I'm home

Options
Trucker1
Trucker1 Member Posts: 82

Hello!!! I got home yesterday evening.  Open partial neph has left me with a 12 inch zipper looking scar going across my left side and is highly painful! I'm up walking around regularly and takin a perksort mixed with Tylenol for pain every 4 hours. Surgeon states that the surgery went well and I only lost 10 percent or so of my kidney.Tumor was still small and looked to be contained to kidney and encapsulated inside the kidney-- All looked great, kidney looked really health as well....Waiting on the pathology hopefully i should have by next week!!! My only problem now is I'm pretty constipated,  I'm on a stool softer and duclox hopefully all will move forward today!!! Any home remedies I should try?  The open surgery is painfull but I'm glad it's behind me...Thank you all for helping me this far!!! I PRAY FOR NED from now on for myself and all of you...

Trucker1

Comments

• DreamOnDeb
    DreamOnDeb Member Posts: 112
    edited November 2017 #2
    Options
    Yay, Trucker!  It's all

Yay, Trucker!  It's all behind you now!  I'm so glad your surgery was a success!

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's awesome

Wonderful news!  Hopefully the path report says the same thing.  Drink lots of water and take the stool softeners.  I also drank Ginger ale because my stomach didn't handle the meds very well.  It really helped.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Great news!!! So glad

Great news!!! So glad everything was clear. Guess I am one of the few who didn't get to keep my kidney lol. You are lucky. I cannot find any bathroom remedies. Believe me, I have tried many things with zero success. If I find a cure I will let you know ahahaha.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well done

That sounds very promising

Hope you rest and rest

No high jinxing for a while

Annie

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Speedy healing Trucker!

Take care.  Very good news!

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good news. I drank some good

Good news. I drank some good old fashion prune juice. That helped move things along.

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 2017 #8
    Options
    Glad

Glad You are home and wishing you a quick recovery.  Everybody seems to have the dreaded potty problem! I found drinking a lot helped 

• Supersum
    Supersum Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Organic unpitted prunes

Forget the prune juice go direct to the source and eat your fill of organic unpitted prunes there's not a man or woman alive who can hold that back (spit out the pits).

• lken37
    lken37 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2017 #10
    Options
    Great News

Hi Trucker1,

am glad your surgery was a success.  That constipation will go away, mine did on 7th day in a big blow out.  Was a mess, but feel a whole lot better.  Best to you and quick recovery. 

• rdoyd2
    rdoyd2 Member Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Spinach, will help clear that

Spinach, will help clear that constipation. your prognosis sounds great.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    lken37 said:

Great News

Hi Trucker1,

am glad your surgery was a success.  That constipation will go away, mine did on 7th day in a big blow out.  Was a mess, but feel a whole lot better.  Best to you and quick recovery. 

A big blowout ahahahahaha.

A big blowout ahahahahaha. Sounds like congratulations are in order lol!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Best wishes

For a speedy & uneventful recovery.

God Bless.

Donna~

• kiwi68
    kiwi68 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Kiaora Trucker1

Hello from down under.  Glad to see you are home, hope the last week and a half have treated you well and that you are recovering bit by bit. 

Cheers  Jo

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi Trucker

So glad your surgery went well! I think walking like you are doing and whatever is working for you prunes, laxatives, lots of water will help things move along. Take it as easy as you need to. Best wishes to you and yours as you keep on this journey. 

• klj15
    klj15 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    AnnissaP said:

Great news!!! So glad

Great news!!! So glad everything was clear. Guess I am one of the few who didn't get to keep my kidney lol. You are lucky. I cannot find any bathroom remedies. Believe me, I have tried many things with zero success. If I find a cure I will let you know ahahaha.

Part of the same club : )

Part of the same club : ) They took my left kidney. So far my right one is doing pretty good. It was teetering between stage 2 and stage 3 CKD, but I'm back in the stage 2 range. Prior to having cancer last year, I had never ever had problems with my kidneys, high blood pressure, etc... Relatively healthy, or so I thought.

• klj15
    klj15 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Congrats and good luck! I had

Congrats and good luck! I had a big old zipper incision/scar too. My left kidney was removed with a giant tumor (football sized). No reccomendations on the bathroom, just make sure you do what your docs are telling you, and don't skip the stool softeners. Try a pillow pressed against your abdomen/incision. That helps with the pain/pressure.  I pray that you heal well and do not complications. I was re-admitted for a possible ileus and/or infection between my colon and large intestine.