Ai's or natural remedies for stage 1

Kinparker
Kinparker Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2021 in Breast Cancer #1

Has anybody else tried and had success with natural remedies for Stage 1 breast cancer instead of taking AI's?

About my cancer journey:

Diagnosed with DCI, Stage 1, Her2-. Had a lumpectomy in September of 2020. Two lympnodes removed were negative for cancer. Afterwards I had a Genetic test that revealed positive for Chek2 mutation that upped my odds of BC return. Opted for bi lateral mastectomy in November with nipple saving reconstruction. Implant surgery was January 12th of 2021. Pathology showed no cancer. Onco score low so no chemo and no radiation needed since I had the mastectomy.

Hysterectomy with uterus and ovaries removed 4 plus years ago.

Scan showed osteopenoa. I don't want to take AI's that will cause more bone loss resulting in osteoporosis. Tried Tamoxifen but after just 3 weeks it caused severe depression so I have stopped taking it. I don't want to take more and more and more drugs because of the side effects of drugs. Seems counterintuitive to me.

Comments

• Nouja88
    Nouja88 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #2
    I am looking for the same and

I am looking for the same and I am currently checking Prophet Mohamed Black Cumin seed option as well as other options :) let's look for it together 

• Kinparker
    Kinparker Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2021 #3
    Nouja88 said:

I am looking for the same and

I am looking for the same and I am currently checking Prophet Mohamed Black Cumin seed option as well as other options :) let's look for it together 

Natural remedies

I quit taking Tamoxifen and waited a few weeks and then started Anastrozole a few weeks later for a month and woke up every night in pain with my hips on fire.  Quit that after a month. I am working with a Naturopath Doctor associated with the oncology department and she recommended I take the Dutch Test that measures how you process your hormones. I am talking to her next week to get the results and see what she recommends. It will be interesting if she says to take what you are thinking of taking. I have also changed to an organic diet with alot of vegetables got. Rid of house cleaning toxins and personal care toxins and switched over to all natural products.

Let me know what you decided on!

• KateHanni
    KateHanni Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #4
    Anastrozole Side Effects and AI's

Diagnosed in January 2021 with HR+ Her2 - Ki67 34% (high proliferation) score, Oncotype DX 17 (so no chemo necessary) and I had lumpectomy and brachytherapy radition for one week twice per day (targeted radition through 16 catheters).  Now I'm on Anastrozole and it's been horrifying.  Firstly I was shocked that the data readily available shows only 5% of folks who are prescribed AI's quit due to side effects.  They forgot a zero at the end of that number.  When Exemestane and Anastrazole were put in a clinical trial of 7500 people split fairly evenly between the two meds, no placebo, both AI's showed almost 50% dropped out either to adverse reactions or undesirable side effects like joint pain, weight gain, depression etc.  There HAS to be something else we can do to improve quality of life.  Period. Full stop.

My side effects on Anastrozole are literally ALL of the common side effects except joint pain.  Weird since joint pain is the most common and the one thing that there are new clinical trials for taking Omega 3's etc.  

• jumpingjacks
    jumpingjacks Member Posts: 4
    Kinparker said:

Natural remedies

I quit taking Tamoxifen and waited a few weeks and then started Anastrozole a few weeks later for a month and woke up every night in pain with my hips on fire.  Quit that after a month. I am working with a Naturopath Doctor associated with the oncology department and she recommended I take the Dutch Test that measures how you process your hormones. I am talking to her next week to get the results and see what she recommends. It will be interesting if she says to take what you are thinking of taking. I have also changed to an organic diet with alot of vegetables got. Rid of house cleaning toxins and personal care toxins and switched over to all natural products.

Let me know what you decided on!

Looking for Natural Remedies too

Did you get the results of your Dutch Test? I eat as much organic as possible and overall have a very healthy diet. Also am working on eliminating toxins in my environment. I definitely want to find an alternative to AIs, so let me know what your doctor recommended.