Anal cancer stage 3b

Comments

• lilou
    lilou Member Posts: 23

anal cancer IIIb

Marie, Martha, Tory & QV - Marie I have a hx in My Space.  I had bilateral inguinal nodes involved.  I am sad to report that my PET/CT scan on 7/21 was not good.  I now have a 10 mm nodule w/greater intensity in the rt. lung & a rt. hilar node showing hypermetabolism.  There is hypermetabolism in the rt. inguinal area of a "seroma" after a node was removed for pathology in Jan. Some hypermetabolism is noted in the inf. area of the vagina not noted on my previous report but is the same as before.  I had a bx of the inguinal node/"seroma" yesterday.  I will meet w/my oncologist to discuss a plan on 7/30.  I think it will be chemo.  I do not think that the inguinal node/seroma nor the vagina is a met.  I am petrified of the hilar node.  I am sorry to discourage anyone fighting this cancer.

Nic 

Nicotianna

Hello , I write this small word to say thait in September 2013 my FART/SCAN also showed a hypermetabolism in the  liver and on the bones of the pond and the right hand. After complementary examinations he has proved that i had osseous fractures ( splits) of fatigue and on the liver of cysts. It is true that the hypermetabolism was of low intensity but i remained verry worried during several days. Diagnosed anal cancer 3B in October 2011 with ganglionic and inguinal infringement (achievement) G . Here is my story . Hoping to hear from soon.   LILOU

• horsepad
    horsepad Member Posts: 146 Member
    I was diagnosed with stage 4

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in August, 2011.  I feel great!!!  No side effects.  I have at CT scan in a week and God willing, everything will be fine.

• lilou
    horsepad said:

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in August, 2011.  I feel great!!!  No side effects.  I have at CT scan in a week and God willing, everything will be fine.

Horsepad

HelloLaughing  What treatment had you for your stage 4 cancer? I hope your CT scan will be good !  Thank you for your answer ! LILOU

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    Marie58 said:

Hello June

thank you for your response, we seem to be on the same schedule, I was also diagnosed in April. I only received 55 g , I hope it is still ok as I wanted to be agressive with this 3b stage.

youre right, there is a lot of hope for both of us. Yake care,

Marie

radiation RX

Marie - I think I rec'd ~ 55 cGy!  

Nic

• nicotianna
    mp327 said:

Nic

I am so sorry to hear that you did not get a clear PET scan.  I was so hoping your news would be all good.  However, do not feel bad about coming here and telling us this--we are your cheerleaders!  I am traveling right now, but will keep checking in to see if there are any updates from you.  I'm glad you are meeting soon with your oncologist and that he/she will get a plan in place.  You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

PET/CT report

Thanks Martha!  Will keep you posted.

Nic

• nicotianna
    horsepad said:

Horsepad - I too would like to know the treatment you received?

Nic

• nicotianna
    lilou said:

Nicotianna

Hello , I write this small word to say thait in September 2013 my FART/SCAN also showed a hypermetabolism in the  liver and on the bones of the pond and the right hand. After complementary examinations he has proved that i had osseous fractures ( splits) of fatigue and on the liver of cysts. It is true that the hypermetabolism was of low intensity but i remained verry worried during several days. Diagnosed anal cancer 3B in October 2011 with ganglionic and inguinal infringement (achievement) G . Here is my story . Hoping to hear from soon.   LILOU

lilou

I love the typo in your first line.  It's great to have a laugh :)  Thanks for the info & encouragement!

Nic

• knolltop
    knolltop Member Posts: 56

anal cancer IIIb

Marie, Martha, Tory & QV - Marie I have a hx in My Space.  I had bilateral inguinal nodes involved.  I am sad to report that my PET/CT scan on 7/21 was not good.  I now have a 10 mm nodule w/greater intensity in the rt. lung & a rt. hilar node showing hypermetabolism.  There is hypermetabolism in the rt. inguinal area of a "seroma" after a node was removed for pathology in Jan. Some hypermetabolism is noted in the inf. area of the vagina not noted on my previous report but is the same as before.  I had a bx of the inguinal node/"seroma" yesterday.  I will meet w/my oncologist to discuss a plan on 7/30.  I think it will be chemo.  I do not think that the inguinal node/seroma nor the vagina is a met.  I am petrified of the hilar node.  I am sorry to discourage anyone fighting this cancer.

Nic 

Nic

I’m so sorry to hear this news.    I, too, was hoping and praying for good results for you.   However, you have the results and now it’s time to go after it.  I’m not familiar with the hilar node. I, too, would be scared.  Is it one node or many?    Can they treat with chemo and then remove the 10mm nodule and/or hilar node-wedge resection/lobectomy?   Can they hit it with bullet target radiation….hilar node.   When my tumor was in the liver two years ago….I had two months of chemo (1 week each month of chemo 5FU and Cisplatin)  Removal of spot the following month and then two more months of chemo.  I was good for two years….now I go Thursday the 31st for my CT to see what my lung spot is doing.  I started out on this journey with stage 3A and now Stage 4 met.    Will post when I get results.  May God embrace you with his healing love.    Peace, tory

• Clovergirl
    Clovergirl Member Posts: 48
    horsepad said:

Ct also

Horsepad, I will be a CC on August 4th for my CT and follow up appts.  What day will you be there?

• horsepad
    I received the standard

I received the standard treatment-radiation for 6 weeks and chemo mix of mitomycin & 5FU.  I was supposed to receive an additional 2 weeks booster radiation but because of my hospitalization I couldn't receive it.  I was severly burned, my oncologist at Cleveland Clinic said he had never seen anyone burnt as bad as me but that was good because it meant the more cancer cells eliminated.

Clovergir-I am at the Clinic on 8/4 as well!  I have CT scan and meet with oncologists afterwards for the results.  I'll be there all afternoon.  How about you?

• horsepad
    I forgot to mention I had a

I forgot to mention I had a liver resection to remove the dead tumor a few months after being declared NED.  I should also say my short term memory is really bad but is it from gettig older or chemo brain?  I

• lilou
    My question for mp 327

Undecided Hello ! I am very surprised to see that for the stage 3 B anal cancer the treatment in USA is standard to knoww 35 sessions of radiotherapy and 2 cures of chemo. I received in France 36 seesions of radiotherapy and 6 cures of chemo! Can be can you tell it to me more ? Thank you !

• nicotianna
    knolltop said:

Nic

I’m so sorry to hear this news.    I, too, was hoping and praying for good results for you.   However, you have the results and now it’s time to go after it.  I’m not familiar with the hilar node. I, too, would be scared.  Is it one node or many?    Can they treat with chemo and then remove the 10mm nodule and/or hilar node-wedge resection/lobectomy?   Can they hit it with bullet target radiation….hilar node.   When my tumor was in the liver two years ago….I had two months of chemo (1 week each month of chemo 5FU and Cisplatin)  Removal of spot the following month and then two more months of chemo.  I was good for two years….now I go Thursday the 31st for my CT to see what my lung spot is doing.  I started out on this journey with stage 3A and now Stage 4 met.    Will post when I get results.  May God embrace you with his healing love.    Peace, tory

Anal cancer IIIb

Tory - The hilar node is an imp. 1... near the pulmonary artery.  The thoracic surgeon said that he can remove that as well as the nodule.   The inguinal bx is negative.  Current plan:  consults w/gyne onc & colorectal; possible biopsies in vaginal & anal areas; tumor board will review my case ~ 8/12.  I will see thoracic surgeon as well.  Then it will be 1 of the following:  chemo only; surgery only; or chemo & surgery.  My spot is reserved for possible chemo that wk.  Thanks for your good wishes.  I am wishing you a good report on your CT today!

Nic

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

Anal cancer IIIb

Tory - The hilar node is an imp. 1... near the pulmonary artery.  The thoracic surgeon said that he can remove that as well as the nodule.   The inguinal bx is negative.  Current plan:  consults w/gyne onc & colorectal; possible biopsies in vaginal & anal areas; tumor board will review my case ~ 8/12.  I will see thoracic surgeon as well.  Then it will be 1 of the following:  chemo only; surgery only; or chemo & surgery.  My spot is reserved for possible chemo that wk.  Thanks for your good wishes.  I am wishing you a good report on your CT today!

Nic

Nic

I wish you all the very best and hope that after the tumor board reviews your case on the 12th., a plan will be put in place.  Please keep us posted.

• nicotianna
    mp327 said:

Nic

I wish you all the very best and hope that after the tumor board reviews your case on the 12th., a plan will be put in place.  Please keep us posted.

Thanks Martha!  Will report ~ 8/13!

Nic

• knolltop

Anal cancer IIIb

Nic

Nic

So glad to hear the inquinal was negative.    It sounds like you have many good people working together to give you good results of these issues.

Had CT Scan on the 31st  - results showed another tumor popped up inferior to the other one....this one small too, 4 mm.     Going to see oncologist on Monday- Aug 4th.    Hoping he will shed some light on my situation.    Both are still to small to biopsy, but I'm starting to have a little bit of anixiety waiting. ....   I think the best way is removal....but with a new one in 3 months....maybe chemo too.   Will post again after my visit with my oncologist.

Prayers and Good Thoughts headed your way.

Tory

• mp327
    knolltop said:

Nic

So glad to hear the inquinal was negative.    It sounds like you have many good people working together to give you good results of these issues.

Had CT Scan on the 31st  - results showed another tumor popped up inferior to the other one....this one small too, 4 mm.     Going to see oncologist on Monday- Aug 4th.    Hoping he will shed some light on my situation.    Both are still to small to biopsy, but I'm starting to have a little bit of anixiety waiting. ....   I think the best way is removal....but with a new one in 3 months....maybe chemo too.   Will post again after my visit with my oncologist.

Prayers and Good Thoughts headed your way.

Tory

Tory

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you meet with your oncologist.  I send you positive thoughts and prayers!

• knolltop
    mp327 said:

Tory

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you meet with your oncologist.  I send you positive thoughts and prayers!

Martha

Thanks Martha:

I'm afraid he is going to say I have to wait again since the one didn't grow and both are still to small to biopsy.    Just don't know how to handle that response.   Don't like the fact another one popped up.

• mp327
    knolltop said:

Martha

Thanks Martha:

I'm afraid he is going to say I have to wait again since the one didn't grow and both are still to small to biopsy.    Just don't know how to handle that response.   Don't like the fact another one popped up.

Tory

I totally understand--waiting is the worst!  I am on hold, so to speak, until I have my next scan, which should be in late September I think.  I hope you get some answers soon!  Hugs!

• mp327
    lilou said:

My question for mp 327

Undecided Hello ! I am very surprised to see that for the stage 3 B anal cancer the treatment in USA is standard to knoww 35 sessions of radiotherapy and 2 cures of chemo. I received in France 36 seesions of radiotherapy and 6 cures of chemo! Can be can you tell it to me more ? Thank you !

lilou

It could be that you received a different chemo drug than what is most often used.  Most people get Mitomycin on day 1 and day 29, along with 5FU infused by pump on days 1 through 4 and days 29 through 32.  Mitomycin is often replaced with Cisplatin in cases of metastatic disease, which would include stage 3B.  Cisplatin is given on day 2 of treatment, then repeated every 4 weeks, along with the 5FU by infusion pump for 4 days.  The number of sessions of radiation depend on size and location of tumor, with most people receiving 30-35 sessions, receiving 1.8 gys of radiation during each treatment, which seems to be the standard amount per treatment from all of the information I can find.  If you received 36 sessions, each at 1.8 gys, then you received a total of 64.8 gys, which would be over what I have always understood is the maximum of 59.  To be clear on this, you should ask your radiation oncologist.  Perhaps your radiation was delivered at a lower dose per treatment for some reason, such as difference in equipment, etc.  I hope I haven't confused you even more!