Mom's CT scan results

valeriec
valeriec Member Posts: 348
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, my mom is not NED, yet. BUT WE DO PLAN ON GETTING THERE!!! Visit with onc today was very encouraging.

The mass on my mom's left adrenal gland is still the same size, but does show that the tumor has low attenuation, likely necrotic or cystic. Onc says this means the tumor is dying!!! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!! My mom is on avastin/xeloda.

The plan is that she will do one more avastin treatment and then go off of the avastin because they are planning on surgery to remove the adrenal gland-probably second wk in Feb. She has to be off avastin 6 weeks prior to surgery because of bleeding problems. We will travel to Denver, Colo. to do the surgery. Onc was very encouraging today and said things are looking GREAT!! She is even talking about NED now, which she never has before!!

We are planning on hitting these **** CELLS (using your words again, scouty)HARD for the next few weeks. We would love to see the tumor DIE so my mom doesn't have to have surgery. Our protocol is PRAYER, chemo, natural/holistic. It is working so far, today my mom's blood work was PERFECT.

A BIG thanks goes out to all of you for the prayers, and encouagement!!!

Have faith,
ValerieC

Comments

  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928
    That's great news Valerie. Your mother is very lucky to have you in her corner to help and cheer her on. It may be best if they do surgery even if it looks like it is gone to make sure they get it all out of there. It does sound very encouraging.

    ****
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    vinny3 said:

    That's great news Valerie. Your mother is very lucky to have you in her corner to help and cheer her on. It may be best if they do surgery even if it looks like it is gone to make sure they get it all out of there. It does sound very encouraging.

    ****

    Thanks ****,
    I forgot to add...liver, lungs, kidneys, right adrenal gland, pancreas, gallbladder, and pelvic-ALL CLEAN!!
    Valerie
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
    Valerie -

    That's AWESOME news! So happy for your mom and your whole family. Sounds like your treatment regime is right on the money.

    Stay well!

    - SpongeBob
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925
    We all love hear such positive news. You are helping her so much by getting involved and showing her how much you care. jams
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    spongebob said:

    Valerie -

    That's AWESOME news! So happy for your mom and your whole family. Sounds like your treatment regime is right on the money.

    Stay well!

    - SpongeBob

    Thanks SB,
    By the way the MK product is working great-no blisters this time around!
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    jams67 said:

    We all love hear such positive news. You are helping her so much by getting involved and showing her how much you care. jams

    Thanks jams,
    My mom and dad have yet to post on this board(a little shy maybe)-but when I am at there house I share the posts and emails with them.
    Valerie
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
    valeriec said:

    Thanks SB,
    By the way the MK product is working great-no blisters this time around!

    Awesome! Heck if I could incorporate your mom's testimonials into my marketing plan, I'll be driving a pink Caddilac in no time... er... I mean... uh... my FRIEND who sells Mary Kay could be... crap... never mind...
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    spongebob said:

    Awesome! Heck if I could incorporate your mom's testimonials into my marketing plan, I'll be driving a pink Caddilac in no time... er... I mean... uh... my FRIEND who sells Mary Kay could be... crap... never mind...

    SB,
    Just remember, you gave yourself up-your secrect was safe with me, Mr. Macho Sailor Man!!
    Valerie
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565
    valeriec said:

    SB,
    Just remember, you gave yourself up-your secrect was safe with me, Mr. Macho Sailor Man!!
    Valerie

    Great, just GREAT... now I guess I am going to have to assume the identity of one of the other Village People. Should I go with the Indian Chief or the Construction Worker?
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    spongebob said:

    Great, just GREAT... now I guess I am going to have to assume the identity of one of the other Village People. Should I go with the Indian Chief or the Construction Worker?

    SB,
    For sure with out a doubt, The Construction Worker!!
    Valerie
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965
    Got the **** cells on the run you do!!!!!!!! I am so happy for your Mom and your entire family. Give em hell!!!!!!!! Or should I say alkaline stuff, that drives them out.

    I will send you more in a personal email.

    Lisa P.
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348
    scouty said:

    Got the **** cells on the run you do!!!!!!!! I am so happy for your Mom and your entire family. Give em hell!!!!!!!! Or should I say alkaline stuff, that drives them out.

    I will send you more in a personal email.

    Lisa P.

    Thanks Lisa,
    looking forward to hearing from you! I vote for giving them HELL and ALKALINE stuff!! I want them GONE!!!
    Valerie
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Valerie,

    That is wonderful news!!! Wow, your mom's story is truly inspiring. I will keep praying for her. Maybe she won't even need the surgery!!!

    -Lee-
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313
    Valerie,

    I'm SOOO glad your Mom is doing well and her scans are showing improvement. Great news!

    Kerry