Please don't be scared - Live your life to the fullest!

Megan M
Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know that for a lot of us that are still so new with our diagnosis of breast cancer, that the postings of the recurrence's scare us to death. But, maybe that isn't a bad thing in the fact that it will make us more diligent and keep us fighting harder to keep the beast away and out of our lives forever.

I know the thought of a recurrence does frighten me to death. And, I put it out of my mind as much as I can. But, I am not stupid, I know it can happen, OR, not happen.

Savor every moment, love your family, do whatever makes you happy. Take that extra moment to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Play one more minute with your child to show them how much you care. Listen to the birds singing and be amazed by the simple blooming of a new flower.

There is life after cancer, a good life if we choose. And, I for one, choose to live my life to the fullest and with as much zest and gratitude for seeing every sunset, for hearing children laugh and play, for being held in my husband's arms.

We all must become stronger, we all must move forward. I know I have changed, but, maybe that isn't all bad.

Prayers for all of you my bc sisters in pink. I love all of you!

Hugs, Megan

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Thanks Megan. You wrote
    Thanks Megan. You wrote exactly how I have been feeling.

I plan on hanging around until hubby and I are both in walkers! LOL
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    DianeBC said:

Thanks Megan. You wrote
    Thanks Megan. You wrote exactly how I have been feeling.

I plan on hanging around until hubby and I are both in walkers! LOL

Scary but
    The recurrence posts are frightening. But, we do know it can happen and does. Look at RE, carkris, Jeanne D, Kathi M and others that have fought cancer 2 and 3 times. They are all doing great and very happy! They seem to have moved on with their lives and are certainly living it to the max. So, don't let the posts scare you. If they do, just look at those courageous women that have fought it more than once and still give so much of themselves on this board and in their real life.

Life after cancer, even for the 2nd or 3rd time, can be great!

Lex♥
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Thanks sooo much!
    Your advice was just what the doctor ordered! We all need to take a deep breath and count our many blessings.

Gardening helps me so much. I have become a fanatic about native gardening as native plants usually attract more native insects that feed birds. What is amazing about my garden is that it is so very alive. I love watching the ladybugs, dragon flies and bumble bees. It sounds cliche but what a wonder a garden is and it reminds me every day why I want to fight this awful illness.

My family is awesome and what inspiration and strength they give me. My husband and daughter are such joys.

I love my job and the folks that I work with are amazing.

Those of us who "live in limbo" appreciate life all the more.
  • Megan M

Thanks sooo much!
    Your advice was just what the doctor ordered! We all need to take a deep breath and count our many blessings.

Gardening helps me so much. I have become a fanatic about native gardening as native plants usually attract more native insects that feed birds. What is amazing about my garden is that it is so very alive. I love watching the ladybugs, dragon flies and bumble bees. It sounds cliche but what a wonder a garden is and it reminds me every day why I want to fight this awful illness.

My family is awesome and what inspiration and strength they give me. My husband and daughter are such joys.

I love my job and the folks that I work with are amazing.

Those of us who "live in limbo" appreciate life all the more.

Thanks all! I am glad that
    Thanks all! I am glad that what I wrote made sense, cause sometimes I feel I don't. lol

Or, that is what my hubby says. ( maybe i need a long talk with him lol )

Hugs, Megan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Megan M said:

Thanks all! I am glad that
    Thanks all! I am glad that what I wrote made sense, cause sometimes I feel I don't. lol

Or, that is what my hubby says. ( maybe i need a long talk with him lol )

Hugs, Megan

Megan
    What you wrote is so true! Thanks for writing it and for saying what we all need to know.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    thanks Megan
    Thanks for putting it so well.
    Hugs, K
  • Megan M
    KayNYC said:

thanks Megan
    Thanks for putting it so well.
    Hugs, K

Thanks Kay! :)

Thanks Kay! :)
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Thanks
    Megan, I couldn't have said it better myself. Living life to the fullest is the key. Whatever days the Lord has counted out for us is what we'll have. I choose to use my time to bring glory to Him who has been so good to me. He has been my Rock and Fortress throughout the journey and I will live my days for Him until my days come to an end.
    Much love to all,
    Beth
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Alexis F said:

Scary but
    The recurrence posts are frightening. But, we do know it can happen and does. Look at RE, carkris, Jeanne D, Kathi M and others that have fought cancer 2 and 3 times. They are all doing great and very happy! They seem to have moved on with their lives and are certainly living it to the max. So, don't let the posts scare you. If they do, just look at those courageous women that have fought it more than once and still give so much of themselves on this board and in their real life.

Life after cancer, even for the 2nd or 3rd time, can be great!

Lex♥

It's a matter of being selfish....
    I don't want ANYone or ANYthing messing with my life!!!

My second diagnosis made me soooooo MAD!!! How DARE this thing try AGAIN to mess with me!!!

That said, I still worry...my back trouble that started last week...back pain led to my rectal cancer dx...I can't deny I had thoughts that this may be cancer calling again. But, I try to stay out of that 'dark place' as much as I can. The way I deal is to call my doctor, either my PCP or my ONC, and say "I'm having canceritis again...these are my symptoms...what do you think we should do???" I'm fortunate that I have docs that take me seriously and schedule tests or whatever to ally my fears...

Hugs to us all......Kathi
  • Megan M
    BethInAz said:

Thanks
    Megan, I couldn't have said it better myself. Living life to the fullest is the key. Whatever days the Lord has counted out for us is what we'll have. I choose to use my time to bring glory to Him who has been so good to me. He has been my Rock and Fortress throughout the journey and I will live my days for Him until my days come to an end.
    Much love to all,
    Beth

Thanks Beth! I trust in my
    Thanks Beth! I trust in my Lord and that is the greatest trust I can have. Thanks for your beautiful reply.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    KathiM said:

It's a matter of being selfish....
    I don't want ANYone or ANYthing messing with my life!!!

My second diagnosis made me soooooo MAD!!! How DARE this thing try AGAIN to mess with me!!!

That said, I still worry...my back trouble that started last week...back pain led to my rectal cancer dx...I can't deny I had thoughts that this may be cancer calling again. But, I try to stay out of that 'dark place' as much as I can. The way I deal is to call my doctor, either my PCP or my ONC, and say "I'm having canceritis again...these are my symptoms...what do you think we should do???" I'm fortunate that I have docs that take me seriously and schedule tests or whatever to ally my fears...

Hugs to us all......Kathi

Canceritis--I love that
    Canceritis--I love that word. It so aptly describes every ache and pain I have that immediately makes me think the cancer has returned again. God bless us all. Marilyn
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Megan M said:

Thanks Beth! I trust in my
    Thanks Beth! I trust in my Lord and that is the greatest trust I can have. Thanks for your beautiful reply.

Thank you Megan. I really
    Thank you Megan. I really like what you wrote and I believe it too.

Life is so precious!

Hugs, Angie