CSN Login
Members Online: 7

You are here

Wishing everyone a happy Monday

Posts: 768
Joined: Aug 2004

I'll be heading off for my first "new" treatment this afternoon. Not too concerned about it. I've taken these drugs before ( 5FU and Leuk ).
Just wish I didn't have to travel an hour each way for treatment.

I'm seriously considering finding a doc at my local hospital which is literally 5 minutes from my house. I go to the other hospital because they have the best docs and up to date treatments around. But... the treatment I'm getting now doesn't exactually require much. Just mix up the drugs and give them to me. It would save me 2 hours each treatment. I have to see.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Get out there and do something new for yourself!!


kangatoo's picture
Posts: 2115
Joined: Feb 2004

Hiya Barb--hope the treatment goes ok. I too had to travel 2 hours a day into the city to get treatment. I changed one of my treatments to another hospital while working with my son and regretted it big time. Now that's not to say you would have the same problem but I think that my clinic was more aware of my needs and were better prepared. The local nurses seldom administered chemo and made some bad mistakes. One time they took the meds. straight from the fridge and gave them to me chilled--geeeeeez--did that burn!! Another time I was given a trainee nurse that thought flushing the lines required 5 gallons of saline--he he !
Then I had a nurse that I had to tell the procedure to!
Nah--I stuck with my clinic--at least they are giving chemo all the time and new how to do it correctly. Needless to say I never had it done in our small local hospital again. Of course your local might be fine--guess that is your choice.
luv n huggs, kanga n Jen

spongebob's picture
Posts: 2598
Joined: Apr 2003

An hour commute each way?

That's what I had in DC going to Bethesda - in bumper to bumper traffic.

Barb, that's whatthe Venti cup of Starbuck's Sumatra is alllll about, sweetie! Sit back, but on some Bach and sip away!

Best regards -


Posts: 768
Joined: Aug 2004

Thanks Kanga and "George". Treatment went fine. Took a total of 6 hours start to finish. I'm going to call the local oncologist my hospital recommended. If I like the set up, I'm probably going to go with them. We'll see.

Venti cup, huh? I'd get 5 minutes into my trip and have to stop for a bathroom break. And, my parents, who are very active, insist on driving me. ( I'm almost 43). I basically white knuckle it all the way in!!!!!! I love them, but they are getting older. Add caffiene to that and I think I'd have a heart attack!

Have a good one guys.


Subscribe to Comments for "Wishing everyone a happy Monday"