Feb 27, 2003 - 8:01 pm
I am 28 female and went through an operation two weeks ago to remove the whole Thyroid. After the Pathology test I was diagnosed with PAPILLARY CARCINOMA cancer. The doctor was happy that he did the operation and removed the tumor from the left Lobe. Here is the result of the Pathology.
I have so many question and I am looking for someone to answer them for me. Your answers are appreciated.
1) Is this Cancer deadly?
2) How often do I need to take the I-131 test?
3) How many times do I need to do blood test?
4) Can I have children? When?
5) Do I have to test my children for Thyroid Cancer?
6) Is this Cancer going to affect my life?
7) Do I have to be away from children when I take the Radioactive Iodine and for how long?
8) What is the Radioactive Iodine doing to my body? Am I going to have side effects from it in the near future or long future?