Had chemo #5 and one more to go......

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My oncologist said we'll discuss my taking Arimidex about one month after chemo is done. My last one is scheduled the week of Thanksgiving. Hubby and & went to vote after I was done. I'm tired and my eyes are not focusing too well. lol

My sister stopped by just as I was finishing my chemo. She had just come from another hospital where she had a CT scan and was mapped for her targeted therapy rads which will start on Thursday. She is so happy that she can do 2x/day for 5 days instead of 6 weeks like she had to do 9 years ago.

I met a young woman today who was pregnant with her 4th child when she was dx with bc. Decisions had to be made and she had a c-section 1 month early and her daughter still weighed 8lbs 15ozs! She can't breast feed because of the chemo but she said it's fun watching her other 3 children give the baby a bottle. She's 4 1/2 months old. When you hear stories like this it really makes you stop & think about your life and living with bc. She had a positive attitude and was taking it all in stride.
Char

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    YAAY!! Just 1 more chemo to
    YAAY!! Just 1 more chemo to go!!! You're almost done, awesome!! I'm glad for you. And HOLY COW - a baby born a month early & still weighing over 8 lbs - that's crazy! Good thing she had a c-section!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

YAAY!! Just 1 more chemo to go!!! You're almost done, awesome!! I'm glad for you. And HOLY COW - a baby born a month early & still weighing over 8 lbs - that's crazy! Good thing she had a c-section!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Char .. 5 down, 1 more to go .. okay - get ready
    for me to sing "another one bits the dust" .. & another down, Yay .. can you see the finish line ??? Hazy, right -- but so close ...

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    VickiSam said:

Char .. 5 down, 1 more to go .. okay - get ready
    for me to sing "another one bits the dust" .. & another down, Yay .. can you see the finish line ??? Hazy, right -- but so close ...

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam

Char, you're almost there!!
    I'm so happy you're almost DONE! And yes, to see others so much younger going through this is just heartbreaking.

Keep up that strength, faith and courage Sister!

Blessings and hugs to you,

Sylvia
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Char your so close to the
    Char your so close to the finishing line...Im so happy for you...it will be over before you know it!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

*hugs*
    Heather

1 to go! That is great and
    1 to go! That is great and can't wait to celebrate your being a chemo grad!

Hugs, Megan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jo jo said:

Char your so close to the
    Char your so close to the finishing line...Im so happy for you...it will be over before you know it!

The finish line is right
    The finish line is right here for you now Char. We are all waiting at it with our big signs saying congrats and lots of smiles for you.

Sue :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Ritzy said:

The finish line is right
    The finish line is right here for you now Char. We are all waiting at it with our big signs saying congrats and lots of smiles for you.

Sue :)

Good for you!!
    So happy you are this close, it will be over before you know it!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So happy for you only one
    So happy for you only one more chemo to go that's great!! One step closer to the end your doing great keep up the good work. Your always in my prayers. Take care Kay
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Good for you!!
    So happy you are this close, it will be over before you know it!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

This is great! One more
    This is great! One more chemo and you are finished! I think I hear party time?

Hugs, Diane
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Char,
    Almost there!!!!!! Can you see the bright light at the end of the tunnel? Hang in there. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Jean