Calling all Northeast U.S. girls

Comments

• BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    sbmly53 said:

Jean
    I'm sure that weekend would work for me. Hubby actually retires then and he is my driver for long trips. I think it's about 4 hours. I opt for the Hampton (can't double up - will have hubby, but he will not be included in any of our stuff!)

Please send a brochure - I'll copy it and send it to someone else.

Also, I have invited Ayse to stay with us when she gets to NY (even tho I'm 3.5 hrs from the Big Apple) so....

Sue

'Maybe'
    Hi Jean:

This get together sounds like a great idea! I presently live fairly close to Hershey, BUT I plan to move by the end of the year, and will be moving to Buffalo, NY (not so close). So, please add me to the list as a 'maybe'.

Thanks for organizing this event. Jane
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    sbmly53 said:

Jean
    I'm sure that weekend would work for me. Hubby actually retires then and he is my driver for long trips. I think it's about 4 hours. I opt for the Hampton (can't double up - will have hubby, but he will not be included in any of our stuff!)

Please send a brochure - I'll copy it and send it to someone else.

Also, I have invited Ayse to stay with us when she gets to NY (even tho I'm 3.5 hrs from the Big Apple) so....

Sue

'Maybe'
    Hi Jean:

This get together sounds like a great idea! I presently live fairly close to Hershey, BUT I plan to move by the end of the year, and will be moving to Buffalo, NY (not so close). So, please add me to the list as a 'maybe'.

Thanks for organizing this event. Jane
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    I would love to go!
    I live in upstate NY so it wouldn't be a problem for me to make it. The only question I have is will my hubby have a job by then? Jane could you send me a brochure? Thanks

Helen
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    I received the brochure and the beautiful paper cross with note inside. So thoughtful.....
    I'm getting excited now and Saturday, Oct 29 works for me. I have 2 grandchildren born in October and 1 in November but that weekend should be ok. Are you thinking we would just be spending the one night?

The brochure was overwhelming! There were so many possibilities! Would we be doing a 1/2 day or all day spa package? Would we be doing things separately or as a group? Should we pick out certain spa experiences we would like to do? Also, would we be doing them on Saturday or Sunday? I have a lot of questions for sure and you may not know the answers quite yet. I'll be patient. I've already started saving my money for it :D
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Jean
    I've counted 16 replies - how exciting!

Sue
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    1acme said:

Hi Dot53 from NF
    Hi

It looks like you are my closest Pink Sister". Well I am almost every week or so here as my boyfriend live in Ransomville, so I am coming to pay him visit between my treatments and he sometimes babysit my cats.

Yes you are right, that's typo. But we can certainly carpool if you like. Let me know later if you are interested.

Take care
    Helen

Dot and Helen...
    I am not planning on going, but wanted to let you know that I live in Ransomville...

CR
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    sbmly53 said:

Jean
    I've counted 16 replies - how exciting!

Sue

Brochure
    Would you send me a brochure?
    I need a get away and will really need one by then.

Thanks.
    Margo
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908

Brochure
    Would you send me a brochure?
    I need a get away and will really need one by then.

Thanks.
    Margo

Trip
    I wish I could join you but I will be away that whole week! I do live just north of NYC so if you all chose to come into the Big Apple another time, I will join you. Have fun!!! HUGS!!! Cathy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    A stopover -
    For those who might be travelling long distance and thru my area, you are welcome to stay with us to break up the long drive. You can PM me for location, etc.

Sue
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    I received the brochure and the beautiful paper cross with note inside. So thoughtful.....
    I'm getting excited now and Saturday, Oct 29 works for me. I have 2 grandchildren born in October and 1 in November but that weekend should be ok. Are you thinking we would just be spending the one night?

The brochure was overwhelming! There were so many possibilities! Would we be doing a 1/2 day or all day spa package? Would we be doing things separately or as a group? Should we pick out certain spa experiences we would like to do? Also, would we be doing them on Saturday or Sunday? I have a lot of questions for sure and you may not know the answers quite yet. I'll be patient. I've already started saving my money for it :D
    {{hugs}} Char

Hey Char,
    It is too early to book the spa right now. The manager said to get back in touch with her in a month or so and she can probably tell me what kind of discount she can give. Everyone will be picking their own spa experiences. I'm hoping to get everyone together for lunch at the Oasis inside the spa. We can have lunch in our robes! We will be doing the Spa on Saturday then get together for dinner on Saturday night. Maybe we can go the Hershey's Chocolate World for the tour either Saturday or Sunday before we leave.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Jean 0609
    sbmly53 said:

A stopover -
    For those who might be travelling long distance and thru my area, you are welcome to stay with us to break up the long drive. You can PM me for location, etc.

Sue

Sue,
    You are such a sweetheart for opening your home.

Thanks for the count, looks like we will have a good turn out.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Jean 0609 said:

Sue,

xoxo,
    Jean

Hershey
    If we stay at the Hampton Inn, there is a great little restaurant next to it called the Hershey Pantry - we go there every time we go to Hershey for the theatre or a concert. The Circular Dining Room at the Hotel Hershey is very gourmet and very expensive (but beautiful)! So glad we are doing this! I am so excited! Linda
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    YAY!
    This is just sounding better and better! Maybe I should start saving up like Char. Char, you are adorable! Margo, I sure hope you go too! How exciting this is!

Jean, I sent you my address but I haven't received anything yet. Not rushing you by any means, but want to make sure I'm not forgotten! ♥

What a terrific idea this was, Jean. Thanks so much for getting it all together! Hugs ~Mar
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Marlene_K said:

YAY!
    This is just sounding better and better! Maybe I should start saving up like Char. Char, you are adorable! Margo, I sure hope you go too! How exciting this is!

Jean, I sent you my address but I haven't received anything yet. Not rushing you by any means, but want to make sure I'm not forgotten! ♥

What a terrific idea this was, Jean. Thanks so much for getting it all together! Hugs ~Mar

OUTLETS
    FOr those thinking of going to the spa time at Hershey - you might want to know that there are outlets close by. To check out the store listing etc. to go www.theoutletsathershey.com. We better all start saving our pennies!
  • cahjah75
    Jean
    this spa trip is going to be great and what we really need. The lunch at the Oasis would be great as well as dinner together after we've all been pampered. Now, I just have to decide what I want to do the most :D You're wonderful for organizing this.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Jean 0609 said:

Sue,

xoxo,
    Jean

HI!
    I would love to go. How many nights are we going to be there, so I can start saving a little here and there. Sounds like a lot of fun.
  • Jean 0609
    Hershey Lodge
    Hey everyone, Dot has gotten a discount for us at the Hershey Lodge (not the Hershey Hotel where the spa is located). $189.00 + tax. What do you all think? We need to decide one way or the other so we can reserve our block of rooms at either the Hershey Lodge or Hampton Inn. Let me know.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hershey Lodge
    Hey everyone, Dot has gotten a discount for us at the Hershey Lodge (not the Hershey Hotel where the spa is located). $189.00 + tax. What do you all think? We need to decide one way or the other so we can reserve our block of rooms at either the Hershey Lodge or Hampton Inn. Let me know.

xoxo,
    Jean

This sounds great and I am
    This sounds great and I am definitely interested. Daughter getting married in July so one week of vacation reserved for this wonderful but stressful event. The Hershey weekend sounds like the perfect ME time. You can count me in thus far.
  • cahjah75
    Jean
    I don't have a preference regarding which hotel as I've never stayed at either. The difference is only $15 so whatever is most agreeable with everyone is fine with me.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    I don't have a preference regarding which hotel as I've never stayed at either. The difference is only $15 so whatever is most agreeable with everyone is fine with me.
    {{hugs}} Char

I'm interested.
    I live in CT but it sounds great. Please keep me in the loop with the details. I always up for a spa week end.

Roseann