Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors-

nanuk
nanuk Member Posts: 1,358
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Is there anyone on this forum that is involved, or has been involved in TKI trials? There is one in progress by Novartis-protocol CPTK7870135. It is a
drug that blocks cell growth at a molecular level.
Just wondering about response, side effects, etc.
Bud

Comments

  • aleftina
    aleftina Member Posts: 102
    Nanuk, instead of starting a new thread and asking a similar question about an herb (maybe they are the same anyway), has anybody tried this? Sounds too good to be true but I got from yahoo health, to me a reputable source:

    "ZoonCan, the medicine we recommend here, inhibits cancer directly and boosts the immune system. It especially fits for patients of pancreatic cancer and colorectal cancer, whether be applied alone or in combination with orthodox cancer treatments.
    Main Ingredients: Herba Sarcandrae, also called Sarcandra glaber (Thunb) Nakai
    Main function:
    1. Kill the cancer cells and inhibit the growth of tumor
    2. Anti-bacteria
    3. Boost immune system
    4. Reduce fatigue & prolong life

    http://www.4uherb.com/cancer/colorectal/treat.htm
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Bud
    I think thats the one I was in had to stop after 2 weeks made me very ill.
    Pattie
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358
    pattieb said:

    Bud
    I think thats the one I was in had to stop after 2 weeks made me very ill.
    Pattie

    Hi Pattie: They are offering:

    PTK 787 + FOLFOX -4 and/or
    PlACEBO + FOLFOX -4

    I dunno, but think FOLFOX - 4 is 5 FU. The study is funded by Novartis. Do you remember what they gave you, and how much, how often, etc? thanks, bud
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    nanuk said:

    Hi Pattie: They are offering:

    PTK 787 + FOLFOX -4 and/or
    PlACEBO + FOLFOX -4

    I dunno, but think FOLFOX - 4 is 5 FU. The study is funded by Novartis. Do you remember what they gave you, and how much, how often, etc? thanks, bud

    The name novtaris sounds like the company that was sponsering the trials I was in thry didn
    t tell me whether I had the drug or placbo. I do know it was in phase 3, I had to take 5 pills a day all at the same time. Are you going to go into this test?
    Pattie
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358
    pattieb said:

    The name novtaris sounds like the company that was sponsering the trials I was in thry didn
    t tell me whether I had the drug or placbo. I do know it was in phase 3, I had to take 5 pills a day all at the same time. Are you going to go into this test?
    Pattie

    no, presently scheduld for FOLFOX 6-(5fu/Oxaliplatin),
    but the study was an alternative choice, and I declined because it was double-blind, and they culdn't tell me whether I would be on Placebo or the PTK 787.. can't get anybody to talk to me RE details on chemo, etc. I think they would like me to go away, as I ask too many questions; proactive
    is a bad word; it's almost impossible to get a straight answer out of them..they also seem to avoid my question regarding Xleoda in lieu of 5fu
    infusion..it's kinda like "shut up and take your meds..we know what is best.