arimidex... so far so good.

Mama G
Mama G Member Posts: 762
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The only side effects I'm having is sleeplessness. Anyone else have that and what did you do about it? I try pm pills, but then I'm so groggy in the daytime...
How about the rest of you gals who started with me? How are you holding up?
P>S> I'm in Costa Rica!!! Wait til you see my next picture...

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Lucky you in Costa Rica!
    Lucky you in Costa Rica! ;)

I know nothing about Arimidex but I've tried Melatonin to help me sleep. Ask your onocologist, of course, but it is really helping me sleep.

Can't wait to see that picture!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Lucky you in Costa Rica!
    Lucky you in Costa Rica! ;)

I know nothing about Arimidex but I've tried Melatonin to help me sleep. Ask your onocologist, of course, but it is really helping me sleep.

Can't wait to see that picture!

yes i second the melatonin.

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    carkris said:

I take mine after dinner.
    I take my Arimidex between 7 and 8pm. By the time I wake up, I'm through the worst of it. I haven't had any bad side effects. Sometimes I'm tired in the late afternoon, but that might just be that I'm tired in the late afternoon. ??

Roseann
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I started June 1st.
    So far so good. Mild hot flashes (but I had them already). I have been on Ambien since menopause, so I sleep well and I am not groggy next day. No side effects that I can see, been taking D-3, and feel better than I have in a long time.

Can't wait for the new picture. Costa Rica! sigh......
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Mama G
    You look great!! Very interested in the feedback to the Arimidex - I was supposed to be starting on it but then my radiation oncologist put the kebash (sp???) on that one until I am done with rads so it will be nice to know what to expect. Have a great time in Costa Rica!

Chris
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    "(
    You forgot to take us Mama G with you to Costa Rica! :(

I am not on Arimidex, but, I want to say good luck to you! Sounds like you are doing pretty good on it!

Sue :)
  • carkris
    Ritzy said:

"(
    You forgot to take us Mama G with you to Costa Rica! :(

I am not on Arimidex, but, I want to say good luck to you! Sounds like you are doing pretty good on it!

Sue :)

another thing to envy mama G
    another thing to envy mama G for. that hair STILL kills me. waiting on the pic
    On D3 I just read in prevention to take it with your heaviest meal helps in absorption.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    carkris said:

another thing to envy mama G
    another thing to envy mama G for. that hair STILL kills me. waiting on the pic
    On D3 I just read in prevention to take it with your heaviest meal helps in absorption.

still so far so good
    I was soooo afraid to pop that pill, but been on it almost two months now and no problems. The oncologist assures me that means I'm lucky, not that it isn't working:)

Victoria
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    on Arimidex
    Initially, when I started the Arimidex, I started with the same wakefulness in the middle of the night as I experienced during menopause. I adjusted my bedtime to an hour later and take the pill just before going to bed. I sleep through the night except when I have consumed a lot of fluid before bedtime.I started the Arimidex on June 25, 2010.
    Talk to your Onc about trying the Melatonin, a more natural sleep assist than sleeping pills.
    Hugs, K
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    MamaG, I don't have the
    MamaG, I don't have the answer but wanted you to know I am jealous!! I'll be looking for your new pic. Have a GREAT time!!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I think I spoke too soon...
    Hot flashes ( which I had already ) seem to be a little more frequent. Not sure if they're more intense, I mean hot is hot, ya know?

Sue
  • Mama G
    sbmly53 said:

I think I spoke too soon...
    Hot flashes ( which I had already ) seem to be a little more frequent. Not sure if they're more intense, I mean hot is hot, ya know?

Sue

my new picture is not what I was hoping...
    but will have to do. I had planned on having my husband get a shot of me surfing, but found out that there are 2 side effects that won't let me do that. #1 my balance is off!
    #2 my numbness in my foot is getting worse and actually climbing up to my ankle
    oh yeah, and #3 I guess I'm getting too old for that stuff... hahaha
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Mama G said:

but will have to do. I had planned on having my husband get a shot of me surfing, but found out that there are 2 side effects that won't let me do that. #1 my balance is off!

uh-oh
    I don't like to hear about things starting to go amiss. I hope your side effects resolve themselves. I still don't feel anything and consider myself one lucky woman:)

Hey, how was Costa Rica??? Fun?

Victoria
  • Mama G
    aisling8 said:

uh-oh
    I don't like to hear about things starting to go amiss. I hope your side effects resolve themselves. I still don't feel anything and consider myself one lucky woman:)

Hey, how was Costa Rica??? Fun?

Victoria

I'm still in Costa
    Paradise found...
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Mama G said:

I love your new picture! You
    I love your new picture! You look great!

Hugs, Angie
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Also So Far So Good
    Mama G

I started Arimidex on Thursday, March 18, 2010 and so far my only side effect is a very, very mild hot flash. I take tons of vitamins, especially Vitamin E.

Janelle
  • carkris

Also So Far So Good
    Mama G

I started Arimidex on Thursday, March 18, 2010 and so far my only side effect is a very, very mild hot flash. I take tons of vitamins, especially Vitamin E.

Janelle

B6 is good for neuropathy

B6 is good for neuropathy