I'm back everyone

2»

Comments

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    Mikenh said:

I seem to be able to put on

I seem to be able to put on weight quite easily and still have to work to not gain. I suspect the reason is that I'm normally very active and I can't be these days. I did the military press on the Smith Machine at the office yesterday and it was quite a challenge to figure out how to do them. I can't pick up the bench because it's too heavy so I just pushed it into place. The weight plates are 2.5s, 5s, 10s, 25s, and 45s and I could only move the first three weights. But people rack weights in oddball orders so they may put the 25s over the 10s which means that I'd have to remove the 25s before getting to the 10s.

I think that I need to do more weight training to keep my muscles up. I tried doing the flexbar in my office (it's a piece of rubber about a food long and the exercise is just to twist it). It's used for tennis and golfers elbow rehab, repetitive strain injuries and to beef up the wrist and forearm.

Wow good for you Mike for

Wow good for you Mike for staying active after your not long ago surgery. But do it gradually as you're still healing. I just want to gain my weight back to 125 which was my normal weight and I'll be content. Although I do walk every chance I get. Even indoor by talking stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. i went for a walk today for about 20 minutes even though it's very windy here (NYC). I had to turn back when dust started to get into my eyes. I did stop at my local supermarket to pick up some groceries. Lo and behold I saw my favorite ice cream (Breyers butter pecan) was on sale and I got it of course. Being that this is my recovery week, I'm going to splurge. :D

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    edited November 2017 #23
    I've gotten some weird

I've gotten some weird cravings now that I think about it.  It was for anything sweet.  Being paranoid I started thinking maybe it was the tumour wanting to be fed since I was taking Xeloda and being radiated. I've read where tumours love sugar and is what a PET scan is based on. These side affects are so varied but one that seems consistent is fatigue. I don't miss that but need to gear up for it again.  Good luck with the rest of it.

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    edited November 2017 #24
    Don't overdo it with an

Don't overdo it with an illeostomy bag. I had too much to eat in a short period of time and I guess I had something close to a stomach ache. It wasn't really an ache but the feeling you have when you eat too much. So I just had to be good about emptying the bag more frequently than I like to. And also getting sufficient water. Stuff just gurgled out over the past nine hours or so. I was only slightly above my target calorie count for the day and I did do the weights workout which might have increased hunger. The biggest issue that I have is that my wife likes to make three largish meals and the bag works a lot better with six to eight smallish meals (sometimes snacks).