I can't reply

Options

Ladies,

Not only did I lose my profile information, I can't reply to anyone's posts. Very frustrating.

I am given the option of save or preview. And, if I hit either of those options, it goes to an error page. Submit is not an option for me.

Just wanted you to know that I am here and reading...

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Interesting. This time I hit

Interesting. This time I hit preview and save and it posted.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2016 #3
    Options

Interesting. This time I hit

Interesting. This time I hit preview and save and it posted.

I think they did an "update"

I think they did an "update" on the site.  I also could not "preview" without getting an error message and "submit" is gone.  Now it just gives a choice of "save" or "preview."

Love, 

Eldri

• LorettaMarshall
    LorettaMarshall Member Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I think they did an "update"

I think they did an "update" on the site.  I also could not "preview" without getting an error message and "submit" is gone.  Now it just gives a choice of "save" or "preview."

Love, 

Eldri

Hey-I'm just looking at other links & they R having same problem

Hello - Actually I'm Loretta from the Ovarian Cancer page.  I've been looking for a "villain" this morning.  Someone has signed up and posted bogus stupid words on at least 4 sites.  I am flagging them.  But I noticed you're having the same problem as me.  So I have complained to the "security site."  When the "error" message came up, it was extremely frustrating as I had spent hours researching info for a patient, and then couldn’t "get through."  So I clicked on the security link and up came a blank e-mail form.  It was then that I submitted a portion that had web links in it that I had copied and pasted. 

I then copied the "error" notice.  They wrote back and said, that my letter had some "hidden content" in it and that's why it didn't go through.  So I sent another message earlier this morning, and put all the letter in it, and then sent another "error" message that blocked my entry.  I said, "Here is the letter."  Tell me where the hidden content is.  If I'm this smart, I could have opened the IPhone of the terrorist for the FBI. 

Believe me, it's frustrating.  If we can't submit web links to help others, our own opinion without any substantiating links or helpful links is very limited.

I'm upset "big time."  Obviously, this page has been "revamped".  These are programming errors on their part, and someone is getting paid a good salary, but obviously need to do a better job.  We're patients out here that need to be able to communicate with others and exchange web links when appropriate.

I also complained about taking away the word "SUBMIT" and putting "SAVE" in its place.  Now that's confusing.  Since I had spent a lot of time with my letter, I went back in, took out the web links, and then went down and clicked on "SAVE".  It posted.

Now who clicks on a word "save" when they want to "send" or "submit" something?  Not the normal lady sitting home with cancer trying to converse with another friend?  So I'm big-time upset.  IT IS NOT YOUR ERROR--IT IS THEIRS.

I suggest you contact the “security” blue letters that appear on your “error” message, and tell them that you haven’t changed anything about the way you post, but they have and it’s causing all of us problems.  Each person that gets an “error” message should complain.  This can be fixed, and I hope it is soon.  Just thought you should know, you're not the only discussion link that finds the new "format" very UNHELPFUL! 

Loretta Marshall

Peritoneal Carcinomatosis/Ovarian Cancer Stage IV 

-------------------------------

Note:  I just found a page that said we could register problems with the site.  This is what I just wrote.  You can tell, I'm really unhappy about not being able to communicate the way we once did.  Believe me, the ERROR is theirs--not ours. 

This is a copy of a complaint sent last night.  Obviously many on different sites are not able to communicate in their usual way, since you have updated the site.  I see numerous complaints of "blocked" pages with an "ERROR" message.  Just hope someone can quickly properly program the site in such a way that it is user friendly.  It is not OUR error, it is the programmers' error.  Thank you for attending to this complaint, and correcting the error in a timely manner.  And while you're at it, please return the two options, "SUBMIT" and "PREVIEW".  They worked just fine before the word SUBMIT was "upgraded" to "SAVE"!  Save to what?????

copy of my letter below

Loretta - Ovarian Cancer site

https://healthunlocked.com/ovacome/posts/438975/hello-all-can-any-of-you-with-ovarian-carcinosarcoma-tell-me-what-treatment-youve-had-and-how-it-has-responded-or-anything-else-useful#post-responses

The stories on this site are quite old but I just ran across in it trying to find some useful info relative to your specific diagnosis.  They seem to be saying that another term for carcinosarcoma is MMMT.  That is mentioned in the UPMC report. While my diagnosis is rare as well, it has not been written down on my chart just like yours. In scanning some of these comments, seems as ones who did have chemo cited either carboplatin alone or combos of carboplatin/taxol, or carboplatin/cisplatin. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience! There seems to be a problem with your request.

Please contact Customer Support at
    na.itsecurity@cancer.org for assistance.

*clicking the above email link will automatically add some important details to the email for us to investigate the problem. If the link does not work, please copy and paste all of the information below into an email na.itsecurity@cancer.org

Regards,
    Your American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network Technical Support Team.

Event ID: 543948659660
    Host: csn.cancer.org
    Timestamp: Sat Apr 30 2016 17:57:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks

Thaks for doing that.  Lost an important post yesterday.

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2016 #6
    Options

Hey-I'm just looking at other links & they R having same problem

Hello - Actually I'm Loretta from the Ovarian Cancer page.  I've been looking for a "villain" this morning.  Someone has signed up and posted bogus stupid words on at least 4 sites.  I am flagging them.  But I noticed you're having the same problem as me.  So I have complained to the "security site."  When the "error" message came up, it was extremely frustrating as I had spent hours researching info for a patient, and then couldn’t "get through."  So I clicked on the security link and up came a blank e-mail form.  It was then that I submitted a portion that had web links in it that I had copied and pasted. 

I then copied the "error" notice.  They wrote back and said, that my letter had some "hidden content" in it and that's why it didn't go through.  So I sent another message earlier this morning, and put all the letter in it, and then sent another "error" message that blocked my entry.  I said, "Here is the letter."  Tell me where the hidden content is.  If I'm this smart, I could have opened the IPhone of the terrorist for the FBI. 

Believe me, it's frustrating.  If we can't submit web links to help others, our own opinion without any substantiating links or helpful links is very limited.

I'm upset "big time."  Obviously, this page has been "revamped".  These are programming errors on their part, and someone is getting paid a good salary, but obviously need to do a better job.  We're patients out here that need to be able to communicate with others and exchange web links when appropriate.

I also complained about taking away the word "SUBMIT" and putting "SAVE" in its place.  Now that's confusing.  Since I had spent a lot of time with my letter, I went back in, took out the web links, and then went down and clicked on "SAVE".  It posted.

Now who clicks on a word "save" when they want to "send" or "submit" something?  Not the normal lady sitting home with cancer trying to converse with another friend?  So I'm big-time upset.  IT IS NOT YOUR ERROR--IT IS THEIRS.

I suggest you contact the “security” blue letters that appear on your “error” message, and tell them that you haven’t changed anything about the way you post, but they have and it’s causing all of us problems.  Each person that gets an “error” message should complain.  This can be fixed, and I hope it is soon.  Just thought you should know, you're not the only discussion link that finds the new "format" very UNHELPFUL! 

Loretta Marshall

Peritoneal Carcinomatosis/Ovarian Cancer Stage IV 

-------------------------------

Note:  I just found a page that said we could register problems with the site.  This is what I just wrote.  You can tell, I'm really unhappy about not being able to communicate the way we once did.  Believe me, the ERROR is theirs--not ours. 

This is a copy of a complaint sent last night.  Obviously many on different sites are not able to communicate in their usual way, since you have updated the site.  I see numerous complaints of "blocked" pages with an "ERROR" message.  Just hope someone can quickly properly program the site in such a way that it is user friendly.  It is not OUR error, it is the programmers' error.  Thank you for attending to this complaint, and correcting the error in a timely manner.  And while you're at it, please return the two options, "SUBMIT" and "PREVIEW".  They worked just fine before the word SUBMIT was "upgraded" to "SAVE"!  Save to what?????

copy of my letter below

Loretta - Ovarian Cancer site

https://healthunlocked.com/ovacome/posts/438975/hello-all-can-any-of-you-with-ovarian-carcinosarcoma-tell-me-what-treatment-youve-had-and-how-it-has-responded-or-anything-else-useful#post-responses

The stories on this site are quite old but I just ran across in it trying to find some useful info relative to your specific diagnosis.  They seem to be saying that another term for carcinosarcoma is MMMT.  That is mentioned in the UPMC report. While my diagnosis is rare as well, it has not been written down on my chart just like yours. In scanning some of these comments, seems as ones who did have chemo cited either carboplatin alone or combos of carboplatin/taxol, or carboplatin/cisplatin. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience! There seems to be a problem with your request.

Please contact Customer Support at
    na.itsecurity@cancer.org for assistance.

*clicking the above email link will automatically add some important details to the email for us to investigate the problem. If the link does not work, please copy and paste all of the information below into an email na.itsecurity@cancer.org

Regards,
    Your American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network Technical Support Team.

Event ID: 543948659660
    Host: csn.cancer.org
    Timestamp: Sat Apr 30 2016 17:57:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Happened to me also!

Not a happy camper!  Like Loretta, I wrote a long post of info to several different people, noticed the submit button was gone, hit the preview button, bye, bye, post!  Conplained to CSN, they sent the standard, Please be patient, working on it, ect"  Too tired to re-write.  Also, two E-mails went a muck!  Don't like the "save" or "preview" buttons at all!  Debra

• Unknown
    edited May 2016 #7
    Options
    BabyCoach said:

Thanks

Thaks for doing that.  Lost an important post yesterday.

Try writing your post in word first.

Whenever I write a longer post, I do it in word first, (then can also use spell check), then copy and paste.  If it posts, then I delete the word document.  Hugs Nancy

• LorettaMarshall
    LorettaMarshall Member Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Try writing your post in word first.

Whenever I write a longer post, I do it in word first, (then can also use spell check), then copy and paste.  If it posts, then I delete the word document.  Hugs Nancy

Hooray-Wed. A.M. my ltr posted properly & "submit" is back!

Hey all - Yesterday I couldn't get my letters to post.  I also compose my letters in WORD first, recheck for spelling, etc.  Then I copy and paste it.  That way, when this site "rejects" my entry, it is still on file in my own personal file.  Yesterday was awful.  Nothing was posting without an ERROR message.  I once again filed a note when the SECURITY ERROR popped up.  I also said, please put the word SUBMIT back in and remove that word SAVE.  This morning, I was able to post successfully, and guess what--the word "SUBMIT" has been put back where it belonged.

Loretta

• EZLiving66
    Options

Hey all - Yesterday I couldn't get my letters to post.  I also compose my letters in WORD first, recheck for spelling, etc.  Then I copy and paste it.  That way, when this site "rejects" my entry, it is still on file in my own personal file.  Yesterday was awful.  Nothing was posting without an ERROR message.  I once again filed a note when the SECURITY ERROR popped up.  I also said, please put the word SUBMIT back in and remove that word SAVE.  This morning, I was able to post successfully, and guess what--the word "SUBMIT" has been put back where it belonged.

Loretta

Good for you, Loretta!!  It's

Good for you, Loretta!!  It's hard enough figuring this format out without them changing it on us.

Love,

Eldri

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Loretta, thanks for your

Loretta, thanks for your diligence to get this fixed. I'm with you, glad to see the submit button back!

I suspect our system admins work on a very limited budget. My guess is system and user testing is probably not at the top of their list of things that get done...

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66
    Options

Loretta

Now email for this site isn't

Now email for this site isn't working!!!  Grrrrrr!  I just keep getting error messages.  I emailed them so we'll see what happens.

Love,

Eldri

• CSN_Rowan
    CSN_Rowan Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Thank you for helping us spot the system errors!

Hi all,

I'm Rowan, one of the moderators. While we actually did do an extensive amount of user testing before the platform updated, a variety of system errors and problems have cropped up despite our best efforts. Thank you for letting us know about the problems as they come up for you; your feedback helps us track how the users are being affected. We are currently working hard on finding solutions for the tech problems, and we apologize for the frustration you are all experiencing. 

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    CSN_Rowan said:

Thank you for helping us spot the system errors!

Hi all,

I'm Rowan, one of the moderators. While we actually did do an extensive amount of user testing before the platform updated, a variety of system errors and problems have cropped up despite our best efforts. Thank you for letting us know about the problems as they come up for you; your feedback helps us track how the users are being affected. We are currently working hard on finding solutions for the tech problems, and we apologize for the frustration you are all experiencing. 

Thank you Rowan and all the staff rowing this boat with you.

With all it's imperfections this has become a life line for most or all of us, When the going gets tough we are showered with compassion and encouragement here.Keep on doing what you are doing, with time it will be as close to  perfect as we  wish. In the mean time we are grateful.

It doesn't mean you won't hear us grumble, we will, you then must bite your lips count to 10 and carry right on.Thanks in advance for practicing this suggested exercise, it works. Nuff,Nuff thanks to you all. Moli.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Rowan

Thanks for your reply to us. The complaints and grumbles are a testiment to how much this site means to all of us. So, I hope you and all of your team consider the input positive reinforcement for the value that we receive here.

I worked in IT for way too many years! Managing teams of developers is stressful, rewarding and frustrating all wrapped up in a bow. Then, managing the Users post installs becomes the hardest part of the job when things don't roll out exactly as planned.  Thanks again for putting a face to our support and letting us know you are there for us.

Sincerely,

Cindi