A Letter to Oprah @ a show

Options
2»

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!

(FYI--Ronnie's doctors put him on a whole grain diet to help cure his cancer).

peace, emily who hopes to sit in that audience!
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Lisa,

What a great letter. I sent a letter to Katie Couric after my diagnosis. I never received a response.

Good luck and i hope you get to be the star of the show.

I cringe everytime I read that you should have a colonoscopy at 50. there are so many of us who were diagnosed younger than 50. If I had waited until I was 50 I would not be writing this.

Maureen
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Great letter, Lisa, hope this gets through to Oprah. It would be wonderful to have her show help spread the word; the information can save lives. Judy
  • HAZELBUG123
    HAZELBUG123 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hey Scouty!

It was inspirational to read your journey! Although I already am very familiar with your cancer road trip, it was still a very good read!

I disagree that Oprah should be in Nashville, though. Her "celebrity-ness" will overshadow the TRUE STARS....THE SEMI COLONS! Instead, Oprah should just feature you and your miracle status on one of her programs. It would be WAY too hard to keep the true spirit (including drinking spirits! lol) of our Paloozas with cameras and spotlights. Additionally, folks shouldn't attend in hopes of seeing Oprah...they should attend to see the survivors of this site and what THEY mean...miracles and all!

Hugs,

Stacy

I am a cervical cancer survivor. I am very much in favor of the hpv vacine! If the hpv vacination would have been available when I was a young girl, I would not have ever got cervical cancer in the first place.
    If the vacine could save the life (or cancer turmoil) of one person; it is worth it!
    I was diagnosed in 96'
    had a minor recurrence in 97' 98' and 99'
    Then nothing until 2004.
    In 04' I had a major recurrence that change my life forever. Chemo-radiation -surgeries-radiation implant.
    It was taxing on my body and a huge interuption to my life and my young childrens life.

I absolutely love Oprah... Wish I could be on her show to tell my story of inspiration!
    Cervical cancer can lay dormant for years and then when you least expect it it rears its ugly head.

My journey is unique. I have jumped huge hurdles and so proud to be alive today!
    barblorainthompson@hotmail.com
    Yippeee to all cancer survivors! We are all in the same boat to a degree.