HEADING TO MOFFITT CANCER CENTER ON WED.

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Sher43009 said:

Rock On Mama G!
    I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope goes well.
    Sher

Love the photo
    Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. That photo is wonderful!

Suzanne
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Love the photo
    Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. That photo is wonderful!

Suzanne

Hey rocker woman how did it
    Hey rocker woman how did it go?????????????????
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    carkris said:

well it was interesting....
    They pretty much told me that there is not a facility in the usa that would have done anything different than what I've done up until now.
    I saw 2 oncologists and one of them suggested to go off the arimidex because it obviously did nothing to block the cancer from going to my brain. and he suggested FASLIDEX.
    Anyone try that or on it? it does not sound like fun at all. I'm supposed to meet with my onc and they are going to work with her. My Mri of my brain is scheduled for the first week of Jan and we will see what and how the radiation worked and go from there.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Mama G said:

They pretty much told me that there is not a facility in the usa that would have done anything different than what I've done up until now.
    I saw 2 oncologists and one of them suggested to go off the arimidex because it obviously did nothing to block the cancer from going to my brain. and he suggested FASLIDEX.
    Anyone try that or on it? it does not sound like fun at all. I'm supposed to meet with my onc and they are going to work with her. My Mri of my brain is scheduled for the first week of Jan and we will see what and how the radiation worked and go from there.

Mama G
    If nothing else, you went and talked with the oncs and know that you've already done what needed doing. Hopefully the MRI in January will show that rads are working. Stay positive and enjoy the holidays. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You rock it girl!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Mama G said:

Sending you lots of prayers
    Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts Mama G. Please keep us posted!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Questions
    Be prepared by writing down all your questions and concerns to take with you to your appointment. You might want to be sure someone else is with you who can objectively write down answers next to each question or concern. Your mind will be running in every direction trying to absorb everything but missing some things. This helps when you get home and begin to discuss the visit.

Scotch Freckles

I'm sending prayers that all
    I'm sending prayers that all goes well with your appointment.

Hugs, Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    meena1 said:

I just googled Moffit and it
    I just googled Moffit and it sounds like a wonderful place to get treatment. I thought that you were doing better, I have heard that the cyberknife surgery is exhausting. Have they found any more spread? I hope everything works out there, I love the picture.

I am hoping that your trip
    I am hoping that your trip will prove very helpful to you. From what I know, Moffitt is an excellent facility. Good luck!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kylez said:

Sending you lots of prayers
    Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts Mama G. Please keep us posted!

Hugs, Kylez

thinking of you hopingyou
    thinking of you hopingyou are feeling less wiped out. at least you know you have and are doing everything you can do. getting all your info. hoping for a great mri and this being the end of it.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Mama G said:

Mama, that should make you
    Mama, that should make you feel good that you are doing everything right now that Moffitt would recommend!

I have never heard of Faslidex. Is it hormone therapy too?

Good luck with your MRI in January. I will be thinking of you and praying for you!

Sue :)
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Mama G said:

It's good to know you have
    It's good to know you have been on the right track and no time wasted. I have not heard of Faslidex. Is it pill form? infused? Injected? I am praying the Radiation worked very well for you. How did the cyberknife work did that help? You are always in my prayers Mama G. Love the picture wish I had your hair LOL. Take care Darlin Kay,
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

It's good to know you have
    It's good to know you have been on the right track and no time wasted. I have not heard of Faslidex. Is it pill form? infused? Injected? I am praying the Radiation worked very well for you. How did the cyberknife work did that help? You are always in my prayers Mama G. Love the picture wish I had your hair LOL. Take care Darlin Kay,

putting Faslidex on hold for now....
    my onc doesn't agree, so I'm getting a 3rd opinion. About half that hair is now gone from the brain radiation. I'll have to get a new pic.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Mama G said:

my onc doesn't agree, so I'm getting a 3rd opinion. About half that hair is now gone from the brain radiation. I'll have to get a new pic.

(((((hugs))))) to you for a
    (((((hugs))))) to you for a great resolve and wanting everyone on the same page by the time you have your 3rd opinion! Your strength, courage and kick-a&& attitude are truly an inspiration!

Keep us posted~ you are an important member of this amazing family!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

(((((hugs))))) to you for a great resolve and wanting everyone on the same page by the time you have your 3rd opinion! Your strength, courage and kick-a&& attitude are truly an inspiration!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

3rd opinion
    Sounds reasonable. As far I remember your tumor only 5% estrogen positive, probably the benefit of Faslodex is under question. Wishing you a good luck for your MRI.

Happy Thanksgiving
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Mama G said:

THANKS YA'LL!
    I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW BEFORE ANYONE ELSE , I PROMISE. WELL, MAYBE NOT FACEBOOK. AND I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO TELL THE BAND MEMBERS....HEHEHE

You are a real fighter Mama!
    You are a real fighter Mama! Looks like whatever you are doing is working and that is terrific news!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You look great Mama! Love
    You look great Mama! Love your new picture! Good luck with the 3rd opinion and keep us updated.

You know you are loved by all of us and we're praying for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Mama G said:

A 3rd, 4th or whatever it
    A 3rd, 4th or whatever it takes Mama G. Wishing you good luck with your upcoming tests and sending strength and prayers to you!

Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    carkris said:

Rocker woman! I like that
    Rocker woman! I like that and I like your new pic too! Good luck with the 3rd opinion and keep us updated.

HUGS!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Alexis F said:

You are a real fighter Mama!
    You are a real fighter Mama! Looks like whatever you are doing is working and that is terrific news!

Mama G ... Thinking and praying for continued
    sucess .. You are a 'true' WARRIOR .. no doubt about it!

Strength, Courage and Health I pray for you :-)

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

looks like
    It looks like you're headed to a top notch facility. I'm sure you'll have plenty of questions and hopefully they'll have really good answers. Best wishes. Marsha

Glad you are pursuing your
    Glad you are pursuing your treatment by going to Moffitt!

Praying that they can help you even more.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

Mama G ... Thinking and praying for continued
    sucess .. You are a 'true' WARRIOR .. no doubt about it!

Strength, Courage and Health I pray for you :-)

Vicki Sam

Good luck!
    Wishing you good luck and sending prayers for your next appointment.