he is, rescuing wayward fishermen and more...

    Looking forward to seeing y'all in Nashville - should be great fun. Be sure to sign up now, like Stacy suggests you do. From what I hear, it is an event you do not want to miss!

    Say prayers for our men and women who work hard to serve the greater good for all mankind, to keep the oceans safe for everyone to partake and enjoy.

    Much love to all...the new Spongy wife...

    Hi Kat...
    Congratulations on your wedding and successful road trip. I'm new to this group and am enjoying getting to know folks through their websites. I really appreciated your simple affirmation of family, friends, and faith!! Where would we be without these three?
    The very best to you as you settle into your new home and life with Spongebob. May all of your times together, and apart, bring you blessing and love. With prayers for those who toil upon the sea...
    Rob; in Vancouver
    --------
    "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home... and let the husband make her sorry to see him leave." Martin Luther
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 597 Member
    spongebob said:

    Ahoy, Rob -

    Thanks for the note and the great Heinlin quote; he's one of my favorites.

    Vancouver, eh? What a beautiful city. I was there about a year ago for some meetings with Canadian DFO folks. Hoping to be on the other coast in Halifax this fall.

    Welcome to the SemiColons!

    Cheers

    - SB

    Hey Sponger,

    Let us know when your going to be in Halifax maybe we can get together for refreshments. . .

    Lisa
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610
    robinvan said:

    Hi Kat...
    Congratulations on your wedding and successful road trip. I'm new to this group and am enjoying getting to know folks through their websites. I really appreciated your simple affirmation of family, friends, and faith!! Where would we be without these three?
    The very best to you as you settle into your new home and life with Spongebob. May all of your times together, and apart, bring you blessing and love. With prayers for those who toil upon the sea...
    Rob; in Vancouver
    --------
    "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home... and let the husband make her sorry to see him leave." Martin Luther

    Hello Rob in Vancouver!

    Welcome to the SemiColons...we are such a wonderful, loving and quite funny bunch. Seems to me you'll fit right in.

    Thank you so much for your very kind words. And you're right, where would we be without faith, family and friends? As for me, these are what gives me the most joy, and in rough times, the most love and support. I'm truly blessed to be so rich in all three.

    Your personal page is very cool. While it appears that you have been through quite a lot, you have a great attitude and a wonderful perspective on your journey of life. You are inspirational and that is what this site is all about. The giving and receiving of hope.

    Check out the stuff on Colonpaloza - you can run a search in the browser and see what it's all about. Think about joining us in Nashville in September. It will my first Colonpaloza and Bob's second - we're both looking forward to it.

    Again, welcome and thanks for your good wishes to Bob and I.

    Katie
  • ddwolfe
    ddwolfe Member Posts: 7
    Hay there
    I haven't been around much my self but I did know you got married so many many blessed congrats to both of you.
    I know it has been many months since we e-mailed but life is good and I hope to hear from you and many others too.
    Stay Strong and live with lots of Love & Laughter.
    ddwolfe (Deanna)