Rescheduled first treatment

Texasgirl10
Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My first treatment has been rescheduled for this Thursday. My onc was 3 hours behind this morning, which put me late to get treatment. I was told that they could not do it because the pharmacy closes at 4:00. So now I get to go through all the nerves and upset all over again. Maybe I won't be nervous on Thursday. It's just a pain in the butt. My husband took today off from work so he could be with me. I was planning on working the rest of the week. I'm just upset at the whole situation.

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    That is not right!
    Especially since this was your first treatment. They should have had some consideration as to your feelings and being nervous. That is totally unacceptable. I am so sorry that this happened. Sending you a big cyber hug!
  • Texasgirl10
    Jean 0609 said:

That is not right!
    Especially since this was your first treatment. They should have had some consideration as to your feelings and being nervous. That is totally unacceptable. I am so sorry that this happened. Sending you a big cyber hug!

Thank You Jean
    Aww thanks Jean for the cyber hug. I agree with you, it's not right. And I sure did let them know it too. Now I feel bad because I think I acted ugly. My husband said I didn't, but I know I did.
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I had a similar thing
    happen to me the first time--I had to have oral surgery, so my first treatment was postponed by a full week!
    And each time you go in for treatment, they will do a blood test and may delay if your stats aren't ok.
    So many things are out of our control...this is just one more thing.
    It is better to start the treatment earlier, my 1st took over 6 hours. For my 4th (of 6) treatment on 11/24, they were 2 hours behind so I was there all day again. This has made me realize that it is not up to me and no matter how hard I plan, things will happen as they do (there is a Jewish saying: "Man plans and God laughs")of which I am constantly reminded.
    Hang in there...Thursday will be here soon. (Did you ever think you would be so anxious to undergo chemotherapy?).
    Good luck.
    JoAnn
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    joannstar said:

I had a similar thing
    happen to me the first time--I had to have oral surgery, so my first treatment was postponed by a full week!
    And each time you go in for treatment, they will do a blood test and may delay if your stats aren't ok.
    So many things are out of our control...this is just one more thing.
    It is better to start the treatment earlier, my 1st took over 6 hours. For my 4th (of 6) treatment on 11/24, they were 2 hours behind so I was there all day again. This has made me realize that it is not up to me and no matter how hard I plan, things will happen as they do (there is a Jewish saying: "Man plans and God laughs")of which I am constantly reminded.
    Hang in there...Thursday will be here soon. (Did you ever think you would be so anxious to undergo chemotherapy?).
    Good luck.
    JoAnn

So sorry Texasgirl
    The worst part about the whole thing is the anxiety leading up to it. And now you have to go through it all over again. That really sucks--no other way to put it.

Hang in there, girlfriend. You'll get there--promise.

Hugs, Renee
  • Texasgirl10
    missrenee said:

So sorry Texasgirl
    The worst part about the whole thing is the anxiety leading up to it. And now you have to go through it all over again. That really sucks--no other way to put it.

Hang in there, girlfriend. You'll get there--promise.

Hugs, Renee

You are so right
    You are so right sbout the anxiety and nerves. I'm hoping I won't be so nervous on Thursday.
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193

You are so right
    You are so right sbout the anxiety and nerves. I'm hoping I won't be so nervous on Thursday.

So sorry
    So sorry to hear about this. On your side...think it is totally unfair..would have made a scene myself if husband had taken off work to be there. Hope your Onc. apologized to you and your husband personally. Now you know what the set up looks like perhaps you will be less nervous. Will send positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Sorry to hear that.You must
    Sorry to hear that.You must be very frustrated.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

You are so right

So sorry, You will most
    So sorry, You will most likely be just as nervous on Thursday. Don't worry to much, it's not always to bad. Just make sure you have good anti nausea drugs and eat before you go. Not everyone gets sick and not everyone has a bad time with Chemo. It just depends, on what I am not sure, but not everyone has a hard time. Hugs
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Eil4186 said:

Sorry, I would be upset too
    especially when you are going for the first Chemo. Day off from work for both of you unacceptable work/bedside manners in this office.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Texas girl
    I'm so sorry this happened on your first day of treatment. I had my husband take me the first 2 times just in case I had any reactions. To tell you it wasn't happening until Thursday was a huge letdown. If your dr was running 3 hours late there was plenty of time to let you know in advance. I'm sorry you have to get your nerves under control again for Thursday. Is there anyone who can go with you if your husband can't take the day off? Wishing you well.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

That is not right!

I agree, that wasn't right
    I agree, that wasn't right to do to you on your first chemo treatment. Very, very inconsiderate. I am so sorry.

Sending hugs,

Leeza
  • Texasgirl10

So sorry
    So sorry to hear about this. On your side...think it is totally unfair..would have made a scene myself if husband had taken off work to be there. Hope your Onc. apologized to you and your husband personally. Now you know what the set up looks like perhaps you will be less nervous. Will send positive thoughts and prayers your way.

I didn't make it to the treatment room
    I didn't make it to the treatment room, so I still don't know what to expect. Yes, the Onc apologized for being late, but I'm not sure if he knew I wasn't going to get the treatment today. I'm calmed down about it now & know that I guess I wasn't supposed to get it today after all. Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers, I need them today cause my fuse is short today.
  • Texasgirl10
    cahjah75 said:

Texas girl
    I'm so sorry this happened on your first day of treatment. I had my husband take me the first 2 times just in case I had any reactions. To tell you it wasn't happening until Thursday was a huge letdown. If your dr was running 3 hours late there was plenty of time to let you know in advance. I'm sorry you have to get your nerves under control again for Thursday. Is there anyone who can go with you if your husband can't take the day off? Wishing you well.
    {{hugs}} Char

My husband will go with me
    My husband will be able to go with me on Thursday and I'm so glad. His boss also has cancer and is very understanding.
  • candacemc
    candacemc Member Posts: 21

My husband will be able to go with me on Thursday and I'm so glad. His boss also has cancer and is very understanding.

I'm in Corpus, but am a
    I'm in Corpus, but am a native Houstonian, being treated in Houston. Are you closeby?
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Sorry, I would be upset too
    especially when you are going for the first Chemo. Day off from work for both of you unacceptable work/bedside manners in this office.

Hoping that today went well
    Hoping that today went well for you.

Hugs, Angie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

So happy your hubby can go
    So happy your hubby can go with you, but, sorry for the delay. Good luck Texasgirl!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Eil4186 said:

I'd be nervous and
    I'd be nervous and frustrated too, and, I am so sorry that they did this.

Hoping that everything went according to plan today. Let us know.

Hugs, Diane